• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Margit is EASY in Elden Ring

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
That was way less cringe and more fun than I expected, thx.

Well the whole Elden Ring is easy. It only took me 178 hours to beat the game. Also i DESTROYED the last boss after less than fifty tries. Also i didn't fight Malenia because i didn't want to beat a mutilated woman. Not fair.
It's fucking easy indeed. Honestly, if you used summons, a shield, blood or frost effects or didn't lobotomize your own brain before playing, then you actually didn't beat the game.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
margit was easy for me but i did decide to do everything i could in the starting areas of limgrave, mistborn, weeping peninsula before going to the castle. i didn't reach margit until ~25 hours.

i'd go as far to say Elden Ring was probably the easiest From Software game i've played. It's far too easy to become powerful. The balance of the game is not great. You'd need to try NOT explore all of the map and/or not level up too much. The game throws too many runes at you even if you do die often. Also the spirit summons are basically easy mode. If you did find the game challenging the summons will make everything easier. There were a lot of times I was going into boss fights, summoning, and almost instantly destroying a boss. It wasn't fun at all playing that way.

there were maybe only two fights in the entire game i really struggled with which were the twin gargoyles and malenia. there were a few annoying bosses but i got them after a few tries. the rest were all too easy and that's including the main bosses.

Last edited:
That was way less cringe and more fun than I expected, thx.

It's fucking easy indeed. Honestly, if you used summons, a shield, blood or frost effects or didn't lobotomize your own brain before playing, then you actually didn't beat the game.
I don't know what really kills me.

The derpy looking character faces
The delayed attack mimick of Margit with the overhead staff
Or the player screaming when switching items

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I don't know what really kills me.

The derpy looking character faces
The delayed attack mimick of Margit with the overhead staff
Or the player screaming when switching items
For me? All of those + the spirit ambulance summon.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
EhYFb0d.png

Plantoid

Whole game is "easy" I have to challenge myself to no use a shield or bleed or magic so the game becomes more fair

Last edited:
Did you read his post?
Yes I have. His not wrong, the bosses are not that difficult with exception of Milenia. And I myself have plenty of 0 hit kill guides on our YouTube channel without even using any magic or spells.

And some of the videos have over 100k views. But people are too lazy to understand game mechanics and boss patterns and behavior hence why they think the game is brutally difficult when it is not. Lol.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
They say it’s easy, but you still died multiple times trying to achieve victory. You still put in over 100 hours to finish the game. I got my money’s worth from it. I’d happily play a sequel or some DLC.

It’s also easy when you’re a level 120+. It’s not the same perspective when you’re level 1-50 and you get killed by 2-3 hits.

I think people are just better at this type of genre. This isn’t the sleeper hit from Japan anymore. It’s all over the internet with guides spilling out of Google searches.

Yes I have. His not wrong, the bosses are not that difficult with exception of Milenia. And I myself have plenty of 0 hit kill guides on our YouTube channel without even using any magic or spells.

And some of the videos have over 100k views. But people are too lazy to understand game mechanics and boss patterns and behavior hence why they think the game is brutally difficult when it is not. Lol.
You didn't read his post. Or you don't understand sarcasm.

Certinty

I couldn't even get Margit down a quarter in health and gave up on the game. Waste of money but whatever, I suck at these games.

Methos#1975

Well the whole Elden Ring is easy. It only took me 178 hours to beat the game. Also i DESTROYED the last boss after less than fifty tries. Also i didn't fight Malenia because i didn't want to beat a mutilated woman. Not fair.
I plat it under 112 hours lol

TintoConCasera

Who cares? As you play the game you get stronger and get better at the game, I mean that’s entire nature of playing video games. Majority of people in including me is not good at this game from get go.
I guess some players are scared of an actual challenge, and that's something we have to accept.

Methos#1975

Every boss is easy except Malenia because she doesn't even follow the rules of this game
Even she can be easy if you do a cheese build, I pumped my points into ones that buffed the Fallingstar Beast Jaw and then fully upgraded mimic tear and spammed it's special. It's pretty much super easy mode. I cannot even really believe they made it as dominating as it is against bosses.

ParaSeoul

Maybe this just me but to me makes her fight fun. In Sekiro you have Demon of Hatred that fights very different rest of the boss you faced so boss but that what makes fight exciting.
I've never played Sekiro but I've heard good things. Malenia just seems like they couldn't make a boss hard by using the Elden Ring rules so they made it the way it is.

