• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLER TOPIC - Katana/Dreamcast Scud Race / Super GT demo from 1997/1998. DROOL!!!!

GigaDrive

Banned
do it anyway Isamu, you might not get another chance. its not that awe-inspiring, its just a demo clip.

its not as if its a Daytona USA 2 demo. now THAT would have made me heartsick!

jarrod

Banned
GigaDrive said:
look how decent (not awesome, but decent) Sega Rally 2 is on Dreamcast. it was a Step 2.0 Model 3 arcade game, converted to Dreamcast in a matter of months, a rushed job, using the shitty WinCE OS instead of Sega's Ninja or Dragon API / OS / Library (whatever Sega's low level API/OS/libraries were)...
Sega Rally 2 was also ported by a different team (AM6/Smilebit rather than AM5/AM Annex/Sega Rosso).

Shinobi

Nice looking vids. I don't think they could've done followed through on the quality of those vids as a first generation game (the two cars are on a road and nothing else, and the track which had 40 cars in the arcade version has zero in that vid), but Daytona DC certaintly indicated that a close conversion of Super GT was technically feasible as a second generation game. Anyway, seeing stuff like this is always cool...if I had a few million bucks on my hand, I'd love to invest a magazine or website that covered unreleased games or demos, interviewing the developers and getting the lowdown on what was possible with the hardware. Stuff like Starfox 2 on SNES, Mother 3 on 64DD, VF3 and Shenmue on the Saturnn, Batman Forever and X-Men 3 on 32X (those two games were said to be phenominal, at least visually)...all would make for great exposes.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
thx but Im straight :)

gonna the cab one of these days anyway. havent seen the game running in an arcade in over 8 years nor any clips of it running online. this deliberate on my part. seeing it for the 1st time in like 8 years and in my home...is going to be better than hot monkey butt sex.

Shinobi said:
Batman Forever and X-Men 3 on 32X (those two games were said to be phenominal, at least visually)

This is news to me. Does anyone have any pics at all or more info about their development?

jarrod

Banned
FortNinety said:
This is news to me. Does anyone have any pics at all or more info about their development?
X-Men was being developed by Scavenger and was fully 3D iirc (I remember seeing some early shots of Worlverine & Bishop running around 3D segmented corridors). No idea about Batman Forever but I suspect it's probably the same as the STV/Saturn/PS1 version Acclaim released.

Btw, Castlevania SotN started out as a 32X game too. And a DarkStalkers port was planned early on also.

Top Bottom