• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life is Strange: Double Exposure - Announce Trailer | Releases October 29 on XBS, PS5, PC | Also coming to Switch at a later date

We’re excited to reveal Life is Strange: Double Exposure - coming to Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC, via Windows Store and Steam, on October 29, 2024, and also coming to Nintendo Switch with more details to follow.

This brand-new supernatural murder mystery adventure sees budding photographer Max Caulfield embroiled in a gripping thriller across two timelines.

If you’re a Life is Strange aficionado, you’ll no doubt recognize the name - Max is the fan-favorite protagonist of the original game. New players need not worry though, because Life is Strange: Double Exposure is a fully standalone experience that requires no knowledge of prior games to enjoy.

You can get a tease of what to expect in the new trailer. Take a look:

See extended gameplay and learn more about Max's new adventure, with information from Hannah Telle (Max Caulfield) and the Game and Narrative Directors from Deck Nine Games!

What’s Life is Strange: Double Exposure about?​

Max Caulfield, now photographer-in-residence at the prestigious Caledon University, discovers her closest new friend, Safi, dead in the snow.

Murdered.

To save her, Max tries to Rewind time - a power she possesses but has not used in years. But instead of reversing events, it opens the way to a parallel timeline where Safi is still alive, and still in danger!

Max realizes that the killer will strike again soon, in both versions of reality.

It’s up to Max to shift between the two parallel timelines to both solve and prevent her friend’s murder. But with a relentless detective on her back, and the killer growing closer with every clue uncovered, can Max survive long enough to do the impossible?​

When can you learn more?​

A tantalizing mystery, yes? If you’re eager to learn more, we’ll be holding a special livestream on June 13 at 9am PT /5pm BST / 6pm CET.​

How do you get Life is Strange: Double Exposure?​

Life is Strange: Double Exposure releases October 29, 2024, for Xbox Series X|S, PS5 and PC via Windows Store and Steam, and is available to preorder from tomorrow on these platforms.

Three Editions are available, Standard, Deluxe, and Ultimate, with some awesome bonuses, including additional Outfit Packs for Max (including some based on FINAL FANTASY VII!). Best of all, by pre-ordering the Ultimate Edition, you can get advanced access to Chapters 1 and 2 - two weeks ahead of the release of the full game!

There’s also a SE Store-exclusive Collector’s Edition, that can be purchased separately, or alongside whichever Edition you prefer. With a limited edition 12” vinyl soundtrack from the game at its core, it’s the perfect bonus for any fan.

Here’s what’s available:

Lis_DoubleExposure_Beauty_ESRB-p7t59d7wj.jpg

Life is Strange: Double Exposure Ultimate Edition​

Available digitally, this edition includes five outfit packs for Max and exclusive cat content! Yes, that’s as adorably awesome as it sounds.

It also gives advanced access to Chapters 1 and 2, two weeks ahead of the release of the full game. Here’s what’s included:
  • The full game
  • Spooky Outfit Pack - Just Haunt It! coat and indoor outfits Maxidermy, Ragdoll Max, Max Ghoulfield, and Max O’Lantern.​
  • Decades Outfit Pack - 90s Grunge coat and indoor outfits 50s Rockabilly, 70s Flower Power, 80s Mallrat, 60s Psychedelia.​
  • FINAL FANTASY VII Outfit Pack - Moogle coat and indoor outfits Chocobo, Cactuar, Bomb, and Tonberry.​
  • Fan Favorite Outfit Pack - Hawt Dawg Man coat and indoor outfits Free Bird, Classic Doe, Wolf Squad, and Misfit Skull.​
  • Paw Prints Cat Outfit Pack - Leopard Print Camo coat and indoor outfits Awesome Pawsome, Peek Purple, Feline Fine, and Hang In There.​
  • Exclusive Cat Content - When Max discovers a lost cat, she knows she must reunite it with its owner! This adorable task runs throughout the game, adding tons of feline fun to the mystery.​

Life is Strange: Double Exposure Deluxe Edition​

Available digitally, this edition gives you two extra Outfit Packs for Max, with 10 exclusive designs. It includes:
  • The full game
  • Spooky Outfit Pack - Just Haunt It! coat and indoor outfits Maxidermy, Ragdoll Max, Max Ghoulfield, and Max O’Lantern.​
  • Decades Outfit Pack - 90s Grunge coat and indoor outfits 50s Rockabilly, 70s Flower Power, 80s Mallrat, 60s Psychedelia.​

Life is Strange: Double Exposure (standard edition)​

Available digitally and physically, this edition includes:
  • The full game

Life is Strange: Double Exposure Collector’s Edition (SE Store Exclusive)​

Available exclusively from the Square Enix Store, the Collector’s Edition is full of awesome Life is Strange goodies - your perfect accompaniment to your journey through Caledon University.

This does not contain the game, so purchase it alongside a digital or boxed version of the game.
  • Collector’s Edition Box​
  • 12” Vinyl Soundtrack with 13 songs from the game​
  • 32pp Mini Hardcover Artbook with exclusive concept art​
  • 4 Double-Sided 12” Artcards​
  • Max’s Owl Pin Replica​
GPtngGZWAAAIqR2

ss_815a7415625cde172ced6e935494e66b94bf6598.1920x1080.jpg

ss_e2660c26ba5ec39d6b3ca21b6c111f925a7d8d5d.1920x1080.jpg

ss_3356d63bf2b2fa2306a43e6a0553908e17732db8.1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Man this was an awesome surprise!

I’ve only played the first game and Before the Storm. Do I need to play the others before this one? Was Max in the other LiS games?

Last edited:

StereoVsn

This looks AMAZING!

And the return of Max, one of the most loved gaming characters of the past ten years.

Before the Storm and True Colors were great, I completely trust Deck Nine with this after those two.
Oh wait, this isn’t the original Dev? BtS was ok, but wasn’t a fan of True Colors.

Going to wait for a deep sale then.

april6e

I'm hyperventilating. I have been waiting for this moment since 2015. The first game was incredible but the studio has refused to do a direct sequel and kept releasing mid sequels with random characters nobody wanted. We finally are getting the continuation of Max (and hopefully Chloe) that I've been waiting for and it's been too long.

Last edited:

rkofan87

Gold Member
I'm hyperventilating. I have been waiting for this moment since 2015. The first game was incredible but the studio has refused to do a direct sequel and kept releasing mid sequels with random characters nobody wanted. We finally are getting the continuation of Max (and hopefully Chloe) that I've been waiting for and it's been too long.
me as well love max so dam much i did like alex from 3 as well

Top Bottom