• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends Championship Series: Season 6

zkylon

zkylewd
BAjPnAf.png

Hiya folks, LCS is back!

Preseason drama has been kind, we've gotten the EU vs NA format changes, Rito and OGN and SPOTV going at each other's throats, TSM and Fnatic losing like all their players again, random challenger teams beating SKT, China being all "what now?" and Flame finally returning to Korea to maybe finally play League of Legends. Where the hell is Piccaboo going? Idk! Froggen is starting with KeithMcBrief in a new NA team owned by some basketball dude (and they ofc bought a spot because lol LCS). Gambit is dead. Doublelift is playing for fucking TSM.

Biggest news is probably NA and EU finally getting Bo3s and Bo2s (you have soccer to thank for that, or something) later in the year, so you know, there's that for serious stuff.

So many questions tho... what will HAPPEN in season 6 of LCS? What's Bo3 and Bo2 gonna mean for NA and EU? How will EU look like after the exodus? Will China strike back after a lackluster worlds? Will Balls get out of D2? Will Rekkles and Deft finally kiss? Will we discover why europeans love ties so much?

Get your latest scoops at LCS2016!

♪ going ♪

oV74mFT.png

GET YOUR STREAMING ACTION HERE

Missed a game? No probs, Rito got the VODs for ya!

More LCS like PTL, articles, power rankings and full rosters at League's Official Esports Site

XXVCt93.png

EU2 NA LCS

TSM | Cloud9 | Dignitas | CLG | Impulse | Liquid | Renegades (promoted) | Immortals (bought T8 spot) | NRG (bought Coast's promoted spot) | Echo Fox (ex Gravity)

EU LCS

Fnatic | Roccat | H2K | Unicorns of Love | Giants | Elements | Origen | Splyce (promoted) | Gamers2 (promoted) | Vitality (bought Gambit spot)

LCK

SKT Telecom T1 | e-mFire (ex Najin) | Jin Air Green Wings | CJ Entus | Longzhu (ex IM) | Samsung Galaxy | SBENU Sonicboom | KT Rolster | ROX Tigers | Afreeca Freecs (ex Anarchy)

LPL

Group A: World Elite | Snake | Energy Pace Maker | Qiao Gu Reapers | Master3 | LGD

Group B: Hyper Youth Gaming | OMG | Royal Never Give Up | Invictus | Vici | EDG

LMS

ahq | Taipei Assassins | Hong Kong Esports | Midnight Sun | Machi17 | Flash Wolves | Cougar | HeatWave

klhlbmB.png

LCS Format
  • 9 Weeks (Double Round Robin).
  • Matches are Best of One.
  • 10 Matches Per Week
  • Each team plays 18 matches per split
  • 1st place and 2nd place secure first round byes in the playoffs
  • 7th place re-qualifies for LCS next split, but will not participate in the playoffs
  • 8th and 9th place LCS teams will play against the 2nd and 3rd place Challenger Series teams for a spot in the LCS at the Promotion Tournament. The 8th place LCS team will choose their Challenger opponent.
  • 10th place will automatically be relegated to the Challenger Series. The 1st place Challenger team automatically qualifies into the LCS

LPL Format
  • 12 teams are divided into Groups A and B.
  • 10 Weeks (Double Round Robin).
  • Matches are Best of Three.
  • Winner gets 1 point per win.

LCK Format
Regular Season:
  • 2, 6 weeks periods.
  • First half - Jan 13th to Feb 25th
  • Second half - TBD
  • Double Round Robin
  • All games are Best of Three
  • Substitutions can done in between games.
  • Top 4 teams will qualify for the Playoffs.

Special Awards are given to selected players after the season:
  • A Season MVP award will be given to one player.
  • After each match, the press will decide the MVP and award points: Season: 100 points | Playoffs: 100 points | Finals: 300 points
  • A KDA award will be given to one player of each role.
  • The player of each role (Top, Jungle, Mid, AD Carry, and Support) who has the highest Kill-Death-Assist rate will win.

LMS Format
  • Each team plays all of the other teams three times, for a total of 84 matches
  • Each match is best of one
  • Top 4 teams advance to the playoffs

9er3NUW.png

Think you've got what it takes to be the very best? Have 40 minutes to kill on something that takes way too long cos someone is always AFK during draft? Join up for a fantasy league with up to 8 friends and compete for bragging rights and all that nonsense!

LOOK HOW MUCH FUN THIS IS (completely random unbiased fantasy league)

AJbaOC7.png

Gonna make my best Thorin impression and tell you to make all your fantasies come true here

thanks eddie for writing the format section and not getting mad at me for making way too many finger jokes

here's to a good year!

6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif

6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif

6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif
6swePVs.gif

(sorry potatos)

Amazing.

10/10

I'm excited for this season, I can't wait for NA.

Eu is a mess... So go Origen!

Have Riot said how will they balance fantasy for next split?

Also, I want some TL players on my fantasy... But who knows who will play each week. 10 players...

zkylon

zkylewd
Amazing.

10/10

I'm excited for this season, I can't wait for NA.

Eu is a mess... So go Origen!

Have Riot said how will they balance fantasy for next split?

Also, I want some TL players on my fantasy... But who knows who will play each week. 10 players...

what's you mean balance fantasy?

Less wards right? Should be better right?
technically thanks to blue trinket there's been more wards, A LOT more wards, but in na/eu will be playing on 6.1 (while korea lags behind for a week) and that's got the blue trinket nerfs so idk

game pacing got a lot of changes that should technically make the game more fun to watch too, but i don't even know if they went live with the minion changes or not

Chillz0r

Banned
Is this gonna be the season in wich our lord and savior GodG1ven manages to win something?

Probably not. FeelsBadMan.

Echo fox.

Lan/Las will start this Monday 18. It will be cool to watch since they are doing the same that NA/eu will do next split. ie. One is bo2 and the other bo3. And studios and gaming houses. And one spot for lan and another for Las in iwcq.

Echo fox.

Lan/Las will start this Monday 18. It will be cool to watch since they are doing the same that NA/eu will do next split. ie. One is bo2 and the other bo3. And studios and gaming houses. And one spot for lan and another for Las in iwcq.

So I'm imagining IWCQ split would be:

Group 1: Brazil/LAN/LAS/Oceania

Group 2: Turkey/CIS/SE Asia/Japan

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah i think i might add brazil to the ot at one point since i think ppl around here are probably just as interested in brazil as they are in lms

yeah i think i might add brazil to the ot at one point since i think ppl around here are probably just as interested in brazil as they are in lms

Speaking of Brazil ...

INTZ's owner apparently attempted to circumvent the "one team per owner" rule by selling their second squad INTZ Red to a company that was a holding company for the owner's brother and that brother's girlfriend.

They got found out, half the CBLOL threatened to walk if nothing was done, and Riot Brazil handed out judgment: One of the teams has to be sold by Friday, or if they don't, they must give the spot away to another else (as KaBuM Black had to at one point). Also, INTZ gets no winnings for spring split and INTZ's directors have been suspended for a year.

Sterba

Looking forward to the LCS starting back up. Took a little break from league with the holiday deluge of games and work, but am recharged and ready to get back to it.

Hard

Banned
Let's do eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

WE0qxZq.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Na6GPSf.gif

Will post my players to watch later, it's 2 AM here

Anyone can explaing the bans to me?

Gangplank is broken. It's the only one I get. The picks are pretty straightforward, no problem there.

ryze - faker is a god on ryze
mf - super op
fiora - generally good top, maybe skt want to put the rookie players on cj out of their comfort zone
lulu - been permaban for a while
lizzy - been popping up lately, strong champion all around

edit: Thanks. Right, I forgot Faker is god with Ryze. I kind of like to forget Ryze exist at all since I don't like him.

Why is MF super op?

zkylon

zkylewd
ryze - faker is a god on ryze
mf - super op
fiora - generally good top, maybe skt want to put the rookie players on cj out of their comfort zone
lulu - been permaban for a while
lizzy - been popping up lately, strong champion all around

zkylon

zkylewd
edit: Thanks. Right, I forgot Faker is god with Ryze. I kind of like to forget Ryze exist at all since I don't like him.

Why is MF super op?

just really big numbers on this patch and her e has really good synergy with thunderlords

she gets a couple nerfs in 6.1 but korea's playing on 5.24 because of a bug

just really big numbers on this patch and her e has really good synergy with thunderlords

she gets a couple nerfs in 6.1 but korea's playing on 5.24 because of a bug

Oh, I see. Thanks.

It sucks my internet is always weird at this time of the day. I would usually be able to see this at Source, but my internet can only pull medium off right now. :/

Hard

Banned
Good to see Maokai getting some play. He dropped off the competitive scene after the nerfs to his ult cooldown.

cHinzo

NA got 5 shit teams, EU got 6 shit teams lol. For the new teams I'm keeping my eyes on Immortals in NA and Vitality in EU. Both got lots of potential even though Immortals is kinda guaranteed to finish top 3 with their caliber players.

Altec's team looks great too. As does the new H2K.

YomommaZ

What's up with LCS formats in the OP? Weren't they changed to Bo2 in EU and Bo3 in NA or was that not officially confirmed yet?

Anyways LET'S GO Fnatic, CJ Entus and Renegades!!

Edwardo

Since there's been some discrepancy in the past. Do u all want to agree on just using this thread of all competitive league info and updates and everything? Instead of just so there aren't spoilers in the League OT.

Since there's been some discrepancy in the past. Do u all want to agree on just using this thread of all competitive league info and updates and everything? Instead of just so there aren't spoilers in the League OT.
Isn't what we've always done besides some people randomly discussing it in the OT?

In any case, yeah, all competitive League discussion should be here aside from big events that warrant their own threads like Worlds or MSI

Edwardo

Isn't what we've always done besides some people randomly discussing it in the OT?

In any case, yeah, all competitive League discussion should be here aside from big events that warrant their own threads like Worlds or MSI

Nah people always liked talking about roster changes and other stuff in the OT.

Nah people always liked talking about roster changes and other stuff in the OT.
When I say competitive league I mean more the games and standings and not the drama surrounding it - unless it's something in-game.

But sure, I wouldn't mind keeping everything in here.

garath

I like the roster changes and drama in the OT. I understand the desire to avoid spoilers (I'm a VOD watcher myself) but general competitive league happenings generally wouldn't spoil anything.

Top Bottom