• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Ixalan - Port to Sideboard

Justin

Magic: the Gathering |OT13| Rivals of Ixalan - These Cards Fuck

On another forum I posted a joke question saying I needed suggestions for a EDH deck themed around characters that have fucked. I got a lot of responses and that made me sad because I dont want anyone to think I would actually play EDH.

Poppy

On another forum I posted a joke question saying I needed suggestions for a EDH deck themed around characters that have fucked. I got a lot of responses and that made me sad because I dont want anyone to think I would actually play EDH.
*rimshot*

The reason why they don't have instant speed "must attack" spells anymore makes sense. Often players will cast a creature then say go, implying they skipped combat and cast the spell in their second main phase, and with this, they'd be forced to back up their turn.

It's still weird hearing them talk about how it's so hard to make red mythic rares, and not realize how lame Rowdy Crew is.

DrArchon

It's still weird hearing them talk about how it's so hard to make red mythic rares, and not realize how lame Rowdy Crew is.

The sad part is they almost had a better version of it when someone suggested Menace. I don't know about you, but a potential 4 mana 5/5 with Menace sounds pretty badass (and it feels more red than Trample).

Still crap because lol discard at random though.

It's funny how they call out both of the big concerns people brought up immediately with Sorcerous Spyglass ("some players will think you have to name a card in their hand" and "people will think it's a triggered ability when it isn't") then just kind of went with it.

bigkrev

From M-files
Cards like Pithing Needle and Meddling Mage are daunting for newer players, especially if they don't know card names or the format well (not everyone knows you're allowed to call a judge to help you choose the correct card name),

Also,playng on Magic Online and accidentally naming
Sarpadian Empires, Vol. VII
needs to be shouted out as something that I have done at least a dozen times in my life

Justin

It's funny how they call out both of the big concerns people brought up immediately with Sorcerous Spyglass ("some players will think you have to name a card in their hand" and "people will think it's a triggered ability when it isn't") then just kind of went with it.

I have only had it played on me twice but both times after showing my hand I had to explain they could name any card not just the ones shown.

Justin

lol

STATEMENT ON IXALAN DOUBLE-FACED CARDS CARD STOCK
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articl...alan-double-faced-cards-card-stock-2017-10-20

A number of non-foil, double-sided Ixalan cards in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), and Korean were mistakenly printed on the incorrect card stock. Although not printed on typical Magic card stock, these cards contain the unique holofoil stamp applied to all rares and mythic rares that guarantees authenticity. They are real Magic cards made by Wizards of the Coast and are tournament legal.

bigkrev

EDIT: fuk u Justin I wuz first

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articl...alan-double-faced-cards-card-stock-2017-10-20

A number of non-foil, double-sided Ixalan cards in English, Portuguese, Spanish, Chinese (Traditional), Chinese (Simplified), and Korean were mistakenly printed on the incorrect card stock. Although not printed on typical Magic card stock, these cards contain the unique holofoil stamp applied to all rares and mythic rares that guarantees authenticity. They are real Magic cards made by Wizards of the Coast and are tournament legal.

Justin

edit: ^---- wow

Is the difference in card stocks obvious?

Considering they said nothing about the super wide spread awful printing issues in Amonkhet it must be pretty obvious. They must've been getting a lot of complaints of counterfeits.I havent noticed any yet myself.

Santiako

I miss Randy Buehler on coverage. He wasn't good for Standard/Modern/Limited since he didn't know half the cards, but I love his enthusiasm as you can see he genuinely loves magic.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
No proxies, no. This is one of the only chances most of the Vintage players get to actually play those Lotuses so I'm sure most are happy to do so.

I just had a silly thought. Has anybody graded their entire deck just so they can play some crazy expensive graded card in a deck?

I'm going to a Standard Showdown tournament with the mother of all jank piles. The basic token engine is in place but I don't know which synergy cards to play with it. So I'm playing with everything.

4x Hapatra, Vizier of Poison
4x Channeler Initiate
2x Exemplar of Strength
4x Obelisk Spider
4x Ammit Eternal
1x Baleful Ammit
1x Banewhip Punisher
2x Defiant Greatmaw
3x Crocodile of the Crossing

2x Supernatural Stamina
1x Arguel's Blood Fast
1x Destined//Lead
1x Driven//Despair
4x Nest of Scarabs
2x Cartouche of Ambition
2x Hour of Glory

22x Land

Santiako

Mishra's Workshop is such a stupid card.

I just had a silly thought. Has anybody graded their entire deck just so they can play some crazy expensive graded card in a deck?

What do you mean? Like, playing them in these plastic things?:

bfpIXpU.jpg

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Every time someone mentions Finkel I cringe remembering that asshole who wrote an entire article about how she refused to date him because he played Magic (even though he has a day job as a goddamn hedge fund manager).

Santiako

Yeah, lol.

Is there a way to make that tournament legal?

Probably not, you need to be able to shuffle/randomize properly and stuff like that.

There was a guy that made top 8 at a gp recently that played a quadrupled sleeved deck which was pretty funny to see.

Every time someone mentions Finkel I cringe remembering that asshole who wrote an entire article about how she refused to date him because he played Magic (even though he has a day job as a goddamn hedge fund manager).

I remember an image macro floating around during that shitstorm of a bunch of nerds smiling above 'MAKING FUN OF NERDS? NOT ON OUR TURF!' wish I had saved it.

Top Bottom