• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQ community trying to cancel Jodie Comer, because she might have a boyfriend irl & upset she’s not actually a lesbian

GV82

That and her boyfriend may or may not be a Trump supporter who allegedly posted homophobic/racist Tweets, the issue is they raced to cancel her and they don’t even know if she is actually dating him or not or if he is even the same guy, just because he has the same name.

Personally I don’t like Trump, but as a Brit he’s not my president but besides who says you can’t date/marry someone with opposing political views? for fucks sakes.

When I looked up why she was being cancelled.

While she is yet to comment on these rumors surrounding her love life, Twitter users have cited that she’s reportedly in a relationship a Trump supporter named James Burke.

“It appears she’s probably dating some guy called James Burke. A guy called James Burke is also a republican who has made some racist and homophobic comments; and they might be the same person so Jodie Comer is now cancelled.” wrote an angry user.

I took some screenshots rather than post Twitter links a) so they don’t delete them so you can’t see them b) some people don’t have Twitter/have access to Twitter.

3z0gzr4.jpg

At least there is one sensible person there

qFPsWIq.jpg

Other posts from the lgbtq Twitter show they are now mad that she’s not actually a Lesbian irl.

For those that don’t know Jodie Comer is a Emmy winning British Actress who plays Lesbian psychopathic assassin Villanelle on the BBC America TV show Killing Eve and is in the upcoming Ryan Reynolds videogame themed movie Free Guy.

jxYAebM.jpg

TheWisp

"It's not only wrong BUT DISGUSTING!!!"

tenor.gif

I love the way these people talk about stuff.

And from what I got, they don't even know if she is dating the same James Burke or at all??

Birdo

Banned
When Brie Larson announced her Youtube video. LGBT Twitter started calling her homophobic because the announcement wasn't her being gay.

I'm not joking or cherry picking, I watched it unfold as it happened.

I'm shocked that it wasn't picked up by the usual anti SJW outlets.

royox

Wait wait...so they are cancelling her because in some movie/series the character she plays is a lesbian but she's not a lesbo IRL??? I'm getting this right? At this point it cannot get more retarded, right?? RIGHT?

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
*performative
Yeah no okay nope.

The adjective seems like a meaningless purity test / No True Scotsman fallacy i.e. "your activism isn't good enough for The Righteous Cause". If there is some substance to it I'd love to know. Activism itself is performative and done for the sake of rallying opinions. So "performance / performative activism" is redundant doublespeak.

Kinda like how these cultists refer to someone as an "ally" up until they suddenly aren't an "ally", which dilutes the two-way meaning of the word "ally".

Skyfox

I genuinely appreciate the screenshots. I hate twitter collecting any metrics from me.

Someone needs to pull the plug on twitter. We could do it the same way india did with Tik Tok. Just remove it from the apple and android stores.

There are laws about publications inciting trouble. Twitter needs to go. It offers no benefits whatsoever.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Now her posts on BLM look like performative activism”

LOL these people really have no clue do they? All activisism is performative you dumb bitch.

It really is a religion to these nuts. Even if you do and say the right things you can be cast out as a heretic because you do not “really” “believe”.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Is she really getting canceled or is this just one or two people getting riled up?
How would you even know? This stuff seems totally arbitrary in whether or not it gets into the "real" news cycle or generates action against the victim. Do they want her to apologize, dump the boyfriend, quit/get fired, kill herself? Who knows?????

But you know who we almost NEVER hear about? Folks that stay the fuck off Twitter!!! Why any celebrity is committing slow but inevitable career seppuku by dropping twitter landmines that will, in time, be used against them is beyond me. Get the fuck off that platform and go back to PR curated platforms that keep you from making an ass of yourself!

lock2k

Banned
Motherfuckers do not understand the whole point of acting which is PRETENDING. lmfao

Fucking idiots.

lock2k

Banned
That and her boyfriend may or may not be a Trump supporter who allegedly posted homophobic/racist Tweets, the issue is they raced to cancel her and they don’t even know if she is actually dating him or not or if he is even the same guy, just because he has the same name.

Personally I don’t like Trump, but as a Brit he’s not my president but besides who says you can’t date/marry someone with opposing political views? for fucks sakes.

When I looked up why she was being cancelled.

I took some screenshots rather than post Twitter links a) so they don’t delete them so you can’t see them b) some people don’t have Twitter/have access to Twitter.

3z0gzr4.jpg

At least there is one sensible person there

qFPsWIq.jpg

Other posts from the lgbtq Twitter show they are now mad that she’s not actually a Lesbian irl.

For those that don’t know Jodie Comer is a Emmy winning British Actress who plays Lesbian psychopathic assassin Villanelle on the BBC America TV show Killing Eve and is in the upcoming Ryan Reynolds videogame themed movie Free Guy.

jxYAebM.jpg
Another question....

Why blur the names of the idiots? They are exposing themselves anyway.

Top Bottom