• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters
1bPo8qS.png

LMAO

LOLCats

Banned
Bestbuy be like

Sorry, we're having a system issue, but it should only be temporary.
Please wait a little while before trying again.

i be like,
is it 2005?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I am fucking PISSED right now. I had everything ready to go on Target, Best Buy and Microsoft Store and could not get one ordered. I only wanted one and I see all these posts of fucktards getting multiple to go through.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
potentially dumb question but...

I have a PC with a 2070 Super. Is that on par with the Series X or less powerful?

Tbone3336

Gold Member
I was able to just now order an S through my Xbox One console on the store. Went through amazingly easily compared to refreshing BB and Amazon and Microsoft online.

sixamp

does your ps5 preorder from amazon show preordered or not yet shipped? my demon souls and xbox says preordered but the ps5 shows not yet shipped

M.W.

I get to the "select store for pickup" section but it won't let me choose a store...

Edit: They removed it from my cart, now sold out. Fuck you Best Buy.

Last edited:

saintjules

Store protection or the manufacturer extended warranty? I got both ps5 and xbox ordered through walmart. not sure if I should wait to get the console and extend the warranty at that point?

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I got all the way through to Place Order at Best Buy. Finally that went through, but instead of of showing a confirmation page, I was kicked to main page and system was removed from cart. Thought that meant it went through, but no sign of confirmation anywhere.

Edit: yeah, Best Buy didn't go through. Honesty, this is solidifying PS5 as my entry into next gen. What a cluster. Maybe it's for the best, since Demon's Souls is the most compelling launch game on either platform for me.

Last edited:

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Last edited:

dave_d

I hope there is a shit ton available and the low-life scalpers end up having to sell at a loss.
Probably not though. My guess on how this works (I'm no expert) is use bots to pre-order a ton. Sell on ebay and when someone buys it just change the shipping address. Then around a week or so before release cancel any orders that haven't been flipped. Minimal effort on the side of the scalper for a decent return and no risk of being stuck with anything. Of course the stores that suddenly find a ton of cancelled pre-orders aren't going to be happy which hopefully means incentive for them to fight bots all the more.

dolabla

It's now saying at Best Buy:

Microsoft - Xbox Ser... is no longer available for shipping.
Sorry about that! You still might be able to get it if you check nearby stores for availability.

Try to switch to store pick up, and nada

AGRacing

If you received an error in the final step at ebgames Canada - look at your account again. It may have gone through.

I got one.

NullZ3r0

Banned
By time the Xbox All access site started working, everything was sold out. Was going to do the SX AA and buy an SS outright for the wife and kid.

Looks like their sold out now,what sucks is even if you have it in your cart it doest hold it for you.
Well that's it then. I haven't stopped trying because I can see the Xbox series X in my cart and I thought they held it for you if the order was in your cart. It's official, I missed out even though I was trying to get one since 11am. SMH.

njean777

well I failed on every front, was ready at 10 and amazons delay and Best Buy’s screwed me over. I missed amazons cuz I had to drive to work and Best Buy’s was a joke and deleted it out of my cart. My sister was literally number 7 in line at GameStop and they only got 6 consoles. I got a ps5 though so I’ll just play that until I can find a series x in store I am not going to play this game of pre orders and all the bots taking everything

MarkMe2525

THAT was a complete disaster, managed to snag one at Amazon at the last second but wow.

Shit on Sony and then come out and DO IT WORSE. Amazing...
Yeah, maybe Microsoft should purchase Amazon Best buy and Target. /s That would be the only way they could be in control of those companies pre-order process. I logged into microsoftstore.com at 10:03. Got mine no problem.

Last edited:
Top Bottom