• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Days Gone | Drifting through the apocalypse is actually cool

StueyDuck

This is the game where a bunch of Journos all admitted that they have whatsapp/slack groups when reviewing games and they all meet for lunch and chat about the game before their reviews which made it painfully obvious that one dumb take overtook the entire conversation about the game.

Disgustingly underrated but nevertheless it is what it is. Everyone I personally know who does play the game really enjoys it and that's what counts. Shame a bunch of Journos had some vendetta to destroy the game and its potential sequel... and let's be honest, the studio too. For a bunch of losers that cry about crunch and layoffs they sure don't mind destroying a studio the second they feel it doesn't line up with their San Fran progressivism

Last edited:

Denton

8.5/10 game, really enjoyed the PC version. My playthrough took exactly 66.6 hours.
I am somewhat annoyed sequel ain't happening.

StueyDuck

8.5/10 game, really enjoyed the PC version. My playthrough took exactly 66.6 hours.
I am somewhat annoyed sequel ain't happening.
Does anyone know if a decent co-op mod was ever created on PC...

I'd love coop days gone (apparently the sequel was gonna be that) two people setting up different chokepoints and splitting the horde up, racing from A to B on bikes whilst maintaining your own bike.

Really would've been fun

Last edited:
One of my games of the generation, more for the overall package. Than one outstanding feature or set piece. Although how to manage the hordes and not be afraid of them, like in the beginning of the game gets an honourable mention.

The atmosphere especially when cruising through the decayed ruins of civilisation on your bike, while just exploring. The stunning views at times. Some of the set pieces and vibe of the game. I could go on

I did buy a copy, but waited till I had a ps5 to play and glad I did. It sounds like original release had some ‘issues’

Although I finished the game, I did keep a save with one horde still about. Just so I can load up and drop in and see how those dangerous, flesh hungry bunch of sprinters are doing 😎😁

Sad that this didn’t get a sequel (taking the journey into cities and new areas, while refining and developing new stands would seem to along write itself). I also find some of the criticisms seem to be based on wholly out of context details (I did think at the time, it did seem a little no Russian like. And look where that’s now taken the latest weak a$$ cod)

Sad that this game has no future, but so happy I got to experience the game (the fear of the horde is very real at the starting point of the game and lasts for a good portion, before you become a trap master or gain some heavy weapons)

Krathoon

Well, one of the things that really did not help the game is that it had a disturbing booth at PAX South.

It had these gross zombies hanging up in chains.

Totally turned me off. Don't hang up gross crap when you are trying to sell a game.

Top Bottom