• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leaker Nash Weedle has confirmation from a developer about a Switch 2 dev kit update

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
Knowing Nintendo they will use this to push out to 120hz and call ot "modern" and "groundbreaking" instead of making games at a 2023 resolution or scaling to 4k.

IAmRei

I have confirmation from a developer that Switch 2 will be holographic
Also can be used as combat by turning it into hand gun

di9Tb9r.jpg
eTTNbvw.jpg
csDEC2l.jpg

FireFly

FG in FSR is shit, its algorithm is so outdated and useless. Only numbers are higher.
DF seem to think the generated frames are of acceptable quality (barring artifacts inherited from FSR 2.0) and I have seen positive user feedback. If you have an analysis indicating otherwise, please post it.

Kokoloko85

with how many games releasing on PC and PS5/seriesX it feels like i dont need a switch 2 at all. It better have a strong launch lineup or else i have no interest despite begging for a new one for years lol

Nintendo normally deliver with exclusives. Switch has been great.

Launch who knows.
Im guessing Mario Kart, Metroid Prime 4, a new IP like Arms, and probably a party game Ala 1-2 Switch.
3D Mario and Smaller Zelda game/Remaster/Remake comes soon after

THE DUCK

Gonna venture you don't know Nintendo.

Lol, thier last machine is running on low cost 2015 hardware and released in 2017, and the 2 consoles (wii and wii u) were massively underpowered. (Especially the wii u)
They sold portables before switch that that practically had the same gpu and cpu of a calculator for like 10 years. I think it's you who doesn't know Nintendo.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Lol, thier last machine is running on low cost 2015 hardware and released in 2017, and the 2 consoles (wii and wii u) were massively underpowered. (Especially the wii u)
They sold portables before switch that that practically had the same gpu and cpu of a calculator for like 10 years. I think it's you who doesn't know Nintendo.
I meant the part where you think they'll say that 120hrz is groundbreaking or anything. They don't talk about their hardware anymore.

THE DUCK

I meant the part where you think they'll say that 120hrz is groundbreaking or anything. They don't talk about their hardware anymore.

I suppose that's true in general, but they do often focus on the "innovation" or "gimmick". If they don't have a good one for switch to they will reach out for things like 120hz and say how much better they are. Instead of "120hz allows is cutting edge" they might say something like "our new super smooth game flow system enhances gameplay" as if it's something new.

Just like from.the switch 2017 press release:

"Joy-Con controllers have incredible expressive power due to new features such as the IR Motion Camera"

It was used in like 10 games, but there we have it.

Similar bla bla bla about HD rumble......never saw that before in a controller either, lol.

Woopah

Being able to play games with the same graphic quality as PS5, with better Raytracing at a quality of 1080p/60 and on a portable console seems like a very attractive and very strong combination to me. If in docked mode you have Dlss 3.5 then you might even have better image quality than the PS5 in the same game. Maybe I'm exaggerating but they are using an Nvidia chip so it has a lot of advantage in ML and RT
It will punch above its weight, but games on Switch 2 will still look noticeably worse than those on PS5. It will have worse online capabilities too.

It should have pretty good third party support too. But the audience for a lot of third party franchises has been built on Playstation, and they won't change ecosystem easily.
I suppose that's true in general, but they do often focus on the "innovation" or "gimmick". If they don't have a good one for switch to they will reach out for things like 120hz and say how much better they are. Instead of "120hz allows is cutting edge" they might say something like "our new super smooth game flow system enhances gameplay" as if it's something new.

Just like from.the switch 2017 press release:

"Joy-Con controllers have incredible expressive power due to new features such as the IR Motion Camera"

It was used in like 10 games, but there we have it.

Similar bla bla bla about HD rumble......never saw that before in a controller either, lol.
Other companies don't brand it as HD Rumble, but Switch was the first mainstream console to use that tech in a controller no?

THE DUCK

It will punch above its weight, but games on Switch 2 will still look noticeably worse than those on PS5. It will have worse online capabilities too.

It should have pretty good third party support too. But the audience for a lot of third party franchises has been built on Playstation, and they won't change ecosystem easily.

Other companies don't brand it as HD Rumble, but Switch was the first mainstream console to use that tech in a controller no?

It's a vibrating controller, it didn't revolutionize anything, it was a minor enhancement.

THE DUCK

But still an upgrade. Sony also spoke about doing a rumble upgrade when they did something similar with the PS5.

So would 120hz over 60hz, but its a slight of hand, a true upgrade is something like what Sony did, actual force feedback. Just like running at 4k would be a superior upgrade in most ways vs 720p at 120hz. (For the gaming, not as much for handheld mode)

Woopah

So would 120hz over 60hz, but its a slight of hand, a true upgrade is something like what Sony did, actual force feedback. Just like running at 4k would be a superior upgrade in most ways vs 720p at 120hz. (For the gaming, not as much for handheld mode)
Fair enough! I still think they'll prioritise resolution over hz but I guess we'll find out.

Top Bottom