• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Malaysia & Thailand will also see PS+ price increase for 1 & 3 months plans (in addition to between 47% to 76% increment for 12 months plans)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Additionally for Thailand and Malaysia, there are new prices for PlayStation Plus 1-month and 3-month plans:

PlayStation Plus Essential 1-Month Subscription
RM 32 | THB 240

PlayStation Plus Extra 1-Month Subscription
RM 49 | THB 360

PlayStation Plus Deluxe 1-Month Subscription
RM 55 | THB 420

PlayStation Plus Essential 3-Month Subscription
RM 75 | THB 560

PlayStation Plus Extra 3-Month Subscription
RM 125 | THB 920

PlayStation Plus Deluxe 3-Month Subscription
RM 145 | THB 1,060

Malaysia
  • PS Plus Essential
    • 1 month: RM 29 -> RM 32 (9%)
    • 3 months: RM 69 -> RM 75 (8.7%)
    • 12 months: RM 159 -> RM 235 (47.7%)
  • PS Plus Extra
    • 1 month: RM 44 -> RM 49 (11.3%)
    • 3 months: RM 114 -> RM 125 (9.6%)
    • 12 months: RM 269 -> RM 400 (48.7%)
  • PS Plus Deluxe
    • 1 month: RM 50 -> RM 55 (10%)
    • 3 months: RM 130 -> RM 145 (11.5%)
    • 12 months: RM 309 -> RM 460 (48.9%)
Thailand
  • PS Plus Essential
    • 1 month: THB 210 -> THB 240 (14.3%)
    • 3 months: THB 490 -> THB 560 (14.3%)
    • 12 months: THB 1190 -> THB 1830 (53.8%)
  • PS Plus Extra
    • 1 month: THB 320 -> THB 360 (12.5%)
    • 3 months: THB 810 -> THB 920 (13.6%)
    • 12 months: THB 2000 -> THB 3070 (53.5%)
  • PS Plus Deluxe
    • 1 month: THB 370 -> THB 420 (13.5%)
    • 3 months: THB 810 -> THB 1060 (30.9%)
    • 12 months: THB 2000 -> THB 3530 (76%)

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Damn It Wesley Snipes GIF by IMDb

Like every other subscription service this isn’t about increasing numbers anymore. It’s about increasing revenue.

That subscription model dream from a few years ago was basically never going to happen. It’s pretty clear now.

The only thing I’m realizing is I prefer to buy my games like i have always done lmao. I’ll start dropping some ganing subscriptions like I’ve done Netflix and some others

Last edited:

sainraja

They shouldn't be raising prices right now, so I wonder what the reason is behind raising them all of a sudden. Like, what is going on behind the scenes?

Also, personally, "new" content on a subscription service should matter more than the fact that it's first-party. I am not a big fan of where the industry seems to be going (heavy into subs) but if we want Sony/MS/Nintendo to fund more high-quality content, then I believe the expectation of day one first-party needs to go. I know, I know MS is big on that so they're not changing that anytime soon but....well, I guess we will see and hopefully I am wrong on this.

Last edited:

Godot25

Banned
I mean. It's not like Sony does not have a numbers on how many people are expected to unsubscribe after price hike. Fact that they went forward with it means that they are okay with loosing fer subscribers while gouging others way more money...

feynoob

Banned
Like every other subscription service this isn’t about increasing numbers anymore. It’s about increasing revenue.

That subscription model dream from a few years ago was basically never going to happen. It’s pretty clear now.

The only thing I’m realizing is I prefer to buy my games like i have always done lmao. I’ll start dropping some ganing subscriptions like I’ve done Netflix and some others
Brother, I have bad news for you. Our generation is fading and we have no power in this at the moment.
We have impulsive gamers who spend so much money on battle passes and mtx.
Sony, nintendo, EA, MS, Ubisoft, Activision all know this. Its why they are trying so hard to squeeze as much money as they can.

I think the days of good gaming is fading away. Its corporate greed at this stage.

sainraja

New TV shows and GaaS games.
If that is the case, I guess it is going towards "new" content, which is sort of what we all want, and hopefully Sony can find their "IT" GaaS game sooner so they can move on to something else such as the single-player action/adventure type of games. :D

MrTired

They shouldn't be raising prices right now, so I wonder what the reason is behind raising them all of a sudden. Like, what is going on behind the scenes?

Also, personally, "new" content on a subscription service should matter more than the fact that it's first-party. I am not a big fan of where the industry seems to be going (heavy into subs) but if we want Sony/MS/Nintendo to fund more high-quality content, then I believe the expectation of day one first-party needs to go. I know, I know MS is big on that so they're not changing that anytime soon but....well, I guess we will see and hopefully I am wrong on this.
Nothing happening behind the scenes there just leveraging being the market leader. Knowing that there will be minimal effect on the hardware sales and there will not be a mass exodus of people unsubscribing to PS plus.

sainraja

Nothing happening behind the scenes there just leveraging being the market leader. Knowing that there will be minimal effect on the hardware sales and there will not be a mass exodus of people unsubscribing to PS plus.
That's possible but I sort of doubt that given everything else that is also happening in the industry so I feel like there is more to it than we might realize. Still, it's not a good decision, no matter the reason.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Exactly have 80% of the market and people locked into digital libraries and sony can basically do what ever it wants. Not like people are going to abandon thier digit libraries to move to xbox or pc.

Glad I unsubbed 2 years and only got a month here or there when there was something free I wanted to play.

In the last 2 years, my Steam collection has outgrown my PS collection substantially. (which I've been building since PS3).I have 500 games in Steam and about 250 with PlayStation (excluding PS+ freebies).

I don't see how PlayStation can ever get back a costumer like me back into paying for a subscription when I have zero other subs in my life, except for 1 or 2 tiny ones for iPhone apps. (<$10 per year).

Still gonna get a PS5 Pro when it realeased so I guess I'm still a good customer, but I honestly no longer feel captive to the PlayStation ecosystem at all.

NickFire

I don't care what they charge for the middle and upper tiers. But the essential tier increase is run of the mill price gouging since you lose online access without it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The price increase for 12 months codes is a sky high increase %, BUT how are these prices compared to other regions?

Are the Thai/Malaysiashort term codes and 12 month code values now similar to other regions value equation? Or is it still out of whack?

Eyeballing it, the old 12 month codes look priced at pay for 6 months get 6 free. Now it’s priced at about 8 months, get 4 free.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Damn, way to piss off people who buy yearly extensions. Pretty terrible deal now when you can get ~7-8 months from monthly subs... so you can sub only when you have time and interesting online games to play.

dotnotbot

The price increase for 12 months codes is a sky high increase %, BUT how are these prices compared to other regions?

Are the Thai/Malaysiashort term codes and 12 month code values now similar to other regions value equation? Or is it still out of whack?

Eyeballing it, the old 12 month codes look priced at pay for 6 months get 6 free. Now it’s priced at about 8 months, get 4 free.

Easy to google it, RM 235 and THB 1830 to Euro equals ~47-48 so still a lot cheaper than in Europe. Those regions have their games and subs often much cheaper than rest of the world, unless publisher decides otherwise. For example turkish PS Store used to be a paradise but their currency keeps going down and some publishers decided to up the prices by hundreds of % in order to roughly match those in other Stores, probably because people from other regions are making secondary accounts to buy games cheaper there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom