• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like EA is not involved with the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic remake

1. Its a remake not a "port" not sure where you got that information from as the works remake are pretty fucking bold in the marketing for it.

2. Yet Bluepoint at some point never remade a game and just did ports....before making several of the best remakes ever made.

3. They have to start somewhere and Asypr is a solid fucking team. Sony also hired a bunch of veterans for some new team to join them on top of Sony's own developers also joining (likely the team that will take over the KOTOR series as I doubt they are just stopping with KOTOR 1 and 2)

4. Stay mad -_-

@BigBooper The lolz at now begging for EA to publish a game vs Sony when many on here where begging for Disney to pull that license from EA in the first place.

Also, some of the developers who worked on the original are confirmed to have been hired to work on this.
He didn't say it the game was a port, he said the game was going to be developed by a "port house", meaning a studio that only do ports and not an actual new game.

giphy.gif

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
He didn't say it the game was a port, he said the game was going to be developed by a "port house", meaning a studio that only do ports and not an actual new game.
Yes this is in important distinction. I expect this is why Sony are so heavily involved, Disney (Lucasfilm) probably trust Sony as a publisher to maintain certain standards and have a development team network that can be leaned upon to help deliver success. It will be interesting to see how it pans out.

NahaNago

not hearing good things about remake from youtube commentators

Man HATING SJW Hired To Re-Write Knights Of The Old Republic Admits She Doesn't Even Like The Game​

yeah, this story has been blowing up lately. Although I didn't watch the quartering coverage of it since I find him kind of annoying. I would lower expectations for this game by a lot.

FunkMiller

Gold Member

Man HATING SJW Hired To Re-Write Knights Of The Old Republic Admits She Doesn't Even Like The Game​

It’s probably valid to be concerned that someone like Maggs has been hired to help write this film, but can we not link to the walking sack of shit that is The Quatering?

Any even remotely valid points he may have is sunk in a morass of gross fucking misogyny. What a hairy, dense cunt.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
Get hyped for a port house who never actually made a game before remaking a beloved classic.

This is how Bluepoint got started though? They ported games for a good while on mulitiple titles then were given Shadow of the colossus and proved they could do remakes. These guys have worked on ports for Starwars properties lets give thema chance to show what they can do before grabbin the pitch forks.

oagboghi2

Dog-whistle extremist, click-baiting manlet. You really should get your gaming opinions somewhere else.
Like where, Kotaku?

It would be nice if someone actually proved him wrong. Just insulting the guy doesn’t make anything in he showed in the video fake.

She likes the Sequel Trilogy and doesn't think Rey is a Mary Sue! Burn her at the stake!
She has bad taste. That doesn’t exactly help this game.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Black And White Reaction GIF

You remind me of Cryptoadam or whatever that guy was, you need to take a fucking break and dial down on the rage.

people who love shift-typing 'SJW' (or, worse still, need to toggle capps lock) make my computer screen smell like a sweaty taint

Last edited:
In the early 2010’s I may have gotten excited for such an announcement but nowadays I doubt it’ll be anything other than an unfaithful adaptation riding on nostalgia and name recognition. Would love to be proven wrong but it’s doubtful.

mejin

Aspyr is not the first dev Sony helps to achieve a new bar.

Anyway, Lucas Films was smart to reach Sony and not EA for this game.

Aspyr? I wasn't a huge fan of the Jedi Knight II port they made. Functioned well enough but they should have put some QoL features for console such as aim assist. Some of the platforming sections were a nightmare too but I'll put that down to the game itself not being built for console.

The whole reason they're rewriting it is to gender-swap Darth Revan. *oops* If you're going through the trouble, why not create something new and original?

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

I mean New World is going to be strong. It makes sense you hit back with a good good Starwars MMO.

do we even know whose the developer, is it any Sony first party studio as its an PS5 exclusive.

Gender-swap a character that can be either gender?
I was being flippant. I can care less about the lore or the reveal scene gimmick, since it's being rewritten by a misandrist. Plus it's2021. There will be more choices than boy or girl ending to satisfy that militant small group of people. Not that they'll even play it.

Last edited:
It’s probably valid to be concerned that someone like Maggs has been hired to help write this film, but can we not link to the walking sack of shit that is The Quatering?

Any even remotely valid points he may have is sunk in a morass of gross fucking misogyny. What a hairy, dense cunt.
I'm not sure what misogyny Quartering has done in other videos. Is it the Amber Heard stuff where even there he said both Johnny and Amber had done bad stuff? I could see how an example against me too could be problematic to some. Or has he done something else that I'm unaware of?
Black And White Reaction GIF

You remind me of Cryptoadam or whatever that guy was, you need to take a fucking break and dial down on the rage.

people who love shift-typing 'SJW' (or, worse still, need to toggle capps lock) make my computer screen smell like a sweaty taint
I don't shift type anything I just copy paste the youtube titles since the media display cuts the titles off. I could edit the titles to be less bold and change the typing but that would go against the original typing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom