• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King celebrates Candy Crush Saga’s 15,000th level and $20B in revenue

Activision Blizzard's King division is celebrating 20 years of as a company, and it noted that Candy Crush Saga now has 15,000 levels for the match-3 game.

The company said that Candy Crush Saga has reached $20 billion in revenue and five billion downloads to date since its debut in 2012 on mobile. That is the equivalent of a wrecking ball swinging through the video game industry. King had only 2,000 levels for the game back in 2016.
King continues to be a cultural phenomenon. King's games were played by 238 million monthly active users as of the second quarter of 2023. Its portfolio of mobile games brings players of all ages and backgrounds together to play.
Candy Crush has been the top-grossing game franchise in the U.S. app stores for six years in a row. Continued investments in major brand partnerships have enabled King and Candy Crush to stay at the heart of pop culture.

Designed to be played in short bursts, Candy Crush Saga players have collectively completed more than five trillion levels. A quick fun fact: if you were to add the distance of all the swipes completed in Candy Crush Saga over the last five years, you'd almost travel around the world seven times over.

winjer

Gold Member
Embarrassed Shame GIF

acm2000

so many mums and old people emptying their bank accounts into this game.

GG's to King on finding a good market to milk tho.

Hudo

And ABK couldn't invest a couple of millions of the 20 billion to make WarCraft 3 Reforged not shit?

Robb

Gold Member
That’s insane amounts tbh. Can’t say I’m looking forward to the day when Mario games include stuff like this;
get-more-lives.gif

kenneth-lim-oolwa-final-mock.jpg

The future is very bleak.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
If you run out of lives, change the clock on the phone forward enough time that all lives come back. Then open the app to show the refill and go back to settings and fix the clock time. Free lives.

terminator 2 money GIF

I don't play the game but I know someone who does 🙃

Last edited:
Top Bottom