• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legendary gaming sequels

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Last of us 2. No matter where you stand with the game it is definitely legendary :)

Brilliant game
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

fart town usa

Gold Member
Resident Evil 6.

Has there ever been a playable/polished trainwreck of that magnitude? I'll always be in awe of the production values and the absolute shit show that game is.

Lady Jane

Banned
I've always considered Assassin's Creed 2 the golden standard of a sequel. Too bad it was also the peak of the series.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Noticed how all the posts are of old games? Its because this doesnt happen anymore.
I have a lot of faith in Dragon's Dogma 2.

It's the sequel to the director's dream game, who couldn't see his vision realized with the first one since the game got released with not even half of the content that was planned for it.

If he manages to pull it of this time, it might be the best open world RPG ever made.

Majormaxxx

Dune 2 (not really a sequel)

F-15 Strike Eagle 2 (amazing sequel)

Comanche 3

Indiana Jones 4

Forza Horizon 2 on 360 and on Xbox One (different games)

Call of Duty 4

Doom 64

Prince of Persia sands of time (at the time, now not Impressive)

Mass Effect 2

Gears 2

Duke Nukem 2

Gojiira

The very first post should have been MGS1, revolutionised gaming and how its presented, its a legendary sequel by definition.
Secondly MGS2 for obvious reasons and subversive reasons.
Then of course MGS3…Obvious reasons.

Other Legendary sequels, Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2 and 4, Tomb Raider 2, Fallout New Vegas.

Woggleman

GTA III-It changed the landscape of gaming

Street Fighter II-It changed the fighting genre

Red Dead 2-Might be Rockstar's last great single player game

Danknugz

it revolutionized console gaming and is arguably the biggest follow up in gaming history
absolutely. just saying there's a flip side to that coin. it also ushered in an entire standard of playing fps with a controller instead of a mouse. some would call that regressive not revolutionary (yes consoles didn't have kbm but this is more about FPS and gaming in general) my comment was more about the art direction and ingenuity of the game franchise on its own, which there isn't that much of. sure, it got tons of kids into multiplayer on console. it was good for marketing, good for MS and good for kids who didn't have a PC.

A lot of good ones has already been named, but to add some more amazing ones:

Suikoden 2
Metal Gear Solid 2 & 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (many may not agree, but I loved this game)

Mozzarella

Portal 2 is a great sequel
Mass Effect 2
Baldur's Gate 2

I love games like Half Life 2 and Resident Evil 2 for example but both of those games had just as phenomenal first game.

Top Bottom