• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What will be the next Big multiplatform remake?

Camreezie

We've now had Resident Evil 2 and 4, we're in the middle of Final Fantasy 7 and it looks like the big remake projects arent going away any time soon. What do you think the next big budget, big impact Remake project will be?

intbal

On the day the ABK deal was finalized, Bobby Kotick said in his interview that they would remake some of their library.
Don't know if that was just his wish, or if Microsoft indicated to him their intentions.
But it wouldn't surprise me if something from their back catalogue was already in production.

ThisIsMyDog

Dino Crisis

gmIcFRe.png

skit_data

I'm hoping for Batman Arkham Asylum myself
I agree to some extent but when replaying them recently I found that they hold up pretty well. There are some weaknesses but graphically they look pretty damn good still thanks to the art direction. Asylums weakness lies mostly in its lack of variation in the way you approach encounters and its enemies variation (bosses most of all). I could see it benefit from a FF7/Resident Evil type of a remake (which i'd rather call a reimagination, personally) but remaking it in more of a SotC/Demon's Souls way wouldn't suffice really.

mystech

A 3D Chrono Trigger remake would be awesome! Honestly not sure why Square hasn’t done it already because it would guaranteed print money. Just imagine walking through the forest with modern stylized graphics listening to that classic soundtrack remixed with Dolby Atmos.

Another cool one would be Socom. With Microsoft now owning the COD franchise, it would be cool to see what Sony could do with their own military shooter.

Gotta throw FFX in there too after seeing the treatment FF7 got.

Vampire thr masquerade bloodlines. Although I wouldn't have faith in western devs. it would probably be altered and sanitized for "modern audiences" and gaas... So I guess I don't want tit.

Last edited:
Killzone 2 would be great
Shit do the whole trilogy. The first game needs a redo bad, also you can't play any of them on modern systems. Through in Motorstorm and Resistance trilogies and infamous dualology. Non of these games is currently playable and it straight up sucks.

On thing Xbox did right was backwards compatibility.

Last edited:

Fbh

I'd bet money there have at least been some internal meetings at Ubisoft about remaking AC2.
It's still the most iconic game in the franchise, Ezio remains a fan favourite and the Renaissance will always be an appealing setting with tons of well known historical figures.

Top Bottom