• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth gets 50-minute gameplay

Draugoth

Gold Member
SEGA's official YouTube channel brought the company's community and brand managers to play Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth. The two enjoyed the game for 50 minutes, showing off more of its combat, exploration and mini games.

Watch Sega Community Manager Carlos & Sr. Brand Manager Brent play over 50 minutes of Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth & check out some community fan art and cosplay! Plus, hang around for details on how to enter an awesome giveaway. Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth launches January 26, 2024.

Pre-order it now and get the Hero's Booster Pack & Special Job Set:

StueyDuck

That was the reason I liked Like A Dragon as much. I welcome it.
I mean after 6 (plus spinoffs) games doing the exact same gameplay, It's welcoming for it to shake things up.

Plus we have the man who killed his name spinoff which I believe is old school style?

And even then lost judgement or judge eyes or what ever the naming convention is has kind of run with the brawler angle now.

Isa

Don't forget, the Man Who Erased His Name next month will include a demo for Infinite Wealth.
I'll be there Day 1 for this. I read a comment in the stream that the demo is accessed after beating The Man Who Erased His Name, but can anyone confirm? I mean I guess it'd be a cool reward.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
That was the reason I liked Like A Dragon as much. I welcome it.
Same, never cared about the series before Like A Dragon.

Like A Dragon still had a lot of issues, though.
Mostly the game being easy as fuck, you had all of those nice abilities in turn-based mode, but didn't need to think about anything.
You could just always attack with the default attack and not play completely braindead and you'd win every fight 1st try anyway.

I truly hope this game will ramp up the difficulty so there's actually a point to using different abilities.

Thief1987

Mostly the game being easy as fuck, you had all of those nice abilities in turn-based mode, but didn't need to think about anything.
You could just always attack with the default attack and not play completely braindead and you'd win every fight 1st try anyway.

I truly hope this game will ramp up the difficulty so there's actually a point to using different abilities.
Until you hit deliberate grind wall.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
Until you hit deliberate grind wall.
Maybe. I didn't play all the way through it.
The total lack of challenge and the inane dungeons with pre-2000s design and endless filler fights eventually wore me down.

I wouldn't be surprised, though, that a game like that would suddenly do a 180° and instead of being way too easy goes "grind for a few hours to enter, mhkay?" :LOL:

Well, one can only hope this one improves upon the formula.

Last edited:

Labadal

I'll be there Day 1 for this. I read a comment in the stream that the demo is accessed after beating The Man Who Erased His Name, but can anyone confirm? I mean I guess it'd be a cool reward.
They said so in the stream. Beat TMWEHN, and then you get access to the Infinite Wealth demo.

I watched the stream, and it seem like more of the previous game, plus new min games, and more jobs.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Isa

NT80

It's easy even on hard mode? I remember the first 2 yakuza games on PS2 being quite hard on normal then the series got much easier.

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
It's easy even on hard mode? I remember the first 2 yakuza games on PS2 being quite hard on normal then the series got much easier.
I always put games on hard mode, so 99% sure, yes.
At one point, I distinctly remember thinking "am I overthinking my attacks here?" and just switching to basic attacks everywhere and I still won every fight.

I don't need every fight to be a tailor made challenges like they are meant to be in D:OS2 or BG3, but I don't want even boss fights to be pushovers, either.
Quite likely not the kind of game that people generally play for a challenge, but I play most games at least partly for that, so for me that's just a downside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom