• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario and Luigi 2 Scan - Best Looking GameOTY

olimario

Banned
41391020050811_045200_0_big.jpg

Perfect

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
So whats the story with Alphadream are they an in-house team or what? I know they did some hamtaro game tomato adventure.

Ironclad

I like the style a lot. M & L is one of my favorite GBA games. All I hope for this title is that it is funnier than the original M & L. That one had some great humor, and I hope this one does as well.

Anamoly

Exactly why does this game need two screens again? Any touchscreen implementation that we know about? This could've easily been done on the GBA. I mean it will still rock and all but geez...

temp

posting on contract only
Anamoly said:
Exactly why does this game need two screens again? Any touchscreen implementation that we know about? This could've easily been done on the GBA. I mean it will still rock and all but geez...
I'm pretty sure it uses one screen for each pair of Mario and Luigi. And it uses the extra buttons, too.

sammy

this was awesome at E3 ---- The animations were kicked up a notch, and it's amazing what the little extra-room on the DS-screen does for it ..... not to mention, there's 2 screens of the art!

Hope it retains its humor, I'm sure they can put plenty DS gags in.

temp

posting on contract only
Oblivion said:
WRONG! It should look like Super Mario World. Those were the best Mario sprites ever.
I don't know, something about Mario World always looked sort of off to me. The goombas Mario especially. I mean, I guess Mario wasn't bad looking, but he doesn't look as Mario-y as Mario from the Super Mario Bros. 1 or 3. Really, I just like the look of Mario 3 the best, I think. Maybe it's just the settings, something about the wood and tile ground is really cool to me.

temp

posting on contract only
B'z-chan said:
So did princess peach really have twins? Cause if so thats great i'm happy for her. :lol

the game looks great.
Mario and Luigi travel back in time and meet themselves as kids.

Thomper

I just (finally) bought the original the other day, and it's a great game. Original, and just a great RPG overall. This is on my must-buy list for 2005.

jarrod

Banned
Ironclad_Ninja said:
Second party developer, AFAIK.
Nope, entirely 3rd party. They're made up of mainly ex-Square staff iirc, and Nintendo took an interest in their first title (Gimmick Land GBC, which eventually became Tomato Adventure GBA). Here's their full gameography...

Tomato Adventure (GBA) 2002
Tottoko Hamtaro: Rainbow Rescue (GBA) 2003
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (GBA) 2003
Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Games (GBA) 2004
Mario & Lugi 2 (DS) 2005
Tottoko Hamtaro Ham Ham Q (DS) 2005

Zeo

Banned
Woo hoo, I can see it. This looks friggin' awesome.

The artstyle is fantastic. I can't wait to see a lot more of it in motion.

Mallrat83

Banned
I love the Mario RPG franchise, even if all the game aren't related to each other (Paper Mario and Paper Mario 2 notwithstanding).

This game needs the DS mainly due to the face buttons, but there are also some great uses of the second screen. I do not know of any touch screen features.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Himuro said:
The original Mario and Luigi was the first time I was ever embarassed playing a game simply because of it's story. Seriously. A fucking 100 year old soda come to life and attempt to kill you?

WHAT THE FUCK?

Phantom Brave has a pretty embarassing story itself... It just seems way too kiddy and early Disney to be any sort of entertaining. The game itself is quite good though.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I absolutely hated Mario and Luigi. I'll try to give this one a shot but it doesn't look like they've improved the battle system any.

sammy

Himuro said:
The original Mario and Luigi was the first time I was ever embarassed playing a game simply because of it's story. Seriously. A fucking 100 year old soda come to life and attempt to kill you?

WHAT THE FUCK?

- sat·ire -
n. 2. Irony, sarcasm, or caustic wit used to attack or expose.

Thomper

Himuro said:

WHAT THE FUCK?
It was 1000 years old, I thought. But yes, it is ridiculess. So what?

Memles

The animation/sprite work looks much more dynamic than the initial E3 Media displayed, so I'm quite impressed.

I'm hoping for a Boxing Day deal on the DS and perhaps some games to pick up the system, and this is one I'd likely pick up.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
I wasnt a very big fan of the original but it was fun to play. As long as they keep it like that I wont mind:)

Kroole

Hopefully they improve the humour. I loved Paper Mario 2 but Mario&Luigi just didn't do it for me. It was a fun game though but many things could be improved. For example the bosses were far too easy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Himuro said:

WHAT THE FUCK?
Actually it was wine. They called it soda for the American release.

I have no proof of that, actually, but come on. French guys brewing SODA? Yeah, right.

I'd be willing to bet $100 that it was actually wine in the Japanese version.

Top Bottom