• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lost Judgement |OT| - Schooling your way with the fist of justice

SkylineRKR

The robotics is bad and I wish it was small time, but I did it pre patch and the loot payout was much less. You can win matches really fast though. Grab blocks, let your (both Balanced units) AI deal with opponents via AI Jammer chips and guns. Build towards their base. Get speed and rotation speed buffs. For the final, press touchpad to ditch the armor straight away and do the same.

Money isn't an issue, you can get lots of play passes with the dog and with the item buff diners. You can also save scum blackjack or poker with a cheat item to speed it up and buy platinum plates. Then just buy everything from the item store in the park. In combination with practice matches you can craft the best shit.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
The robotics is bad and I wish it was small time, but I did it pre patch and the loot payout was much less. You can win matches really fast though. Grab blocks, let your (both Balanced units) AI deal with opponents via AI Jammer chips and guns. Build towards their base. Get speed and rotation speed buffs. For the final, press touchpad to ditch the armor straight away and do the same.

Money isn't an issue, you can get lots of play passes with the dog and with the item buff diners. You can also save scum blackjack or poker with a cheat item to speed it up and buy platinum plates. Then just buy everything from the item store in the park. In combination with practice matches you can craft the best shit.

Theres an even easier way to get play passes. It's by doing the skateboard races. One race takes like less than 5 mins and one win is like 13k coins if u grabbed them in the race as well. One play pass is 18k. I farmed them at those races to finish the side case with the rivals at the vr dice.

All evidence points to this being a big pile of turd, even for people interested in the series.

Of course Yakuza ultra hardcore fans will tell you that this is GOTY or whatever, but they say that every year so their opinion is literally absolutely worthless (it is like a FIFA or COD fan told you that their series was GOTY, sure mate we all believe you).

RGG Studio sûre needs to step up their game is they want to stay relevant in the future

Thank god RGG Studio exists!

They basically brings tons content (not paid), fun and great gameplay to you in every game they do. Rare thing nowdays, in a land of "movie games with deep like a puddle combat and microtransations galore".

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Theres an even easier way to get play passes. It's by doing the skateboard races. One race takes like less than 5 mins and one win is like 13k coins if u grabbed them in the race as well. One play pass is 18k. I farmed them at those races to finish the side case with the rivals at the vr dice.

The VR game isn't really needed for cash though. Perhaps for doing the rival sidequest earlier. Later on you can also grab the 6 pieces for the free play pass.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
u311C8M.jpg

So Yagami has been reading too much Kotaku, uh?

PsyEd

The robotics club isn't just the worst thing in the game, it's one of the worst things period.

Yeah I felt the same but really wanted to beat up Koga again....I found him to be the most annoying boss in the first. So I kept playing and funny enough I won on my 3rd try and finally beat up Koga with zero damage with boxing style on my first attempt in hard mode lol.

Now for the final tourney all I did was have my 2nd and 3rd bot as strongest XF attack bots(the last model) and all 3 of mine had the splash damage reduction thing since the final crew tends to spam a lot. Also get the strongest battery for all 3 so your power limit is up to 1k and then you can load up your good stuff. And for the actual event I got the main one to pave the way and rushed the enemy base...there is no point of trying to gain more since all enemy bots work better than the 2 clowns you get in your team.

Now I just have the VR mission and Amon mission left in the story...enough time to wait for Kaito files which is due next year.

I enjoy the Yakuza series quite a bit, and I can borrow this from a friend, but I never played the first Judgement game. Will that matter all that much, or is this game largely its own story? Is this an alright starting point, or will I feel really lost and have the first game completely spoiled for me?

SirTerry-T

As someone who recently finished and loved his time with Yakuza: LAD, would you fellas recommend this? The switch back from turn based combat wouldn't bother me, I suppose my other big question is do I need to have played the first LJ game or can I hop onto this one "cold". Cheers.

Last edited:

Thief1987

ovie games with deep like a puddle combat and microtransations galore".
How much more disingenuous you can be saying this shit in a RGGS' game thread? Like only just recently i had a 20 minutes long cutscene in LJ. And if you are going through the story it's basically the same pattern: going to point A - long cutscene - some beatdowns - long cutscene - going to point B - long cutscene - chapter end.
RGGS' games are the most "movie" games than any games that i ever played lol. And also your implication that these games have deep combat is just laughable.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
As someone who recently finished and loved his time with Yakuza: LAD, would you fellas recommend this? The switch back from turn based combat wouldn't bother me, I suppose my other big question is do I need to have played the first LJ game or can I hop onto this one "cold". Cheers.

Play the first one first if you can. There's a connection between cast members and some things are more impactful if you played the first one.

The story is super good on the first one, even if you don't want to cycle through the side content.

Last edited:
How much more disingenuous you can be saying this shit in a RGGS' game thread? Like only just recently i had a 20 minutes long cutscene in LJ. And if you are going through the story it's basically the same pattern: going to point A - long cutscene - some beatdowns - long cutscene - going to point B - long cutscene - chapter end.
RGGS' games are the most "movie" games than any games that i ever played lol. And also your implication that these games have deep combat is just laughable.

Games has TONS of content, point A to B has in every game. Combat has lots of moves, ex moves, styles to change, fury mode etc...

Laughable is your post mate.

Labadal

I enjoy the Yakuza series quite a bit, and I can borrow this from a friend, but I never played the first Judgement game. Will that matter all that much, or is this game largely its own story? Is this an alright starting point, or will I feel really lost and have the first game completely spoiled for me?

I highly recommend both of you to play the first game. Not is it only good, but there callbacks to the first one. This is also the case for side stuff.

Keihart

Games has TONS of content, point A to B has in every game. Combat has lots of moves, ex moves, styles to change, fury mode etc...

Laughable is your post mate.
Cutscenes and exposition sections have been incredibly overblown since Judgement and 7, 0 and 6 were less guilty of this.
My biggest gripe is combat tho.

First game combat was deep as a puddle, EX moves felt pretty uninspired compared to 6 and 0 or even 5 or 4.
Tiger stance was the only one with utility and crane stance basically reserved for that 1 ex move that can clear 3 guys in one bar.
The extracts are the silver lining of the combat.

Anyhow, lost judgement vastly improved on judgement, but the combat still feels inferior to 6 in my opinion, Saejima's bound combos or Tanimura's grabs and reversals were more fun than any Style Yagami has access to.

Last edited:
Cutscenes and exposition sections have been incredibly overblown since Judgement and 7, 0 and 6 were less guilty of this.
My biggest gripe is combat tho.

First game combat was deep as a puddle, EX moves felt pretty uninspired compared to 6 and 0 or even 5 or 4.
Tiger stance was the only one with utility and crane stance basically reserved for that 1 ex move that can clear 3 guys in one bar.
The extracts are the silver lining of the combat.

Anyhow, lost judgement vastly improved on judgement, but the combat still feels inferior to 6 in my opinion, Saejima's bound combos or Tanimura's grabs and reversals were more fun than any Style Yagami has access to.
I agree Yakuza combat is better! But Judgment 1 and 2 have good combat imo! Its super smooth and satisfying!

I'm loving the game. Just got to chapter 7 and it was a major punch in the gut during a particular scene. Can't say I didn't see that coming though.

Thief1987

I'm loving the game. Just got to chapter 7 and it was a major punch in the gut during a particular scene. Can't say I didn't see that coming though.
Shame that they spoiled it one of story trailers, so it doesn't have much impact on me, because i expected that this will happen eventually.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
This game's mini-games are insanely fun. The skate racing is so simple yet super addictive to play. And don't start me on the boxing mini-game, which is also super cool.

nush

This is in the Black Friday sale on PSN. Surprised to see it discounted so quickly and selling for the same price (Discounted as LAD). Did it not sell well? Anyway, I'm downloading now, looking forward to getting into this one. I thought I'd be getting LAD next but as they are the same price I went with the newer game, feels like a much better deal.

And I get to play a selection of games from my first ever console the Master System. Good times coming up this weekend!

Nankatsu

Gold Member
This is in the Black Friday sale on PSN. Surprised to see it discounted so quickly and selling for the same price (Discounted as LAD). Did it not sell well? Anyway, I'm downloading now, looking forward to getting into this one. I thought I'd be getting LAD next but as they are the same price I went with the newer game, feels like a much better deal.

And I get to play a selection of games from my first ever console the Master System. Good times coming up this weekend!

Already on sale? Wow, it's a nice grab then.

Hope you liked it and played the first one before diving in into this.

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Bought the physical version for Xbox not too long ago, played a lil bit yesterday but man they really let you start off with a fucking sneaking mission. I enjoyed the first but it felt like a real slog at times and I never liked the sneaking.

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Bought the physical version for Xbox not too long ago, played a lil bit yesterday but man they really let you start off with a fucking sneaking mission. I enjoyed the first but it felt like a real slog at times and I never liked the sneaking.

Yes, the stealth sections are the worst aspect of the game, along with the robotics club minigame. No one likes them.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Finished the game. Straight into top 3, right after Y0, which for me remains the best RGG game.

Regarding Lost Judgement, it's a phenomenal game, with the best combat system RGG has ever produced. The story is extremely down to earth and mature, and I think they legit made a great job intertwining everything. The main topic and the trigger may be bullying, but the narrative is much more than that.

The cast is amazing, and the way they managed two antagonists is fantastic.
Soma is a super sinister antagonist right until the very end, and that works super well. The reason for him to create RK in the first place is legit evil genius and super clever. And the way they handled Kuwana is top notch. You actually end up sympathizing with him and his reasons and it's amazing to see how even Yagami acknowledges that in some sense. Glad they didn't killed him off at the very end.

Its really an amazing game and hands down my game of the year.

As a package - gameplay, story, graphics, side content - this game is one of the few that legit is worth every single dollar you pay for it.

I now just hope Sega can come to terms with Takuya Kimura's agency so Yagami and the series can continue and we get another sequel.

Last edited:
Amazing game. Just finished and I can easily say this is 9/10.
Combat and story are so good after the terrible Yakuza 7.
I miss some mini-games but that's it.
40h and maybe already ready for a Legend run.

Also, if you want to see the Final Boss getting wrecked by me:

nikolino840

I have finished the game but i want to finish the school stories .. but i can't go on and i don't know what to do..
ulUTomS.jpg
Under the spoiler the photo of all the clubs...
I can't beat the bikers ok...but i have completed all the others but why the mistery club Is only at 14%?

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
I have finished the game but i want to finish the school stories .. but i can't go on and i don't know what to do..
ulUTomS.jpg
Under the spoiler the photo of all the clubs...
I can't beat the bikers ok...but i have completed all the others but why the mistery club Is only at 14%?

Yeah you need to finish the bike club. Push through it. Heres the best tip I got. Save all your boosts until the last few hundred meters and then use them. The AI will ALWAYS pass you unless you have the boost.

GymWolf

Bought for 23 euros on ps5.

Can someone tell me why this robot minigame is so terrible? is it obtuse or just super hard or something?

I mean, it can't be worse than real estate in y0 where you just buy places and hire people.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Bought for 23 euros on ps5.

Can someone tell me why this robot minigame is so terrible? is it obtuse or just super hard or something?

I mean, it can't be worse than real estate in y0 where you just buy places and hire people.
It's a really annoying minigame, definetely.

But once you manage to get enough upgrades on the robot it becomes easy.

GymWolf

For fuck sake, can yakuza studio make one single game that is not an absolute cakewalk even on hard?

The combat feels so good now, and you have so many things to buy and upgrade but it feels uselees because you literally destroy everyone even without upgrading jack shit.

It is the single, biggest flaw in any yakuza title, maybe there is gonna be some decent boss battle or some arena with 25 people piling on me, but 98% of this games always feel so fucking brainless, i really don't understand why they continue to make super easy games, why do they even put an hard mode if they can't even balance it right?

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
For fuck sake, can yakuza studio make one single game that is not an absolute cakewalk even on hard?

The combat feels so good now, and you have so many things to buy and upgrade but it feels uselees because you literally destroy everyone even without upgrading jack shit.

It is the single, biggest flaw in any yakuza title, maybe there is gonna be some decent boss battle or some arena with 25 people piling on me, but 98% of this games always feel so fucking brainless, i really don't understand why they continue to make super easy games, why do they even put an hard mode if they can't even balance it right?

Did you play the Amon fight?

GymWolf

Did you play the Amon fight?
Is amon that dude that is inside every yakuza game like a secret boss?

Not yet, i'm just like 7 hours in.

But a secret boss battle in a 100 hours game doesn't really disprove my point.

Last edited:

GymWolf

The boxing minigame is so cool, and the coach is hilarious:lollipop_squinting:

I'm not even hating the robot minigame, it is not fun but at keast is pretty easy, the tutorial does a shitty job explaining how to play the game, i'm just winning matches in less than a minute by just by reaching the enemy base as fast as i can, it doesn't matter if i leave holes in base.

Nankatsu

Gold Member

I'm not even hating the robot minigame, it is not fun but at keast is pretty easy, the tutorial does a shitty job explaining how to play the game, i'm just winning matches in less than a minute by just by reaching the enemy base as fast as i can, it doesn't matter if i leave holes in base.

If I remember correctly last levels to complete the school sidequest are kind of pain. AI spikes decently, and unless you grind for better gear you're bond to struggle.

Boxing minigame is damn cool yeah, shame they locked the boxe fighting style behind DLC.

TuFaN

I love the boxing minigame so much ^^

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Digging this up.

Just finish Kaito Files and to my surprised DLC is actually pretty good.

100% narrative driven, no side cases. It does a pretty good job telling Kaito's back story and in my eyes making him a much more likable and relevant character in the series.

Kyoya Sadamoto was batshit insane.

Last edited:
Top Bottom