• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Star Wars - The Skywalker Saga | Review Mega Thread

Imagine if they did a Mandalorian game (lego style)
Q9aMn93.jpg

Title Screen and I would say this a must buy if you enjoy Star Wars or Lego. Pick it up now or on a price drop. A lot of simple fun that is packed with unlocks and upgrades.

5kQcn0N.jpg

Last edited:

thatdarkeevee

Neo Member
How’s the performance and resolution been on switch? Is it still enjoyable or does it get too bad. I have a series x and I really play mostly on tv but I like the option to play portable so I get any game that is acceptable on switch when possible. The problem I’m seeing is so many contradictions to how this is on switch. Some are saying it has horrible drops even in single player frame rate and extremely blurry. Then others say that is not the case at all and performs and looks great.

Holammer

I'm surprised how the game was available for pre-order on Steam and stayed in the top 3 for a long time.
Usually Lego games on PC just happen, without fanfare and selling piddling amounts.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Do you even know what passive-aggressive means? At no point was I aggressive. And it's YOU'RE welcome, not YOURE!

You're welcome!:messenger_beaming:

I'm well aware of what it means...

"Passive-aggressive behaviors are those that involve acting indirectly aggressive rather than directly aggressive"

You and everyone else knew exactly what the other user meant, but you decided to indirectly be a dick and be a spelling Nazi.

So in keeping with your theme of making sure things are properly punctuated.....

You're still an asshole :messenger_beaming: :messenger_beaming: :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The latest LEGO Star Wars title features all nine Skywalker sage films and delivers an unforgettable experience through the Star Wars galaxy with the biggest roster of LEGO Star Wars characters and vehicles to date. Also, there are new immersive combat mechanics, a vast array of planets to explore, and much more! The game is now available for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 consoles, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

Last edited:

SCB3

Playing through the Phantom Menace part first, I like it, I was a huge fan of the Original Lego SW games so there is plenty of Nostalgia here just from that alone

buenoblue

Playing on pc 4k 60 maxed out. Game is gorgeous. The game is easily the best Lego game and I've played and enjoyed quite a few.

I've turned off auto aim and regenerating health and with the new camera angles and melee combat combos it plays so much better than the old games. Still far to easy mind but like I said really enjoying it.

Looks like a lot of fun. I played the original Lego Star Wars with my then girlfriend, and those Lego games are charming as hell.

Sequel trilogy movies are pure trash though, hopefully the games handle the characters/situations better. (From that one video IbizaPocholo IbizaPocholo posted, seems that way; even the Praetorian Guards in the game are better than the fucking noobs from the movies! 😂)

Dr.brain64

Game is super fun and cute! Playing this on ps5 with 30fps and looks great.
Started with ep1. This is definitely the biggest lego game yet and turning out to be the best one too.

Good job TT!

jigglet

Banned
I fucking loved the idea of these Lego games. The aesthetic, the co-op, the humor. But jesus fucking christ was I bored. It's a button masher in the most primitive sense. One night playing one of the past Lego games I actually nodded off and my GF told me to go to bed if I was that tired lol. I mean they're just dog shit when it comes to gameplay. Have they at least made it fun to play? This is a series I desperately want to see be good.

Last edited:

dan76

I fucking loved the idea of these Lego games. The aesthetic, the co-op, the humor. But jesus fucking christ was I bored. It's a button masher in the most primitive sense. One night playing one of the past Lego games I actually nodded off and my GF told me to go to bed if I was that tired lol. I mean they're just dog shit when it comes to gameplay. Have they at least made it fun to play? This is a series I desperately want to see be good.
I've just finished the Phantom Menace, and to be honest, there's not a lot to it. Like the movie, a lot of the story was walking from one point to another, watch a cutscenes, walk back the the previous point, fast travel and repeat. When there is actual gameplay it's fun - the Pod Race, Darth Maul fight etc. But the stuff TT has chosen to focus on is weird.

I get that the main draw is the free play mode, missions and finding everything, but so far the actual story mode ( for TPM at least) has been underwhelming. Lightsaber combat is still button mashing. The over the shoulder shooting is better, as is the space combat. Turn off auto aim if you want anything like a challenge.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
Remember the other thread where people said it would be a disaster because reviews weren't out precisely when they wanted to read them?
The thread that implies that it is wrong for a company to control the marketing of their product by telling outlets that received free copies of the games to review (make money from) that they want the reviews to be released at a specific time to coincide with other activities they have planned to promote the game. I remember that ignorant, entitled bullshit too.

SCB3

Apparently it was over 85k CCU yesterday on steam.

Super tempted to grab this game as it looks like a chilled/fun time, despite not really being a star wars fan.
Normally I'd say jump in, like Jedi Fallen Order doesn't need you to be a fan, but these games are chock full of references and humor that you'll miss, its the reason I skipped Lego Lord of the Rings, I'm not that big a fan of them to enjoy them as much

ManaByte

Rey, not even a real Skywalker on the top.
You probably aren’t aware of this because YouTube grifters pushing that narrative would never talk about it because it dismantles their primary money making scam, but it was ALWAYS George’s plan to have the sequels focus on an orphan GIRL who becomes a Jedi and finds a family with the Skywalker name to follow a theme of family bonds being stronger than a bloodline.

Why?

What those YouTube grifters are too dense to understand is that George spent twenty years raising three kids that he adopted, two of which were girls (and one went on to work on The Clone Wars).

Rey was called Kira in George’s version, and Daisy Ridley actually filmed some early scenes in TFA as Kira. The name was changed when they found out they couldn’t trademark “Kira”, but resurfaced in Solo as “Qi’ra” could be trademarked.

And those YouTubers screaming that they should’ve kept George’s original sequel trilogy would probably kill themselves when they saw his Episode VII. His version of Episode VII is what became The Last Jedi, but his hermit Luke was even crazier. The concept artists described him as crazy as Colonel Kurtz, it was George’s nod to his “older brother” Coppola and Apcalypse Now.

Salz01

You probably aren’t aware of this because YouTube grifters pushing that narrative would never talk about it because it dismantles their primary money making scam, but it was ALWAYS George’s plan to have the sequels focus on an orphan GIRL who becomes a Jedi and finds a family with the Skywalker name to follow a theme of family bonds being stronger than a bloodline.

Why?

What those YouTube grifters are too dense to understand is that George spent twenty years raising three kids that he adopted, two of which were girls (and one went on to work on The Clone Wars).

Rey was called Kira in George’s version, and Daisy Ridley actually filmed some early scenes in TFA as Kira. The name was changed when they found out they couldn’t trademark “Kira”, but resurfaced in Solo as “Qi’ra” could be trademarked.

And those YouTubers screaming that they should’ve kept George’s original sequel trilogy would probably kill themselves when they saw his Episode VII. His version of Episode VII is what became The Last Jedi, but his hermit Luke was even crazier. The concept artists described him as crazy as Colonel Kurtz, it was George’s nod to his “older brother” Coppola and Apcalypse Now.
That’s all great, except one could argue that Luke and Skywalkers are the tentpole of the franchise. The sequels fumbled this idea about bonds being stronger than bloodline. You really don’t get that, at least I don’t, from watching the sequel movies. It’s especially shoe horned in during the last movie. Rey isn’t the tentpole of this franchise.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Is there a performance mode or graphics mode somewhere that im missing? On PS5 version and the only thing i see to adjust graphics is the HDR settings.

Banned
so, I know they have been inaccurate before, but if the findings here are correct then either TravelersTales have found "THE TOOLS" or they completely botched the PS5 optimisation...

PS5: 60fps @dynamic 1440p (usually ~1368p)
Series X: 60fps @dynamic 2160p (usually ~1872p)

and apparently the PS5 version has worse performance with tearing in large areas.

I am really not sure if they didn't mix up some numbers here while testing, maybe mixing up screenshots they pixelcounted or something... but like, damn, if true

(and yes they are native apps not back compat)

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
I've just finished the Phantom Menace, and to be honest, there's not a lot to it. Like the movie, a lot of the story was walking from one point to another, watch a cutscenes, walk back the the previous point, fast travel and repeat. When there is actual gameplay it's fun - the Pod Race, Darth Maul fight etc. But the stuff TT has chosen to focus on is weird.

I get that the main draw is the free play mode, missions and finding everything, but so far the actual story mode ( for TPM at least) has been underwhelming. Lightsaber combat is still button mashing. The over the shoulder shooting is better, as is the space combat. Turn off auto aim if you want anything like a challenge.

Starting from Ep 1 myself and this entirely sums up how i feel so far. Story mode (at least for Ep 1) just seems like walk from one end to the other, do a few battles here and there, advance the story, repeat.

I can see how free play mode will be great to really find all the extras that are packed in the levels though.

Game crashed on me once so far, the first time i followed Jar Jar to the waters edge to go underwater. Instead of the scene starting, it faded to black and then nothing. Had to close the game and restart it, and then it was fine.

ManaByte

so, I know they have been inaccurate before, but if the findings here are correct then either TravelersTales have found "THE TOOLS" or they completely botched the PS5 optimisation...

PS5: 60fps @dynamic 1440p (usually ~1368p)
Series X: 60fps @dynamic 2160p (usually ~1872p)

and apparently the PS5 version has worse performance with tearing in large areas.

I am really not sure if they didn't mix up some numbers here while testing, maybe mixing up screenshots they pixelcounted or something... but like, damn, if true

(and yes they are native apps not back compat)

Banned source. His comparisons are always messed up like that. He uses outdated tools and doesn’t get accurate results.

AJUMP23

Gold Member

Why?

I'm not really talking about Youtube Grifters or any of their opinions. Mine are my own. Rey is fine as a character, but I think they dropped the ball with her backstory in the final film. Daisy herself said, JJ went back and forth during production about her backstory before finally settling on her being the granddaughter of Palpatine. Which isn't a bad idea....but bringing Palpatine back is a bad idea. Rey could have been an orphan force sensitive and adopted by Leia or Luke and all of that would have been fine. But that didn't happen. Even a line from Luke or Leia saying you are like a daughter to me, might have been more relevant. Personally I think having Ben Solo live and Rey live and actually work to continue Luke's goals would have been a powerful image. Maybe they form the Skywalker Jedi Academy or something like that. Then you see the orphan boy from the broom scene in the Last Jedi showing up for training.

Top Bottom