• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

late to the party"hellboy DVD"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today when i opend my mail box i found a red little devil with a big damn fist.

the movie rocks!!!
i never got the chance to see this film at the cinema,nor did i read the comic book,but now after i seen this monster on DVD i regret not taking time off to go and watch this film at the cinema.

the opening scene just rules, i love the whole nazi thing that revolves around this movie,
How hitler was obsessed by artifacts and magical stuff.

i am going to watch all these special features that you can find on this fully packed 2 disc DVD set, thank god for Guilermo del toro and his love for the DVD media.

does anyone know if there will be another Hellboy movie?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, since Hellboy was pretty low budget (although you can't tell from how well it was pulled off), it made money and Revolution Studios sees it as a "franchise". I believe early pre-production starts next month, with Mignola and Del Toro back on board with Ron Perlman and - gasp! - rumors of Bruce Campbell as Lobster Johnson (too fuckin' cool!).

I loved the beginning, especially because I thought - hey! - this is how I would make a Castle Wolfenstein movie.

It's a great flick that loses a little bit with an anticlimatic ending, but it's probably one of the most faithful comic book adaptations, up there with Spider-Man 2 and Superman.

Willco said:
Yeah, since Hellboy was pretty low budget (although you can't tell from how well it was pulled off), it made money and Revolution Studios sees it as a "franchise". I believe early pre-production starts next month, with Mignola and Del Toro back on board with Ron Perlman and - gasp! - rumors of Bruce Campbell as Lobster Johnson (too fuckin' cool!).

I loved the beginning, especially because I thought - hey! - this is how I would make a Castle Wolfenstein movie.

It's a great flick that loses a little bit with an anticlimatic ending, but it's probably one of the most faithful comic book adaptations, up there with Spider-Man 2 and Superman.

wow Bruce cambell..thats awsome.

jepp i loved the nazi opening, but wish it was less of that monster and more of the nazis

who is lobster johonson? anyone got a pic?

Trevelyon

robertsan21 said:
who is lobster johonson? anyone got a pic?

Lobster is a detective/superhero who helps Roger & Hellboy in the Conqueror Worm tbp.

Willco said:
"believe early pre-production starts next month, with Mignola and Del Toro back on board with Ron Perlman"

Yep, Mignola & GDT have completed the first drafts, plot elements will be based off "Almost Colossus" and "Conqueror Worm" so it looks the emphasis will be on Roger & developing his character. Mike said at SDCC that HB2 shooting should begin in August of next year and also,'At the mountains of madness' Guillermo's other project, is still moving forward after initial reports that Dreamworks rejected the draft GDT submitted & the project was on a permanent hiatus.

So.... I'd think HB2 would be top priority at the moment, but good to hear AtMoM is still on track at Dreamworks.

Mairu

The DVD set was pretty good. THe behind the scenes stuff was interesting. I just wish they would release a R-Rated, Unrated version. Don't get me wrong, I liked the movie, but all the battles would have seemed a little bit more realistic/believable with some gore/blood ;)

sefskillz said:
does this dvd have the extra 40 minutes or whatever that they cut?

i don't think so. I think thats gonna be on the 3 disc extended version that should come out later this year. This one does have a 2 and a half hour "Making of" documentary which should be interesting. I love that kinda stuff.

Trevelyon

sefskillz said:
does this dvd have the extra 40 minutes or whatever that they cut?

I believe the SE has three delete scenes on it. The rest are scheduled for the 3 disc set in November, and it was more like 20 minutes. ;)

Mairu

Trevelyon said:
Mairu, what scenes are they?
I don't remember them all clearly (I watched them all on Wednesday).

One of them was like... in that scene before they resurrect the nazi guy they show them punching a hole in the ice.
It's not that they're bad scenes, it's just that there's nothing to them. The other two were just bad conversation scenes if I remember correctly. Just boring scenes.

I guess it's good because we know nothing important was cut out of the theater cut, at least

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom