• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Legacy (3DS) coming to North America this Fall

Weebos

Banned
They talked about this on 8-4 Play a while back, glad to see it come here.

If I remember they were pretty positive about it.

Vamphuntr

Something is weird with the "y" from the font they are using.
auMKh5b.png

Thoraxes

Fuck yeah!

Also, everyone be sure to check out the OST by Masashi Hamauzu! It's really lovely, just like all his works! You can purchase a 2-disc version via his international store here for only ¥3,000!

It also looks like a digital version of the album is available on Amazon ($7.99) and iTunes ($15.99).

Support this game and this incredible composer!

2015-05-0218.45.56uluyn.jpg

PsionBolt

Espada

Wow, we're actually getting this?! Awesome news, though now I want to know if this game is worth picking up. I've been itching for a JRPG on the 3DS.

The title of this game sounds like a parody.

As for the game. Another JRPG on a handheld, I probably won't be playing anytime within the next five years.

Highwind

What's NIS America's track record with physical releases in EU?

I know they did it for Persona Q but I'd really want this to be physical if it comes over.

Europe is still a pain in the ass when it comes to JRPGs. I wish we could fucking import ugh.

The game was developed by several ex-Square/SaGa alum and was explicitly marketed on that basis; it's a shameless SaGa-like game.

SaGa is a nut I've never managed to crack. What game would be a good entry-point to ths series? The PS1 Frontiers or the DS remakes of the early games?

Jhoan

For some odd reason it looks like Bravely Default possibly in the character models. I like what I saw so far.

Color me interested since it looks like one of the few 3DS JRPG's in the fall line up. I will definitely be keeping a close eye on this game. Hopefully it doesn't drag on like Bravely Default did.

@MUWANdo

Banned
SaGa is a nut I've never managed to crack. What game would be a good entry-point to ths series? The PS1 Frontiers or the DS remakes of the early games?

SaGa 2 DS (a remake of the Game Boy game that was released internationally as Final Fantasy Legend 2) is probably the most accessible SaGa game, yeah. It wasn't officially released in English, but there's a fan translation online.

As far as games that were officially released in English, the first SaGa Frontier for PSX is the one that most closely resembles Legend of Legacy, I guess. Be prepared to have no idea what's happening for a while (or forever).

Honestly, they're not for everyone and certainly not for anyone sane but I have a soft spot for the series and I get the impression that Legacy is at least a little friendlier and less obtuse than SaGa.

this fall, retail stores and digitally, seven playable explorers, turn-based, several gameplay adjustments

Illustrator – Tomomi Kobayashi (SaGa series)
Composer – Masashi Hamauzu (SaGa, Final Fantasy XIII)
Writer – Masato Kato (Chrono Trigger)
Designer – Kyoji Koizumi (SaGa series)
Director – Masataka Matsuura (999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors)

gou74oJ.gif

Buttons

Oh wow, I loved the SaGa games I wan't this so much. Hope we get a physical EU release for this, would be a definite day one for me. :D

Bitanator

So we have this, PoPoLoCrois: A Story of Seasons Fairytale and Stella Glow coming over, and no Dragon Quest... Oh well these are on my radar

What's NIS America's track record with physical releases in EU?

I know they did it for Persona Q but I'd really want this to be physical if it comes over.

Europe is still a pain in the ass when it comes to JRPGs. I wish we could fucking import ugh.
Will take ages to come out (we are still due Etrian Mystery Dungeon) limited editions are a complete rip-off and the physical versions don't drop in price and they don't believe in doing digital sales on Nintendo platforms for some reason (which is quite annoying considering the Etrian stuff is Atlus and you see those guys on the other side of the pond enjoying $15 games all the time while you're stuck looking at £30)

Atlus USA is never, ever, ever, ever, ever going to include Europe in their game announcements because (barring a rare few exceptions, which are always digital-only) they don't publish in Europe. It's just a fact. I assume it will come out from Europe at some point from a publisher who does release games there, but that will be their announcement, not Atlus USA's.

Why Atlus dosn't love EU, we are even more animu than USA! Just look at france!

j/k

I guess our only hope is Ghostlight...or something.

2018 release then.

Dark_castle

For god's sake, what about the Europe/Australia version? I would import this if the bloody system has no bloody region lock.

Top Bottom