• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looking For A Portable DVD Player: Any Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dad's birthday is coming up and I know he wants one: a portable DVD players. Problem is, I don't know which one to get! I don't even know where to start, so I would really appreciate some recommendations. Here's what I know I want:

- Something that's not too expensive.
- Something that has a good picture.
- Something that is easy to use (my dad ain't too techno savy).

Thanks in advance for any help!

COCKLES

being watched
If your in UK / Europe these sell out as fast as they stock 'em.

http://www.firebox.co.uk/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=825

9" model does DIVX as well. :eek:

p825b.jpg

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Avoid any of the Initial, Mintek, Apex, or Audiovox players. Their prices are tempting but the durability is questionable and while their picture quality is decent, it's nowhere what you'll get with a better brand.

One of my friends has a 7" RCA (not sure of a model number) that's he's been extremely happy with for almost two years now, and I've heard excellent stuff about the newer Toshiba and Panasonic players. Even Polaroid makes a pretty impressive-looking unit, although I'm not familiar with their track record in terms of quality.

I don't know what kind of price range you're looking for, but 7" would seem like a minimum at this point, with 8" - 10" obviously costing a bit more, but still a steal compared to what they were running not even a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom