• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Law Enforcement Appreciation Thread

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
Hi All

I just wanted to thank any posters that work in law enforcement and give a salute. In our current social climate, you have been demonized and been made to feel like shit. It bothers me to no ends. Are there some bad apples out there? - sure. Every industry has bad apples. The majority of you are fine, upstanding citizens that choose a profession both dangerous and necessary. Too many people overlook the job that law enforcement does. It's only when something happens that they conveniently forget how they demonize an entire institution because of some isolated incidents. It boggles my mind how cities like New York City have politicians that have turned their back on the police force. Regardless, you are appreciated and there is an entire population out there that doesn't limit its social encounters to the internet, particularly video game message-boards. Salute.

(I made a similar thread a long time ago and it was locked with no explanation so felt the need to make another one based on recent current events)

thank-a-police-officer-day-image.jpg

Lrnex

Good stuff 👍
I get and appreciate the historic feelings of mistrust some groups have for police in general, but things have changed in the last few decades and policing is much more regulated and held to a much higher standard now. It’s a rough job to say the least and in their daily life they are bombarded with some of the worst society has to offer.

It’s their job to run towards trouble and rush into all kinds of shit situations. They deserve all the kudos they can get and I sure the hell don’t envy what they have to put up with. Especially in the current US political climate.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
I'd like to thank all the cops that don't stop me for no fucking reason those guys are cool. All the other cops can suck a gigantic dick.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'd like to thank all the cops that don't stop me for no fucking reason those guys are cool. All the other cops can suck a gigantic dick.
Same here. But I'll add that giant dick sucking should also apply to:

1. The asshole who gave me a parking violation ticket for a no parking zone, when those signs were on the other side of the road. Got that ticket thrown out in traffic court in 5 seconds with photos of the street and signage. Waste of time that was

2. The asshole who gave me a ticket going 120 km on the highway which is 100 km limit, even though other cars were going faster than me, but some reason I got chosen though I was slower. Unless it's rush hour or terrible weather, nobody drives 100 km on the QEW

3. When I was living at a dorm during university, some clown shot fire retardant into my room under my door when I was sleeping.... I heard a weird noise at the door and woke up. Then noticed all this fumey shit all over. It wasn't white foamy stuff you see in the movies. It was actually yellowy powdery stuff that got all over the room and on all my stuff, the carpets, tables etc.... I called security, and campus security and cop showed up and grilled me accusing me of doing it to my own room. Assholes

Good thing is the janitorial crew came at midnight and cleaned my room. I was put into a spare room for the night and in the morning it was all clean. Thank you to whomever cleaned my room in the middle of the night.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Thanks po po. I appreciate you! Most people will never understand the mental toll and stress dealing with degenerates all day has on someone.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
So many good cop videos on Youtube that the national media give little to no attention to.

Daxter32jak

In 2016 NYPD helped me locate my car - I thought it was stolen. They drove me in their car trying to find it for about 30 minutes.

My car ended up getting hit while parked and was towed away. They reviewed camera footage from about 2 nearby businesses and even reviewed footage from one of those public street cameras they have set up on light poles. They managed to see the Towing Companys truck and it’s lettering and called and confirmed that it was towed by an authorized tow company and even drove me to locate the car to the tow lot to confirm what had happened.

Thank you NYPD

QqtaV1k.jpg

daveonezero

Banned
Just No

much better ways to protect people than a federally funded, armed and equipped military occupying the country.

thanks to the elected sheriffs who kick out federal police and help protect their communities.

also volunteer firefighters.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
It's a very difficult job always dealing with people at their worst.
Unfortunately there are far too many douchebag cops that destroy people's perception of police officers as a whole.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
When I was ur age op they says we can be cops or robbers but what I'm telling u is when ur facing some1 with a samurai sword wats the difference??!

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I've had good and bad run-ins with the police. And I wasn't even doing anything illegal! It was almost always "you fit the profile" or a random stop because I was jogging and they wanted to see if I was drunk (I never go outside after I've had a drink or two to jog). One even threatened me in front of my son.

The times they've been good is when I've called them when I needed help. It's like the idiots who confronted me only saw that I was black and "obviously" up to no good (yes, even the black cops). But it was almost always a good mix of cop partners who treated me with respect and kindness. Mix in race or gender.

When it was just white or just black... Or just a single cop is when it was a bad experience.

I don't even look like a gang member.

Top Bottom