• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Caesars testing self-service pick-up "Pizza Portal" that works via mobile app

I would be surprised if even 20% of the client base adopt the new system. Most people will just want to walk in and pay like regular.

or they can just enforce it and make people adapt. I wouldnt be surpised as Ive seen other companies do similar things. (of forcing thier customers to adapt to their new way of business).

A 3-digit PIN?

That doesn't sound very secure.

bums at little ceasers just inputting random codes

border

This isn't full automation, I'm not saying it is, but that poster is referring to the additional people who will be hired for this transition and then let go. And when this is widespread and standard, they absolutely will have the benefit of needing less staff at once, at least during their busy periods.

Other than the dude they're hiring to install these customer-facing warming ovens, I don't see why need they need to hire anyone for this transition.

The person that runs the register/phone in a take-out pizza place is, by and large, just someone from the kitchen that has to stop tossing dough or topping pizzas to help customers. There's no static register person that loses their job or their hours over this. Customer service has been coming at the cost of production speed for years, so this is more like a little streamlining to help the kitchen run more smoothly. And even then it won't help all that much since most people won't pay in advance or use the web/mobile app.

This kinda makes sense for them. They literally just have a hot and ready oven with individual slots of old *cough* and new ready to sell pies. I remember in college they would have only like 2 people working at a time whenever I went. One would make the hot and ready's/breadsticks and the other would just work the front mostly and cash out people for the pizza.

Looks good, I hope it continues to force competitors to keep prices low.

I'd rather the app let me know when they expect the pizza to be ready so I can pick it up right after it's made, rather than driving over while it sits for 10-15 minutes.

LC pizza is not good and I don't expect that to change but I'd be down for some freshly-made crazy bread or ICB every now and then.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Nice! I hate getting there and there's only one employee baking, taking orders, and doing everything else. This should let them focus on making pizza, and eliminating the waiting at the front.

3gf7znu.gif

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Why... how understaffed are you that you have lines for pizza pickup.

Very, they pay as little as they can get away with, and less than that.
Then they wonder why they can't find any workers, let alone good workers.

h1nch

The last time I had little Caesars was when I was about 10 yrs old.

10 yr old me enjoyed it but had severely lower standards for food. How does LC compare to Pizza Hut / Dominos?

10 yr old me enjoyed it but had severely lower standards for food. How does LC compare to Pizza Hut / Dominos?

More in line with Pizza Hut than Dominos, but far worse, in my experience. Dom's is great though.

holtlegna

Banned
This is perfect for me. I usually have to order 20 pizzas and they never tend to have that many so they make me wait like 20-30 mins

starmud

even low to medium volume little ceasers are misery hot boxes during hot n ready peaks... they may help a ton during lunch/dinner rush.

i dont really see this as a replacement for staff, you'd still need a front end cashier (most stores typically only have one at a time, two for dinner or keep their store leads as cahsier). back end wouldn't change at all...

Fox Mulder

Little Caesars is fine for the $5 cost. Obviously Pizza Hut and Domino's are a tier above.

Chris1

A 3-digit PIN?

That doesn't sound very secure.

To be fair you'd have to be extremely lucky to get a free pizza without raising suspicion with the staff there, if the staff saw you entering a ton of pins and not getting your pizza they'd come out and wonder what's up, you would probably be lucky to enter 10/999 possible combinations

In this situation I don't think a 3 digit pin is too bad, it's not like they'd be able to enter all 999 combinations but I do agree there should be a little more security to it (like having to include last name aswell)

Layell

Don't see a terrible need for this when it looks like it just has pizza options, what if I want some breadsticks?

ryan13ts

It's not an awful idea, although I still don't see the point of it since you're going into the store anyways so it's not like it's cutting out that much more hassle. There's also that little problem that Little Caesar's pizza is absolutely disgusting. It's nothing more than bread, cheese, and sauce fucking drenched in a bucket of oil. I tried it one time, took one bite and nearly hurled. It went straight to the garbage.

Funny true story; When I bought that pizza, I was living out in an area that was near the country and there was a cute racooon we'd see in our yard sometimes that we'd feed occasionally. I went to throw the pizza (It was still warm!) and some garbage away and tried feed a piece of it to him. He sniffed it, looked at me like I just served him shit, and refused to touch it. That racoon never turned down ANYTHING, so that should tell you something.

Top Bottom