• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kentucky fried Chicken"animal cruelty"video insde

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballhog

olimario said:
If the animal were to be eaten afterwards? sure.
There's no point in killing an animal just to kill it.

So if I intend to eat your girlfriend, its cool if I kick the shit out of her first?

fart

Savant
eggplant said:
I was just pointing out that there are people who DO care about mollusks and other animals. Fish and insects probably have their defenders too, but I don't recall any specific examples.
quite a few activists are against even sport fishing as unecessarily cruel

Ill Saint

They way humanity generally pees all over their own habitat and the surrounding life is amazing. We're so far up our own asses it's scary.

Ill Saint said:
They way humanity generally pees all over their own habitat and the surrounding life is amazing. We're so far up our own asses it's scary.

And yet, it means nothing and affects nothing. We're all worthless, just like the chicken. In the grand scheme of things, we are as useless as the chicken. Who cares how they die or how we die. You will die, I promise you that much. Does it matter how? No.

Miburou

I sure as hell don't want my food being handled by sickos, which these people seem to be.

Oh, and people equating chicken with humans need to shut the fuck up.

Ill Saint

God's Hand said:
And yet, it means nothing and affects nothing. We're all worthless, just like the chicken. In the grand scheme of things, we are as useless as the chicken. Who cares how they die or how we die. You will die, I promise you that much. Does it matter how? No.
I totally agree. It's all chaos... I was just speaking as a matter of principal, that we have little respect for anything else on our planet.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
God's Hand said:

Sure we die, but as someone who's sustained injuries in my life, I sure wouldn't want the last ten minutes of my life filled with them before I die. Its been said before, but just think about it, really.
Now whether or not you think this matters to the chicken is really irrelevant. The simple point is, it doesn't take much to kill a chicken, why waste the time with this bullshit?
The process is just as important end result.

Che

Banned
belgurdo said:
Ultimately the chickens are going to die, so who cares how they get to that point?

So... would you like a quick painless death or would you prefer getting tortured for five days till you die screaming?

Fusebox

Banned
Well we could devote our time to aiding the starving Africans ... or we could make sure the chickens are comfy before we kill them and eat them.

Hmm....

ballhog

Fusebox said:
Well we could devote our time to aiding the starving Africans ... or we could make sure the chickens are comfy before we kill them and eat them.

Hmm....

This guy is right, people are starving. Let's go stick firecrackers up a frogs ass!

Fusebox said:

Hmm....

NOT throwing chickens or NOT ripping off their beaks would certainly make these chicken more comfortable. It wasn't about anesthesizing the chicken before dying... it's about avoiding violent, practically deviant behaviour shown in the videos.

BTW, that "starving Africans" argument could be used practically anywhere even if it's not directly related. It's getting old. I mean, I could criticize people for playing too many videogames when there are starving people in Africa. If someone is going to use that argument, shouldn't be more closely related to the topic?

Fusebox

Banned
eggplant said:
I mean, I could criticize people for playing too many videogames when there are starving people in Africa. If someone is going to use that argument, shouldn't be more closely related to the topic?

Sure you can use it, when activist groups start wasting their time on trying to get me to stop playing videogames.

FightyF

Banned
I guess KFC does batter their chicken twice.

Roflmania!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the real issue here. A few more cases of this, and the chickens will have real good reason to hate us humans. Next thing you know KFC headquarters is blown up by a suicide chicken. Many may revolt by laying eggs with crap in the middle instead of a yolk. KFC's actions could affect us all.

Che said:
So... would you like a quick painless death or would you prefer getting tortured for five days till you die screaming?

But isn't life just that? Just without the 5 day time limit.

Meh whatever, people took this thread far too seriously. Equating chickens bred for being eaten with pets which have strong sentimental value? Saying people have no respsect because they don't care about chickens? KFC tastes like ass? My lord did the whole board just pop a screw loose or what?

Fight for Freeform said:
Roflmania!

I'm surprised no one mentioned the real issue here. A few more cases of this, and the chickens will have real good reason to hate us humans. Next thing you know KFC headquarters is blown up by a suicide chicken. Many may revolt by laying eggs with crap in the middle instead of a yolk. KFC's actions could affect us all.

You know, this reminds me...of a severely long story about how the chickens became a master race! Through a freak accident involving radiation, and I'm told, marshmallows!

Fusebox said:
Sure you can use it, when activist groups start wasting their time on trying to get me to stop playing videogames.

Well, obviously I could use it anywhere. My point is that it's practically a red herring... it doesn't have all that much to do with the topic at hand.

Fusebox said:
Sure .. if you didnt want to make any sense.

It puts the issue into perspective.

yeah, I could put videogame arguing "into perspective" by describing the plight of starving people. Who really cares about Sega's business management when there are starving people out there? Really, I could put tons of things "into perspective" by going the "starving Africans" route.

Hero

Both sides are getting really far fetched.

My opinion:

It sucks that it happens, as it is cruel, however I'm sure this happens to almost every type of animal that many of us consume on a daily basis. There's no way to ever be sure that what we're eating came from places that killed animals in a humane manner.

B'z-chan

Banned
Ok well first i wont be going to KFC any time soon and second did anyone else get freaked out hearing "Take Me down to Paradise City where the Grass is Green and the Girls are Pretty" While a chicken is getting killed. Man thats just a bad way to go out. And i dont condone this kind of stuff so looks like no chicken for me, back to beef.

MaddenNFL64

Since basic empathy didn't work on many of you, heres a more practical way of looking at it.

Of course it's just a damn chicken, but instead of wasting precious time smacking a chicken against a wall, chop it's head off, and get it over with. Less time wasted sadistically torturing it, the faster the chicken gets on your plate. And it'll taste better too :).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
ConfusingJazz said:
You know, this reminds me...of a severely long story about how the chickens became a master race! Through a freak accident involving radiation, and I'm told, marshmallows!
"Thousands of years ago..."

User 406

Banned
Just to throw a fly in the ointment, (and to torture Orin) here are some of the other fast food chains that Pilgrim's Pride supplies with chicken:

POPEYE'S
Wendy's
Burger King
Chick-fil-A
Arby's
POPEYE'S
Churches
Hardees
Jack in the Box
Long John Silver
POPEYE'S

Happy boycotting! ^o-

pollo

Banned
Behold! The only man we need to remedy this evil.

videoouija02.jpg

videoouija12.jpg

VPhys

olimario said:
If you can't see the differnce between a human and a chicken, there's no hope for you.

Chickens are unintelligent creatures with really no concept of anything except their basic instinct to survive. They are here for our sustenance. Why treat them with any respect before I eat them? Really no point.

Americans once said that to justify the treatment of people.

Fact is they are _animials_ with brains and have concepts of pain and suffering. It is not necessary to put them through this.

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Regardless of what is right or wrong, we've got some cold mofos on this board. =|

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
i'd wager that half the people on here condoning this kind of sadistic treatment of animals would probably decline were they actually forced to kill the animals that they take for granted as a source of food. its fucking easy to go and get your delicious chicken or kentucky fried racoon in a sealed packet from the shop but i wonder how many would actually get out an axe and chop a chicken's head off for a meal? and clean/pluck it afterwards?

i'm not prepared to do this, so i decided i don't feel comfortable eating meat and using the 'food chain' argument (cue picture of person surrounded by hundreds of animals, all with arrows pointing inwards) . i'm not against it - but i wonder how people's opinions would change were they then unable to purchase their instant chicken from the shop and had to get their hands dirty. once again - i have my own reasons for not eating meat, and i don't judge anyone that does, people can do what they want :p but the arrogance of some people on here makes me wonder...

shuri

Banned
I havent watched the video, because I really dont care about seeing chickens that. As long as they taste good once cooked.. ;)

Chickens, Cows, pigs, and so on are the kind of commodity animals. They are there to be eaten. In the nature, they dont stand a chance. They are born to end up sliced up, smoked up, between a slice of cheeze and mayonaise in my sandwitch. Thats it for them

I just dont care about them. I just want to eat them

If the video was showing puppies getting slammed on walls, i guess that it would be a bit more offensive. It's not like you can eat puppy steak*. That's just the waste of a life.

* Mileage may vary

MrCheez

Yes, the chickens are going to be killed anyway. But anyone who doesn't think this is wrong and that the people doing this are sick fucks, well... I'm shocked and don't know what to say.

Fusebox

Banned
MrCheez said:
Yes, the chickens are going to be killed anyway. But anyone who doesn't think this is wrong and that the people doing this are sick fucks, well... I'm shocked and don't know what to say.

I propose that if you spent a couple of years doing their job you'd probably desensitise and objectify the chickens after a while too.

MrCheez

I guess we'll never know for sure, but I couldn't see that ever happenening (since we're talking about me and not just a person in general, anyway).

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, a goody-goody, or both... but I have no desire to harm any living thing. =P I don't feel apprehensive to say that anyone who does is sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom