• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Luigi's Mansion 3 has sold 7.83 million units in 11 months.

Bodomism

Banned
Another success story for mid tier Nintendo game that will reach 10 million units sold in the next few months after selling nearly 8 million units under 1 year on the market.

ActiveBitterAttwatersprairiechicken-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Bodomism

Banned
Crazy how many multimillion copy sellers they have this gen already. The game is pretty good too.
Currently 9 switch titles sold above 10 million units.

Potential 10 million sellers for Switch
NSMBUD = 8.32M - Likely next year
LM3 = 7.83 - Likely next yeat
SM3DAS = 5.21M - Race against limited released date.
BOTW 2 = 100% to pass 10M mark in a single quarter.
Pokemon Remake = Same as BOTW2
Pokemon Gen 9 = same as BOTW2
Next 3D Mario = same as BOTW2
SM3DW
= ???

Insane.

Last edited:

BlackTron

I'm guilty of kinda forgetting this existed. Luigi's Mansion was always a "meh" franchise for me, but maybe I need to play this.

I mean it boggles my mind that for every two people that bought Smash Ultimate, (almost) one person bought Luigi's Mansion 3. It has nearly half the sales of the best selling fighter of all time. I can hardly believe this stuff.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Holy shit, I never would've expected this. As someone that has never played a Luigi's Mansion title before, should I give 3 a shot? Just curious. :pie_thinking:
Absolutely, it just really depends on your tastes. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a quirky mix of lighthearted spookiness, Nintendo caliber-charm, and fun (if simple) gameplay. It’s a really unique and charming game.

It’s one of the few third party games based on a Nintendo character that feels like it was developed by Nintendo’s top internal talent (many people don’t realize that a lot of games with Nintendo characters aren’t developed by Nintendo at all).

TL;DR - Give it a chance, it’s a lot of fun.

Holy shit, I never would've expected this. As someone that has never played a Luigi's Mansion title before, should I give 3 a shot? Just curious. :pie_thinking:
Do you like old Resident Evil? It's a AAA Mario style take on RE exploration of a haunted mansion, with puzzles and creative bosses. Its not scary, but it is "spooky" with some comedy. Just a fun, very polished game of exploration and puzzles with light combat

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only person that doesn't like this series here?

reptilex

Banned
No wonder, what a great game, one of the few I got my Switch out for.

Now as other have mentioned, if only they could remaster the two previous ones for Switch, and hopefully not do a crap half-assed job like the Mario 3D collection.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
It's a really fun game, especially in co-op.
Sucking everything up felt real good :messenger_beaming:

My only slight criticism was that it was pretty low on challenge. Make me work harder for that suck in future.

I bought it but got kinda stuck in the part with the tv's.

Also was underwhelmed by the framerate on tv. But I put the output on 720p now so I will try again soon.

Top Bottom