• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man attends Livermore wine festival, drives drunk, kills a woman and her daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend was there both days. She says her friend lives in that same complex. Thankfully nothing bad happened to them. Those other folks weren't so lucky.

Scumbag drunk drivers...

Why is there even a legal limit for it to be considered drunk driving? Here's a great idea, make the legal limit 0. Saying "you can have this much alcohol in your system" before it's considered illegal to be driving under the influence just encourages people to think they're okay to drive.

shira

2NoyTvI.jpg

I can understand being a little tipsy after a wine or two, but this guy must've been drinking by the barrel. To total your vette and destroy housing. That's not even drunk. That's like blotto.

Fuck this guy, how the fuck did he walk into the court. Somebody should have stolen those sunglasses. Fuck him.

BigDug13

Jesus Christ. Why, why, why do people keep thinking that they are the person who will successfully drive home drunk?

He didn't simply try to "drive home drunk". he was speeding in a vette. He was making no attempt at being a success story.

.13 is above the legal limit, but it's an amount that says to me he was driving recklessly more than he was "super drunk serving all over the road". Either way he deserves the book thrown at him for ending lives through his recklessness through both vehicle and alcohol.

ChouGoku

Jesus Christ. Why, why, why do people keep thinking that they are the person who will successfully drive home drunk?

As someone who used to drive drunk a lot in a small town when I was younger, I will say they think they can because they do it all the time and never have an issue. Of course after getting pulled over drunk and not getting caught I took that as my warning. 1-2 drinks or I am ubering it, or staying at someones house

Granted I had a beat up mazda, and wasnt going super fast on a highway. (not that it makes it any better)

Honestly? Because most times they do just that. You think every convicted drunk driver was driving drunk the first time?

No way. They played roulette each time and always seemed to win so they kept at it.

Found this on another article: http://www.sfgate.com/crime/article...vermore-DUI-suspect-6243924.php#photo-7923227

Jones was charged in 2003 with misdemeanor drunken driving in Sacramento County for allegedly having a blood-alcohol level close to the legal limit of 0.08 percent, but he pleaded no contest to a lesser charge of reckless driving involving alcohol, also known as a “wet reckless” case, records show. Had the Livermore crash happened less than 10 years after the Sacramento County case, the earlier conviction could have been treated as a DUI offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom