• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kao the Kangaroo (2022) - Official Announcement Trailer

ParaSeoul

Cult-classic mascot platformer Kao the Kangaroo, which you may remember from the Sega Dreamcast, is back with a new adventure for 2022. Kao the Kangaroo will punch his way onto all major platforms (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) in Summer 2022.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Now that they own Crash Bandicoot, they turn him into a damn Kangaroo.

Damn you MS.

wrestlemania xiv wrestling GIF by WWE

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Looks like something destined for a digital release for $19.99.

But the video shows boxed copies. So this game will be minimum $40-50 as a B-tier release. Or possibly full price at $60-70.

MiguelItUp

Can't say that I was expecting a remake of this at all. Doesn't look bad, but doesn't look too exciting either, haha.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
talking about an IP I've never expected to come back. Looks like a mix between the first two Kao games (So essentially a mix of Crash and Rayman 2), a bit generic (typical level/world-themes like ice, lava, wood), but good.
hope it controls well.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Kao wasn't a bad game, but if you have me 100 guesses I never would have picked it out for a revival.

Cult-classic mascot platformer Kao the Kangaroo, which you may remember from the Sega Dreamcast, is back with a new adventure for 2022. Kao the Kangaroo will punch his way onto all major platforms (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and Nintendo Switch) in Summer 2022.

Of all classic dreamcast games to bring back, this is what they choose?

I mean, It don't look bad. But it just doesn't look original enough at all to care about.

BigBooper

Yea, Super Lucky's Tale is about the same level of polish it seems. I don't know...looks really generic to me.

How is he hanging at this part? He's just floating under the net.

Last edited:

freefornow

Gold Member
Target audience will lap this up. And I will play it because my days of quick response precision platforming are wayyyyy behind me.

Top Bottom