• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP - Resident Evil 3 Remake/ RE Resistance - Ehhhhhhh.... This is fine.

Aion002

Hey there! I just finished my first run of Resident Evil 3 Remake, I also completed 30 RE Resistance matches....

The game is too short and has no puzzles. The characters are nice! RE Resistance is a good game!

So, I decided to report that this games is:

ce0083a9b7c28af3039e72ab961534764bfa6214r1-320-158_00.gif

Am I right or am I wrong?

de4f00739e6cec8643dfae8dc2524396e9f3e83e.gifv

:messenger_winking_tongue:

Anyway, I bought it on sale at PSN for 30 USD and I honestly think that this game should have been released with the 30 usd price tag. Indeed, as many have said, the game is short as fuck. I finished in 3 hours and 50 minutes on my first run and I believe that I will easily hit the less than 1 hour mark on the next run.

But, let's start with the good side:

The characters are great, they are way more interesting than in the original. Their voice actors did an splendid job in my opinion, Jill and Carlos are great as the main characters and have a lot of chemistry, also the supporting ones are also really good. Mikhail in particular, although having so little screen time, is really charismatic and made me want a game with him as the main character... Heck! I would pay a lot of money for a RE game with the U.B.C.S. team!

The streets of Raccon City are great and really made me enjoy the early game.

The gameplay is almost the same of RE2 Remake, having minor differences, which is great.

f24d7f6bf29dc45fa1377299d3d13875d095ba05.gifv

Now the bad side:

The game is short.... I mean, really fucking short. Finishing the first run in less than 4 hours was weird... Because...

The puzzles.... There's none. Really! If you want to take notes and learn how to tackle the puzzles.... Well, they're too easy. Like easier than Uncharted puzzles... Which is.... Impressive? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The game is linear... Way too linear, the backtracking is minimal and the exploration is quite small.

No mercernaries mode. Disgusting indeed.

Nemesis. Yep! The star of the game is at most annoying. It is completely inferior to Mr. X on RE2R. All of the battles involving Nemesis are: too easy or too annoying.

The Bosses.... There are 3 Boss battles and they are all meh.

Removed content... The game is linear, short and has less content than the original... Capcom has to be kidding.

With all of that said, you must have concluded that the game is not fine, right? Well, there's the other game that is included on RE3R, it's called Resident Evil Resistance!

The Good:

87FB3F37EDA300EA65B95C0CFE179A5F618FF920

RE Resistance is an online multiplayer 4 versus 1 game, where 4 players takes the roles of survivors and must scape scenarios, while another one assumes the control of a master mind that must kill the survivors using tools and monsters from the RE universe!

And I must say, this games is amazing, the "stages" are fun and the coordenation between the players is rewarded, while the master mind must learn the character he picked and the stages to win the match!

The replayability is incredible, as each master mind and survivor can unlock new skills and gears, changing how to play, also, each MM and Survivor have different skill sets and tools to achieve victory!

However.... Not everything is perfect on RE Resistance...

The Bad:

981ab1ac445a0ed9f1b31bbfa36fe779b448b16b.gifv

The servers are bad sometimes, disconnecting issues are annoying.

The game is unbalanced. Some survivors are broken and some master minds in the hands of good players can make the game unfun.

Loot boxes! For both cosmetics and gear.... Which is annoying, but not extreme since the in game currency is kinda fair.

Dumb matchmaking... New player? Well, you might get a high level master mind that will make your experience miserable. New player playing as the master mind? Get ready to get high level teams that play the game as a fucking SWAT squad, that will make you wonder how you are supposed to play the game.

With all that said, I think that RE3R is a fine game for 30 usd and I am really enjoying RE Resistance!

Am I alone here?

If you read everything, thank you! And I am sorry for any typos!

Last edited:

Kuranghi

1Vwq.gif

lol just messing, I need to sleep but I have some good replies and defenses of certain elements so wanted to claim this spot til tomorrow hehe!

SuperGooey

The problem isn't that the game is short; the problem is it is lacking in level design, Nemesis is only used what are essentially only scripted QTEs and boss fights, all of the choice and randomization that made replays fun in the original were scrapped, and the game overall feels incomplete.

Revelations 2 had more love and care put into it than RE3R which, imo, was clearly just a buffer title between RE2R and RE8. RE3 deserved better.

Aion002

The problem isn't that the game is short; the problem is it is lacking in level design, Nemesis is only used what are essentially only scripted QTEs and boss fights, all of the choice and randomization that made replays fun in the original were scrapped, and the game overall feels incomplete.

Revelations 2 had more love and care put into it than RE3R which, imo, was clearly just a buffer title between RE2R and RE8. RE3 deserved better.
I agree. The game is too linear and short... And definetly RE3R deseverd way better.

I also enjoyed Revelations 2 way more and I think that is a fantastic game. Still Resistance saved the day for me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SuperGooey

I agree. The game is too linear and short... And definetly RE3R deseverd way better.

I also enjoyed Revelations 2 way more and I think that is a fantastic game. Still Resistance saved the day for me. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I wish I could get into Resistance, but I think Capcom banked too much on it when Raid and Mercenaries work better as extra modes, imo. RE3R is just really lacking when it comes to content.

However, RE3R has something that the series has been lacking for a while: character! I love the art direction (there is actual color in environments again), and the interactions between the main cast of characters is fantastic! That "Capcom charm" is something the series has been lacking since RE4, imo, and RE3R finally brought it back. Unfortunately, everything else is lacking. :/

Aion002

I wish I could get into Resistance, but I think Capcom banked too much on it when Raid and Mercenaries work better as extra modes, imo. RE3R is just really lacking when it comes to content.

However, RE3R has something that the series has been lacking for a while: character! I love the art direction (there is actual color in environments again), and the interactions between the main cast of characters is fantastic! That "Capcom charm" is something the series has been lacking since RE4, imo, and RE3R finally brought it back. Unfortunately, everything else is lacking. :/
Yeah a PVE mode would be amazing and a must for the game.

And I hope that the "Capcom charm" is indeed back and, hopefully, also present on RE8.

Impotaku

The shop that you can unlock the infinite weapons makes up for it's short length it's designed for you to play through multiple times, i had a total blast completing the objectives to get points to spend in the bonus weapons store with those unlocked it makes nightmare difficulty at least manageable as in that difficulty the zombies fly at you like fucking ninjas and if they grab you it's pretty much instant death.

Saber

Gold Member
The problem with this game is that is not a remake at all. Its a game following the same core gameplay from R4 eske games. Its an offense to call it a remake of 3, because everything that RE3 stood for either got butched or are completelly missing.

Pretty much those who like this game either like because of 4 or because never played the originals.

My best guess is that after RE2 remake they though they could do anything close to it and people would digest it.

RE4 "rEmAkE" gonna be the same.

Aion002

The shop that you can unlock the infinite weapons makes up for it's short length it's designed for you to play through multiple times, i had a total blast completing the objectives to get points to spend in the bonus weapons store with those unlocked it makes nightmare difficulty at least manageable as in that difficulty the zombies fly at you like fucking ninjas and if they grab you it's pretty much instant death.

I did not touch the shop yet, but I am interest in doing all the challenges to get the points for the shop. I intend to 100% it, so my first run was aimed at getting collectibles and not using the box.

I think I will enjoy that aspect.

The problem with this game is that is not a remake at all. Its a game following the same core gameplay from R4 eske games. Its an offense to call it a remake of 3, because everything that RE3 stood for either got butched or are completelly missing.

Pretty much those who like this game either like because of 4 or because never played the originals.

My best guess is that after RE2 remake they though they could do anything close to it and people would digest it.

RE4 "rEmAkE" gonna be the same.

Yeah, I like RE4 a lot so it was less offensive to me. But you are right, it's more of RE4 adaptation of 3, than a real remake of 3.

I think RE4 will be better, many complained about it so Capcom must, I hope, at least make a more complete game.

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I think RE4 will be better, many complained about it so Capcom must, I hope, at least make a more complete game.

You better really pray that RE4 don't get heavly changed. RE4 is quite different from the rest, as it is more action oriented and less "scary" in terms of atmosphere. Also, the game is quite extensive. And since we still got no proof they're taking feedback seriously, you might get a very butchered game.

Top Bottom