• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live A Live |OT| Live O'Clock

R6Rider

Gold Member

-Live A Live NeoGAF OT-
hero.jpg

OT-Intro.jpg

OT-Info.jpg

OT-Heroes.jpg

OT-4.jpg

SCREENSHOTS​

screenshot01.png
screenshot02.png

screenshot03.png
screenshot04.png

screenshot05.jpg
screenshot06.png

OTHER MEDIA

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Great OT!

I've been really looking forward to this remake ever since it was announced.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Great OT!

I've been really looking forward to this remake ever since it was announced.
Thanks. Made it pretty quick, but it turned out good.

I hadn't even heard of the game before it was shown on a Nintendo Direct. Looked interesting to me and tried the demo which sold me on it.

My copy should arrive today!

Pejo

Yeah, one of those older titles that Square Enix brings to the Switch only and often in HD-2D.
Nice OT btw, this looks really good. I'm torn though, it looks like a game that's gonna come to Steam in 6+ months. I'm so glad they're doing more with the Octopath/Triangle Strategy engine.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah, one of those older titles that Square Enix brings to the Switch only and often in HD-2D.
Wish they keep doing this, there are some lesser known JRPGs from the SNES that I still have to play and would love to do so in this HD-2D format.

Treasure of the Rudras next, pretty please.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I’d be all over this if not for XB3 next week. It will have to wait until that’s done.
This game is comparatively shorter than Xenoblade 3 though. Assuming it keeps pretty closely to the SNES version (the demo indicated it more or less would) then this one should take about 20-25 hours to finish depending on your reading speed. If you played the demo and carry your progress forward that should shave about 2-3 hours off even that.

Personally I was planning on playing this game this weekend and having it wrapped up in time for Xenoblade 3 next Friday. Now it looks like my copy won't arrive until Monday, so I might be right there with you in having to shelve this for later.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had to pick XC or LaL and I went with XC. I wish I would have saved more this month. I haven’t finished the demo, but I’m looking forward to it. The narrated dialogue is a huge plus.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I had to pick XC or LaL and I went with XC. I wish I would have saved more this month. I haven’t finished the demo, but I’m looking forward to it. The narrated dialogue is a huge plus.
Right? I love when JRPGs do it, specially if they have a toggle option to let the dialogue advance automatically whenever a phrase ends. And this game has it!

Makes it even more comfy, wish every modern JRPG would do it.

Andyliini

Yep, it's the same for me.

Thanks, Amazon.
MlHI7Fh.gif
I had this problem in the past before, so I decided to just go to a local supermarket on the launch day amd pick the game up. Of course they don't always carry the games I want, but most of time they do. Thankfully they had Live A Live yesterday.

Jennings

This is such an old game, do the combat mechanics hold up to today's standards without feeling rudimentary? Can it hold a modern player's interest if they want more than a nostalgia trip to the games if yesteryear?

Labadal

This is such an old game, do the combat mechanics hold up to today's standards without feeling rudimentary? Can it hold a modern player's interest if they want more than a nostalgia trip to the games if yesteryear?
Try out the demo, and judge for yourself.

DZ_b_EZ

That's so sad. I preordered on Amazon as soon as they went live after they announced the game, chose free shipping (5-8 day delivery), and received it on launch day by noon.
If You Say So Shrug GIF

Andyliini

Beat the Imperial China chapter and began Shinobi chapter afterwards. I enjoyed China, though the poay area was quite small, and it was almost exclusively battle after battle. The story was good, but the boss was quite easy.

As for the Shinobi, this is by far the most challenging chapter so far, no wonder I didn't do well when I played it during the demo. If you are planning to play the game, don't play this first.

By the way
Has anyone managed to quit the job and escape successfully? If you try to leave the area where you first arrive, the game gives you a choice to abandon the mission.

It seems to give you an ending if you manage to do it, but I was too weak. What does happen if you win the battle?

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
That's so sad. I preordered on Amazon as soon as they went live after they announced the game, chose free shipping (5-8 day delivery), and received it on launch day by noon.
If You Say So Shrug GIF
Some games on Amazon say 'release day delivery'. This was one of them. So is Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Usually it only ships on release day, and comes a couple days later.

jshackles

Some games on Amazon say 'release day delivery'. This was one of them. So is Xenoblade Chronicles 3. Usually it only ships on release day, and comes a couple days later.
Or in my case, I preordered as soon as it went live - and it shipped on Thursday, and now won't arrive until next Wednesday.

• Empathy
Reactions: Isa
Looks fantastic, don't know why Square keeps confining stuff like this and Triangle Strategy to the Switch, would buy it day 1 if it ever comes to PlayStation.

People complain about Nintendo lacks 3rd party support, then Nintendo does get 3rd party games people complain why it’s exclusive to Switch.
200.gif

1. I couldn't care less about Nintendo getting 3rd party support.

2. Nintendo can continue to get these games but Square can make them available on other platforms, this isn't hard to understand.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
1. I couldn't care less about Nintendo getting 3rd party support.

2. Nintendo can continue to get these games but Square can make them available on other platforms, this isn't hard to understand.
Same way SE make some game exclusive to Playstation, they also make one for Nintendo systems as well.

But you never know it might come to Playstation at some point, but then again Octopath Traveler never made it Playstation but it did came out on Xbox.

Same way SE make some game exclusive to Playstation, they also make one for Nintendo systems as well.

But you never know it might come to Playstation at some point, but then again Octopath Traveler never made it Playstation but it did came out on Xbox.

The difference is PlayStation can run these games flawlessly. FFVIIR or FFXVI literally wouldn't "work" on Switch, there's a big difference. Otherwise I'm all for Switch getting these games too 👍

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The difference is PlayStation can run these games flawlessly. FFVIIR or FFXVI literally wouldn't "work" on Switch, there's a big difference. Otherwise I'm all for Switch getting these games too 👍
For me it my big reason why own both Playstation and Nintendo systems, that way I wont miss out on most of Japanese games.

To lot of people Switch is nothing more Zelda or Mario system and I enjoy those games but my biggest reason owning Nintendo systems because time to time they get JRPG or other Japanese games that Playstation doesn't get.
Especially these day when Sony completely abandoned first party Japanese games this gen.

jshackles

Odd. The only this i can think of is that you are not near a hub. But even then Fri-Wed seems excessively long. Monday at the latest.
I'm on the West Coast, so I guess I just figured it was another supply-chain-looting instance. My wife had some stuff she also ordered from Amazon that also shipped Thursday and similarly won't arrive until later this week. Amazon seems to think the parcel has "arrived at an unknown location", which I think means lost. They say that if they don't get further information from UPS by Monday it sounds like they're going to re-ship, so I assume that's why they have a Wednesday estimate now.

I checked my local Walmart to see if they had the game in stock (so I'd just return the Amazon copy when it eventually shows up) but no luck there. Also tried my local grocery store, since they keep a small selection of games, but also no dice.

I wish I wasn't so insistent on physical copies of my Switch games, because that eShop purchase is looking really good. I've got 5 people in my household with Switches though, and if someone else wants to play the game later it's only possible for me to share with the physical cartridge.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I'm on the West Coast, so I guess I just figured it was another supply-chain-looting instance. My wife had some stuff she also ordered from Amazon that also shipped Thursday and similarly won't arrive until later this week. Amazon seems to think the parcel has "arrived at an unknown location", which I think means lost. They say that if they don't get further information from UPS by Monday it sounds like they're going to re-ship, so I assume that's why they have a Wednesday estimate now.

I checked my local Walmart to see if they had the game in stock (so I'd just return the Amazon copy when it eventually shows up) but no luck there. Also tried my local grocery store, since they keep a small selection of games, but also no dice.

I wish I wasn't so insistent on physical copies of my Switch games, because that eShop purchase is looking really good. I've got 5 people in my household with Switches though, and if someone else wants to play the game later it's only possible for me to share with the physical cartridge.
I usually just check Target online at 8:00am day of release (or WalMart) and usually they have them ready to buy. I order and select pickup. I pick up after work. Sometimes the clerk looks for the game in the morning when I order it and they cannot fine it or say its out of stock. When in reality it's not on the shelf yet. In that case I either try a different Target or try again an a couple hours a=when they actually put the game out. Often it shows up later.
I went into WalMart yesterday and they had a bunch of copies. I would check online again. If you find it, contact Amazon and tell them it was suppsosed to be release-day delivery and it's going to be over a week. They likely will refund the money saying it's 'lost'.

jshackles

I usually just check Target online at 8:00am day of release (or WalMart) and usually they have them ready to buy. I order and select pickup. I pick up after work. Sometimes the clerk looks for the game in the morning when I order it and they cannot fine it or say its out of stock. When in reality it's not on the shelf yet. In that case I either try a different Target or try again an a couple hours a=when they actually put the game out. Often it shows up later.
I went into WalMart yesterday and they had a bunch of copies. I would check online again. If you find it, contact Amazon and tell them it was suppsosed to be release-day delivery and it's going to be over a week. They likely will refund the money saying it's 'lost'.
Unfortunately I do live a bit remotely, so Walmart and my local grocery store (Fred Meyers, a Kroger joint) are the only places that carry games locally. I'm about 100 miles away from the nearest Target or Best Buy, or really any other big box retail place. I checked walmart.com again, and it says it's not available at my store, but they can ship it to me by Wednesday.

It's not the end of the world, I've got plenty of games to play in the meantime. But I had about 20 hours blocked out this weekend to play through this before Xenoblade 3, which is why I'm most disappointed it didn't get here on time. I love this game, but it might have to go on the back-burner for a few months.

Top Bottom