• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's get ready to preorder! Xbox series

Which box

• Total voters

GloveSlap

Finally received my Amazon order confirmation email after 4+ hours. So I guess no cancellation incoming :pie_thinking:
It seems like Amazon are pro-actively sending warning emails out with all new gen system preorders. I guess they just want to head off any potential complaints and fulfillment issues ahead of time.

DoomGyver

I get the feeling Best Buy is only putting up a small percentage of their allocated amount at a time. Spreading them out over a 24 hour period. For example 5% of their projected launch inventory per hour.

I wonder if Microsoft regrets that snarky tweet reassuring it's customers that XBOX preorders would go more smoothly than Sony's.

At this point they were both a clusterfuck. Honestly I am dumb for waiting outside a GameStop for three hours but at least I know I secured one versus the stress of online ordering.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I wonder if Microsoft regrets that snarky tweet reassuring it's customers that XBOX preorders would go more smoothly than Sony's.

everyone selling out with in mins might be considered smoother then random drops over a day and a half

wish Sony and MS would do the Apple thing and just let you get an order in with a floating release date. Don’t really care about day one stuff but if I could put in an order for a digital ps5 and just wait I would do it.

Last edited:

semicool

Banned
It definitely wasn't easy to get one this morning. It kind of felt like I was fixing a computer problem or finding workarounds for such.

Last edited:

Xenon

Considering many never even knew the PS5 were on sale until it was too late, I'd say it was better. Atleast more people had a shot.

Tiamat2san

I was messing around the new interface in the store on xbox one.
it seems you can pre-order series X, series S directly from your console.

If it can help someone.

edit: never mind , out of stock too now. (France)

Last edited:
I keep getting this:

Due to high demand, this item hasn't been added to your cart. Please wait a few minutes before trying again.

Switch from your Phone to your Laptop, or laptop to Phone! It did this to me for 3 hours on my Phone, i went on my “All in One” home computer and it went through my 2nd Try! Not sure why, maybe it thought i was a BOT trying so many times on my phone???

Switch from your Phone to your Laptop, or laptop to Phone! It did this to me for 3 hours on my Phone, i went on my “All in One” home computer and it went through my 2nd Try! Not sure why, maybe it thought i was a BOT trying so many times on my phone???

Always seems to be different allocations for mobile and desktop

Reave

Gah. No luck, but thanks for the tip anyway!

Max_Po

Banned
So were people able to pre order ?

I am in Canada, I am planning to wait but I was checking various websites... seems a bit messed up.

DjMystix

Welp! it has been a pretty stressful week but I'm glad I got at least the effing pre-orders sorted out. yay!! :messenger_beaming:

Congrats to everyone who got their pre-orders in and all the best to those who are still looking.

Ilb5MjJ.png

Last edited:
Yea, Best buy is either messing with the Scelpers or they decided to purposely send out like 5 different waves so everyone gets a shot at these. My brother didn’t get a PS5 on Best Buy until 2am, and everyone thought they were sold out around 10pm the nite before. Keep trying guys, there are due to be more incoming.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This is actually a really smart Idea but I think both Sony and MS want these consoles to appear sold out to drum up more hype and demand.

Maybe covid impacted their ability to produce more consoles..... who knows, but today was a complete mess. Hopeful more pre-orders opens up so people can avoid resellers.
They would be 100% sold out like they are now. But they could have done those pre-orders in hourly or daily increments. Certain ones start at 7am, then 7:30 and then at like 10, they open to everyone.

Go with your gut. I think the question is do you like gamepass? Gamepass saved me from switching, mainly after yesterday's announcement. I like Bethesda and Machine games, so knowing their games will be day 1 gamepass sealed the deal.

The problem is the suspiscious quality of the games behind a paywall like that and MS keep making low budget games as the next big thing.

I am excited for Séries X but Im not sure is the one that Will offer quality AAA exclusives.

Im not confident about SX perfomance as well. Seems like devs are facing problema, RT coming late on patchs😬

Bungie

Got one from Best Buy & they seemed to have charged me fully. Was told that wasn't the case, not a big deal but I just wanted to keep my options opened incase the microsoft store opens up since I have credit on there.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Got one from Best Buy & they seemed to have charged me fully. Was told that wasn't the case, not a big deal but I just wanted to keep my options opened incase the microsoft store opens up since I have credit on there.

Could just be the $ hold which should fall off after a few days or so.

LOLCats

Banned
its an authorization. should fall off in a few days, standard procedure for most major retailers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom