• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia Definitive Edition Live gameplay @ 5 p.m. (in 15 minutes !)

Laptop1991

I'm looking forward to this, i never played the original, 2 and 3 were ok, but this looks better than both 2 and 3 put together. i watched the first half an hour and it's a buy for me.

EDMIX

I cant like your response enough!!!!

I'd love an exclusive RPG Cosa Nostra game. Set during the '60s - '90s when the Italian's were at their absolute peak!
  • Start as an associate
  • Be a good earner
  • A system that tracks how good you earn so that you can get made
  • Modern rackets (unions, construction, stocks, phone cards, waste management - tired of prohibition and pin stripped suits)
  • If you go to jail you continue to operate in jail

I could go on and on. I think you and I agree lol

Could be epic. I think it would need to span multiple games as so much happens during those time frames.

In jail you could have a risk reward type system where you could snitch, but use the information to continue dirty work ala Whitey Bulger. Climbing rank could work in a meta game type system after the main story is complete as to allow a narrative to still exist in the world for the main story, but to give a end game system for those who simply want to continue.

Think more Scarface however than Good fellas

Speaking of 1983, they could have an entire cocaine cowboys type Mafia in Miami. Everyone had their hands in that cookie jar lol, Cubans, Colombians, Mexican Mafia, Italian Mob, Haitians etc

VulcanRaven

I haven't finished the original so this will be mostly like a new game for me. I had the original on PS2.

Last edited:

Gtafans93

Could be epic. I think it would need to span multiple games as so much happens during those time frames.

In jail you could have a risk reward type system where you could snitch, but use the information to continue dirty work ala Whitey Bulger. Climbing rank could work in a meta game type system after the main story is complete as to allow a narrative to still exist in the world for the main story, but to give a end game system for those who simply want to continue.

Speaking of 1983, they could have an entire cocaine cowboys type Mafia in Miami. Everyone had their hands in that cookie jar lol, Cubans, Colombians, Mexican Mafia, Italian Mob, Haitians etc
if theres a mafia 4 that does all of that I'd be happy. Or a remake of scarface the world is yours. Or both.

Top Bottom