ParaSeoul

Even she can be easy if you do a cheese build, I pumped my points into ones that buffed the Fallingstar Beast Jaw and then fully upgraded mimic tear and spammed it's special. It's pretty much super easy mode. I cannot even really believe they made it as dominating as it is against bosses.
Yeah thats how I beat her. Using those OP builds makes her beatable in less than 10 seconds if you know what you're doing. Just makes it feel even more cheap.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What a shit deal i just used a pc trainer and beat the game in 10 or less.

I doodoo on your achivements

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Gold Member
Twitter respects you for not attacking Amber Heard.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I've never played Sekiro but I've heard good things. Malenia just seems like they couldn't make a boss hard by using the Elden Ring rules so they made it the way it is.
In my opinion some games you need boss fight that changed up the rules the make the fight exciting, this even true with Monster Hunter, there are Elder Dragons that fights very different that rest of the monsters you faced so far and dont follow your typical hunts but it gives nice variety and makes the fight interesting.

Kuranghi

I beat the final boss of my work today by smashing my sales target, yussssssss. I also sold a TV to the golden horse guy, he's very happy with it, here's footage of me and a shop colleague completing the sale:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I couldn't even get Margit down a quarter in health and gave up on the game. Waste of money but whatever, I suck at these games.

I suck at these games too, and Elden Ring is the first I’ve managed to finish.

Don’t give up. Check out some build guides as that will help, along with just leveling up. The nice thing about Elden Ring is that if you hit a wall, you can go somewhere else and return when you’re stronger.

JCK75

I was too intimidated to play it but got into it a few weeks back, beat it on PC, about to beat it on ps4 and am starting a mage on Xbox Series X.. I like it

gow3isben

Elden Ring is piss easy compared to Bloodborne and Sekiro because of the dam ashes. I regret using it on multiple bosses. Mohg and Godfrey were so much more fun without them.

I’d say the game is more a test of patience than skill and my patience has unfortunately waned.

I don't know specifically what you refer to but I think this is absolutely true of many of the bosses if you don't use ashes. Most bosses have very few guaranteed openings and they have genuine mixups where the only winning choice is to cower in a corner or behind a shield and wait for the RNG to give you the chance... alternatively to dual wield the most powerful weapons you can find, pump HP and spam jumping dual wield attack. Like, they're absolutely possible to beat without taking damage but only if you play in the most boring way possible, or in some cases memorise parry timings. Remember when Bloodborne took away shields because they "engender passivity"? If you try to fight like previous games you are subjected to, again, mixups in addition to undodgeable combos, roll catches, arbitrary combo extends, arbitrary attack delays, lingering AOEs, backstepping during the punish to take the piss, omnipotent heal counters (I don't even mind heal counters but if the animation starts the instant I hit a button with no delay that's silly). The effect of all of that is that you cannot move unless the boss uses one of their two or three guaranteed punishable attacks which, again, is subject to RNG.

Malenia is a shit boss too largely because of that attack. You know the one. The attack where if you're within 20ft of the boss at any point she can just kill you unless you use a method of dodging so counterintuitive that you'll have to watch a video to figure it out, and technically difficult to perform in addition. Of course you can just use Mimic Tear and gank her to death in the corner with no challenge whatsoever if you so choose! Fun. I'd sooner take Bed of Chaos and that awful run up to it.

I will never understand why people will search and read guides for a game and then ay following these guides.

Isn't that like skipping the fun and challenging Part of the game?
Id rather spent more hours on the game learning its mechanichs then reading guides.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I will never understand why people will search and read guides for a game and then ay following these guides.

Isn't that like skipping the fun and challenging Part of the game?
Id rather spent more hours on the game learning its mechanichs then reading guides.

There’s just no way I could do the side quests without the guides. Finding people in my travels is no problem. But then they’re off to several other locations, much of it stretching into the end game.

ER is the most engagement I’ve had with a game in ages. I started off on my own, but after a while looked into effective builds, and there’s honestly so many possibilities. I completed the game and have gone back to mop up things I missed - some of it I couldn’t get back to.

So guides in this case are a godsend. Well, for me at least.

Top Bottom