• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Live Action Transformer the Movie Coming Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xsarien

daedsiluap
aparisi2274 said:
IAWTP!!!!

I will bet everything in my wallet that when they get down to the character models, Megatron is not going to be a gun.

Considering Hasbro will undoubtedly make toys for the movie, you can pretty much rest assured that Megatron won't be a gun. That has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with the reason you can't buy Lawn Darts anymore. Realistic, but "fake" guns have caused enough problems for both kids and adults that they're just not worth it.

Firest0rm said:
It sucks that the guy responsible for star screams voice passed away :( I hope they get the voice for him done correctly. He wouldn't be the same with out his voice.

He will always be my Cobra Commander

Ristamar

xsarien said:
Considering Hasbro will undoubtedly make toys for the movie, you can pretty much rest assured that Megatron won't be a gun. That has nothing to do with political correctness, and everything to do with the reason you can't buy Lawn Darts anymore. Realistic, but "fake" guns have caused enough problems for both kids and adults that they're just not worth it.

Regardless, it still fucking sucks ass. The original Megatron was awesome. Even if this movie is made and completely blows, I'd practically cry tears of joy if they had the balls to have him transform into a Luger.

And this bastard needs to die. Here's a quote from a G2 Megatron toy review:

Generation 2 Megatron, the first incarnation of Megatron to use a tank as a vehicle mode and a much nicer alternative for the G2 line than using the original G1 mold. The G1 Luger Megatron was just a terrible toy and it was actually fortunate that Hasbro decided that a toy gun wasn't safe and just completely redid Megatron. I really, really love this figure and it's nice that Hasbro has gone back to the tank idea for the Armada line.
Megatron can be posed to look cool. I really like the sculpting on the head as well as the coloring. They were able to capture the same bullet-shaped helmet from the original cartoon and comics and give him this nasty, evil expression too. Much better than the fugly helmet and unibrow that the G1 version of Megatron had by far.

http://tfarchive.com/toys/generationtwo/g2_megatron.php

BLASPHEMER!

aparisi2274

Much news and quotes coming in from Don Murphy himself on the forums at DonMurphy.net. Check out these news quotes straight from the man:

* "We are staying focused on the original mythology."
* "Steven is COMPLETELY behind staying true to the mythology - no supersoakers."
* "We are working to get permissions for REAL vehicles so that Bumblebee turns into a VW for example."
* "Bumblebee HAS to be a Bug but why can't Hot Shot be the coolest sports car we can find?"
* "Hasbro has exerted a ton of pressure so that the film happens QUICKLY."
* "Your voice is being heard."

You can read a lot of his comments from his forum posts here:

http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=468&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

He says that Megatron will absolutely NOT be a gun, he says that was lame anyway.

Ouch.

Rlan

Bah. keep the same style of Megatron from G1, but give him a lesser looking cannon transformation mode, like he did with Galvatron.

aparisi2274

More Info:

They may use Soundwave. Not sure yet. If they do, he will NOT be a tape Deck. Maybe a CD player. Don Murphy also said that if they decide to make Megatron a tank, then he will transform to scale, and not transform into some huge Giant. He also said, they have no plot, no story, no voice actors, nothing really. Also said that they were thinking of not using the transforming sound, but everyone has said they need it, and they are going to use it. Also said that some of the characters are going to be retooled to bring it to modern times (ie. Soundwave being a CD player and not tape deck). This has to be done because when Hasbro begins to market the toys, they cant market a boombox with tapedeck.

Anyway, who knows.

Ristamar

aparisi2274 said:
He says that Megatron will absolutely NOT be a gun, he says that was lame anyway. Ouch.

But... it... wha......... MOTHERFUCKER. Lame!?! Fuck you! More like "you're a fucking tool for the toy manufacturers." The gun was the shit.

The non-tapedeck Soundwave news is also depressing.

bjork

The megatron robot mode did suck, hate to say it.

Trigger penis. wtf.

The gun mode is spiffy... but for the movie, they'll probably make him like a black Hummer 2 with purple windows or something. -_-

Ristamar

bjork said:
The megatron robot mode did suck, hate to say it.

Trigger penis. wtf.

The gun mode is spiffy... but for the movie, they'll probably make him like a black Hummer 2 with purple windows or something. -_-

Admittedly, the robot mode of the toy was, eh... odd, but it's not like they have to use that as the model. The comic and cartoon Megatron looked fine.

The talk of keeping it "realistic" on that board frightens me. Like someone had already pointed out, they're giant, living robots from outer space. Uh, yeah, how 'bout that realism.

Ripclawe

Banned
http://www.donmurphy.net/board/showthread.php?s=&threadid=468&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Dude
we are gonna try to treat this as realistically as possible

one giant robot doesn't turn into the gun for another
nor does a giant robot turn into a tape deck

We MAY have Soundwave- but we'd keep him proportional and make him a cd player or something.

Think REALITY

If Megatron is a tank, then when he transforms it is to scale.

Does anyone think we should keep the Transforming SOUND- squugeee or however you'd spell it

You stupid fuck, ITS A MOVIE BASED ON A CARTOON SERIES THAT HAS GIANT ROBOTS THAT CHANGE INTO SEMI TRACTOR TRAILERS AND A VW BUG!! IT AIN'T REALITY!!!!

This movie is going to suck.

bjork

Ristamar said:
Admittedly, the robot mode of the toy was, eh... odd, but it's not like they have to use that as the model. The comic and cartoon Megatron looked fine.

Agreed. That's why I only own the PVC versions of Megatron and no others. He looks how he should be. Though, given the awesome design of MP-01 Convoy, I guess they could make an anniversary Megatron and get it to be damned close to the cartoon.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Well, based on my observations so far, this movie going to suck all flavours of hairy ass.

MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN
MEGATRON IS A GUN

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive

how are they going to turn a cartoon that existed so purely to sell cool toys into anything even passably non-ludicrous? this is going to be a disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom