• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

L.A. Noire PS4 coming to GTA+ tomorrow

Kerotan

Link

They're adding LA. Noire tomorrow and there's still no sign of the GTA Trilogy leaving or RDR1 remaster.

I guess they want to build tge catalogue. Bully is coming later this year also.

Last edited:

Kerotan

I always watch that game and it makes me want to fall asleep... Is it good?
Yeah decent. I only played the DLC last year and it was actually fun googling the correct answers for each investigation. I played the main game legit though. It's very high quality for its time and pretty in depth.

Skifi28

The game can be had for cheaper than one month of subscribing, I say buy it.

It's showing its age and there are a few issues here and there, but there's nothing quite like it. If you hate driving and want something action-packed, it's probably not for you. I personally love it and have finished it twice.

Kerotan

It's showing its age and there are a few issues here and there, but there's nothing quite like it. If you hate driving and want something action-packed, it's probably not for you. I personally love it and have finished it twice.
On playstation 4 or 5 I don't think so? €20 cheapest it goes on sale.

On ps3 though I bought it last year for €2.

KellyNole

Actually playing through this on PC at the moment. I skip all driving parts and just have my partner drive. Makes the game much better.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
It's good for what it is: a noir detective game with a high focus on dialogue, story and interrogating suspects.

As others have said already, there really isn't anything like it, and imo it's a shame because the game is amazing.

It also has a very accurate representation of the 50s, with all it's racism, homophobia, and things like your partner saying stuff like "you drive like a woman!". Something like this would be impossible to make and release in today's climate.

CamHostage

So this is a new port? Or was there already a PS4 version?

As far as I can tell, PS4 is specified for no clear reason in the OP and may have been a mistake? The press release is platform-agnostic. (The remastered version of LA Noire which came to PS4 also came to Xbox One, I'm sure whichever GTA+ Membership you use will deliver that platform's build of the game.)

Play L.A. Noire Free With Your GTA+ Membership​

Coming Tomorrow to the Rockstar Games Catalog for Members​

May 1, 2024
L.A. Noire is coming to the library of free games available to GTA+ Members on Thursday, May 2. Step into the shoes of LAPD detective Cole Phelps as he’s thrown headfirst into a city drowning in its own success, where corruption is rampant, the drug trade is exploding, and murder rates are at an all-time high.

In his fight to climb the ranks and do what’s right, Phelps must unravel the truth behind a string of arson attacks, racketeering conspiracies, and brutal murders, battling the L.A. underworld and even members of his own department to uncover a secret that could shake the city to its rotten core.

Solve cases inspired by real crimes from 1947 Los Angeles — one of the most corrupt and violent times in L.A. history — as you attempt to find the truth in a city where everyone has something to hide. Utilizing revolutionary facial animation technology that captures every nuance of an actor’s facial performance in astonishing detail, L.A. Noire blends breathtaking action with true detective work for an unprecedented interactive experience.

As a special homage to L.A. Noire, starting tomorrow GTA+ Members will also be able to claim a pair of vintage luxury vehicles for free from Legendary Motorsport in GTA Online — the Classique Broadway (Muscle) and the Albany Roosevelt (Sports Classic).

Check out more information about all the benefits of GTA+ Membership here, including details on the special GTA$ Bonus Event running all summer long.

Last edited:

RoadHazard

Gold Member
As far as I can tell, PS4 has no bearing on the OP and may have been a mistake? The press release is platform-agnostic. (The remastered version which came to PS4 also came to Xbox One, I'm sure whichever GTA+ Membership you use will deliver that platform's build of the game.)

Yeah, I meant PS4/XBO versions.

YCoCg

The game has been on sale multiple times, same with Bully, for less than the cost of a month of GTA+ and you actually get to keep it, this just feels like Rockstar is using these games as an excuse to jack up the monthly price.

Kerotan

The game has been on sale multiple times, same with Bully, for less than the cost of a month of GTA+ and you actually get to keep it, this just feels like Rockstar is using these games as an excuse to jack up the monthly price.
I think on playstation 20 is the cheapest it's been.

Rac3r

I love it, probably one of my favorite games of all time, flaws and all. I can understand if people don't like it though, as it's a slow burn and the mechanics don't accomplish what they're meant to do (reading facial cues and using the right evidence during interviews/interrogations can be frustrating). But if you're itching for a detective game, then it's a must play. The mood, score and setting are top-notch.

Skifi28

On playstation 4 or 5 I don't think so? €20 cheapest it goes on sale.

I think on playstation 20 is the cheapest it's been.

According to CD keys, lowest price was 6 euros which is what I remember I paid back then. They just stopped discounting it in the last few years for whatever reason. Very odd indeed, but I suppose Rockstar is gonna Rockstar.

Jjra6cl.png

Kerotan

According to CD keys, lowest price was 6 euros which is what I remember I paid back then. They just stopped discounting it in the last few years for whatever reason. Very odd indeed, but I suppose Rockstar is gonna Rockstar.

Jjra6cl.png
Yeah on PSN 20 was the lowest for this version. On ps3 however you can get the disc from CEX for €2. So this is a good deal for playstation users.

Top Bottom