• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Magical Girl Friendship Squad (OT) SYFY's new ultra woke, feminist adult animation

Cybrwzrd

Banned
What a shame it is that punk culture and rebellious creative types have devolved to the point where they are no longer punk or rebellious in the slightest.

Normies ruin everything. Punk culture was counterculture, much like gaming or anime. It was something that those in the know cared about, but was seen as something gross or offensive from the outside. Then it became popularized and mainstream. Then it became bland and conformist, even preachy. Same could be said of homosexual culture. It was kinky and dirty. It was something normies didn't want to be a part of. Now it is everywhere and all the normies want to be a part of it, even going as far as making up ways to be included in it.

Last edited:

tkscz

Funny you mention Archer, tkscz tkscz

My cousin recommended that to me also and I gave up after first season as well

They have a tone so similar you'd think the same team wrote them both. Archer straight up changes like everything from season 2 onward. Kreiger speaks and is a Brazilian hitler clone, Pam goes from nice and meek to a whoops ass bitch (and has unexplained super human strength), Sheryl is a wealthy spoiled mental case. Damn, I forgot how boring all the characters outside of Archer himself were, who doesn't change from S1 to S2, but the characters all bounce off his asshattery better instead of just taking it. Some shows just have really bad season 1s.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what... this looks like a parody of wokeism. It's sincere?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I don’t understand.

Shows should be made on the presumption of making money.

Who - just WHO - may ever greenlight this abomination thinking there’s money to be made here?

tkscz

I don’t understand.

Who - just WHO - may ever greenlight this abomination thinking there’s money to be made here?

It's like I said in the woke thread in gaming, a lot of newer managing staff are woke leftist who believe "making money isn't important" until bored members and execs get a look at the numbers and merch sales and start handing out pink slips.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Imagine a modern SJW type trying to watch an older John Waters film like Pink Flamingos or Desperate Living lol

I was more or less a punk growing up, but I was also a big gamer and anime fan, and many of my friends were gay. The groups tended to get along as outcasts. Even had some crossover with the goths. People who were part of those groups were "cool", not because of the clothes they wore or the music they listened to, but they were cool because they had some adversity or danger in their life. I had friends who would hop rail cars and travel. We did drugs and took risks. The Lesbian and Gay members of my friends group had to deal with parental disapproval and potential homelessness and bullying. We were all a little damaged, but had developed personalities from doing these things.

Now you can go down to Hot Topic and buy a punk wardrobe and wrap yourself in a rainbow flag and you are celebrated for having a fake personality built from zero hardship and have your parents buy an art degree from Cal Arts.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I don’t understand.

This is no doubt made by people who sincerely are in the "prizes for participation" camp, and no doubt just having a few supporters in their ideological safe-space cheerleading them will be enough to make it a roaring success in their minds.

Because after all, anyone who has an issue with it must be part of the phallo-centric patriarchy, most likely a Trump supporting white-nationalist nazi.

Ballthyrm

Is there anything more retarded than feminism?

Depends which feminism:
  • 1st wave: we want to vote: okay it makes sense
  • 2nd wave: we want to work normal jobs and be payed for it and not be stuck as sex objects to make kids: still makes sense
  • 3rd wave: we don't want to all fill the mold of what a women is supposed to be: it starts to be blur the edges a bit of what they are actually asking
  • 4th wave: ??? : i gave up and i think a lot of women did too

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
Depends which feminism:
  • 1st wave: we want to vote: okay it makes sense
  • 2nd wave: we want to work normal jobs and be payed for it and not be stuck as sex objects to make kids: still makes sense
  • 3rd wave: we don't want to all fill the mold of what a women is supposed to be: starts to be blurry
  • 4th wave: ??? : i gave up and i think a lot of women did too
ok, 3rd wave onwards. Blue haired whale version.

I believe first and second wave are more egalitarianism than anything, they just had the feminism moniker.[

Mistake

Eh, Scifi was dead to me when they changed to Syfy. Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from apple stuff, but they had an “i” logo first. I haven’t watched it since

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Eh, Scifi was dead to me when they changed to Syfy. Maybe they wanted to distance themselves from apple stuff, but they had an “i” logo first. I haven’t watched it since

They went the route of all cable networks, leaving their niche to chase bigger profits and the mediocracy that comes from making money off normies.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
uzH2xhS.jpg

Cybrwzrd

Banned

They turned the display of # of replies off because this was getting ratioed so hard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom