• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 5

If he can stay on champs like Viktor, Ori, and other champs with wave clear I don't think he has to be stellar for CLG to do well. Wave clear from the mid allows Double and Zion to have more carries available.

The problem is that the counter to Viktor is a mobile assassin. The Mid-God's are full of them.

I watched Faker solo-kill Febiven's Azir with Olaf several times on SoloQ vids, and his team won that game before 20 minutes lol.

This is why lists can't be made on neogaf. Everyone just immediately calls them wrong

I pointed out the few flaws I thought it had and made an argument for them. I think most would agree with the points I made, and if you don't I want to discuss them with you. That is how message boards should function.

The problem is that the counter to Viktor is a mobile assassin. The Mid-God's are full of them.

I watched Faker solo-kill Febiven's Azir with Olaf several times on SoloQ vids, and his team won that game before 20 minutes lol.

Yup, should be interesting to see what champs pop up in the mid-lane. I think with the Azir nerfs it has the widest array of options ever out of the mid.

Watched the TSM thing lol...

Dyrus is hard tilting, probably the worst personality a team can have.

But Regi, man, that guy is like a super toxic coach that doesn't help at all.
He's like "Don't Tilt" and "Santorin, tell us how Dyrus is screwing up your play".

Elfstruck

It seems like Dyrus' opinions don't matter. If your team don't care about you, then no wonder he is shitier than before.

Anyway, riot just ranked apro ahead of picaboo.....what a joke.

While there were definitely some things wrong with my lists (I forgot to move Huhi, sOAZ should be higher, loulex should definitely be lower) I was trying to order the players by what the community thought of them, so I rated western players like Aphromoo, Dyrus, xPeke and Hjarnan higher and some of the lesser known eastern players lower. I didn't know what to do with BKT & paiN players outside Kami so I just left them at the bottom. It doesn't matter much anyway.

If I was to make a list of my own ratings, it would look a fair bit different (Ziv might be a top 5 top laner, certainly above any western player except Huni, Dyrus would be very low). The point was less the individual ranking and more to get a feel for the general level of the players (which is harder if you just randomly list names).

I'll be cheering on the KOO Tigers. PraY and GorillA gonna carry that team deep this year with all their experience. Hopefully at least the SFs.

zkylon

zkylewd
It seems like Dyrus' opinions don't matter. If your team don't care about you, then no wonder he is shitier than before.

well, piccaboo hasn't been like stellar either, at least earlier in the season when i was watching korea

neither of them should prolly be on a top 20 list but i guess if it's more like "players to follow" then it kinda makes more sense

i think clg will be interesting to see, i'm hoping they'll do good

While there were definitely some things wrong with my lists (I forgot to move Huhi, sOAZ should be higher, loulex should definitely be lower) I was trying to order the players by what the community thought of them, so I rated western players like Aphromoo, Dyrus, xPeke and Hjarnan higher and some of the lesser known eastern players lower. I didn't know what to do with BKT & paiN players outside Kami so I just left them at the bottom. It doesn't matter much anyway.

If I was to make a list of my own ratings, it would look a fair bit different (Ziv might be a top 5 top laner, certainly above any western player except Huni, Dyrus would be very low). The point was less the individual ranking and more to get a feel for the general level of the players (which is harder if you just randomly list names).

I'll be cheering on the KOO Tigers. PraY and GorillA gonna carry that team deep this year with all their experience. Hopefully at least the SFs.

wait i dont get it, did u make the lists?

also im rooting for lgd since godv is a monster on ori, tho i won't complain if skt wins since faker is faker

mostly i hope it's a tighter worlds than last years, and it definitely seems like it will be

Piccaboo hasn't played a lot of games, and he was pretty much shut down in the finals.
There's also a chance Aphro doesn't make the list lol.

Like, there's not much room in the top 20... I'll list out 20 in no order. Just off the top of my head:
Faker
Imp
Deft
Marin
Bang
Bengi
Wolf
Easyhoon
Pawn
Clearlove
Kakao
Rookie
Zz1tai
Godv
Acorn
PYL
Ssumday
Smeb
Pray
Gorilla

I think TL has too much money to suck. There isn't exactly a salary cap in League like in NFL (hard) or NBA (soft). This is basically like baseball where teams with money can just throw money at the best player and will always remain relevant.

HORRORSHØW

fb stickers; avie material

qSpqMvY.png

zkylon

zkylewd
foudn it kind of awkward that uzi was in that legends rising video

i find it kind of awkward uzi is not at worlds in general ;_;

zkylon

zkylewd
Especially when he's saying he wants to retire.

Half of OMG already retired.

i feel that coaches need to find better training regimes to prevent players from burning out and retiring so early, specially super talented ones like uzi.

i'm not a fan of thorin but i think he was dead right when he said that players doing like 16 hours a day of lol isn't healthy or productive and not necessarily the best way to become good at the game

i really feel like coaches are wasting all their player talent by not taking responsibility and coming up with better ways of training these kids

like 3 year max turn over rates for players is pretty awful

i feel that coaches need to find better training regimes to prevent players from burning out and retiring so early, specially super talented ones like uzi.

i'm not a fan of thorin but i think he was dead right when he said that players doing like 16 hours a day of lol isn't healthy or productive and not necessarily the best way to become good at the game

i really feel like coaches are wasting all their player talent by not taking responsibility and coming up with better ways of training these kids

like 3 year max turn over rates for players is pretty awful

I think leading up to something like Worlds grinding out a bunch of hours is fine because they are motivated and excited about something. During the regular LCS/LCK/LPL splits I think it should be but back to a typical 40-hour work week and maybe even less than that because you have to account for full days at the studio for game days.

zkylon

zkylewd
I think leading up to something like Worlds grinding out a bunch of hours is fine because they are motivated and excited about something. During the regular LCS/LCK/LPL splits I think it should be but back to a typical 40-hour work week and maybe even less than that because you have to account for full days at the studio for game days.
yeah, i can understand the worlds/playoffs crunch, it's just that kids like faker or whatever doing like 16 hours every day is insane

zkylon

zkylewd
hype for worlds 5!

(lemme play that nicki taylor song again.... can we bring to fall the koreans giaaaaaaaaaaants)

edit: mercedes benz arena for s5 worlds finals says it has room for 60k ppl on wikipedia, sounds like too much to fill but would be nice if there were numbers similar to last year's

hype for worlds 5!

(lemme play that nicki taylor song again.... can we bring to fall the koreans giaaaaaaaaaaants)

edit: mercedes benz arena for s5 worlds finals says it has room for 60k ppl on wikipedia, sounds like too much to fill but would be nice if there were numbers similar to last year's

Definitely won't be as much as a football stadium. It's an indoor stadium for basketball and concerts. I guess refugees are occupying Allianz.

It'll be like Madison Square Garden.

I have an OP ready for the worlds thread, when should I post it? I am still working on a follow up post to go more in-depth about the teams.

Top Bottom