• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario pictures from Voice Mini-Game at GC: IT AIN'T REVOLUTION

Can't possibly be from Mario 128, can it?

http://www.insidegamer.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29955

scr_001.jpg

scr_002.jpg

scr_003.jpg

BuddyC

Hey guys remember the last time Nintendo showed a bunch of stuff in secret and no one said anything about it and all those pictures leaked out exposing it to the world?

Oh yea, you don't.

edit: Thanks John.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Didn't anyone read that other thread, about the Convention?

Someone already posted these.

Forgot who.

Said it was from a mini-game at the Nintendo booth.

Voice activated, the crowd controlls Lakuta to dodge stuff by shouting.

The end.

Thomper

Nerevar said:
I don't know where it's from but this:

makes me think it's a fake.
It says "a shame it's probably fake", and then a sad smiley. ;) The 'rumor' comes from NGCFrance, who have done more of this fake Revolutioning lately.

Vieo

Even if it's just a demo, for a Mario related game it looks perfect. Mario games have never been about eye-popping stellar graphics.

StephaneC

Thomper said:
It says "a shame it's probably fake", and then a sad smiley. ;) The 'rumor' comes from NGCFrance, who have done more of this fake Revolutioning lately.
no NGCFrance just add watermark on this screen, screens and rumor are not from NGCFrance

Timen

it was some kind of audience game where you had to shout to make the character go left or right.

as it was explained in the other TWO treads this picture had come across

Zeo

Banned
belgurdo said:
What was "non-Mario" about Sunshine, specifically?

See, since it didn't have the same exact setting as every other Mario game ever and tried something new, it was "non-Mario".

(Yes, I like the "real-Mario" setting better, but Sunshine's setting isn't that bad.)

mCACGj

StephaneC said:
it's not fake guys, this games was on Games Convention ... it's was just minigames who use voice command

How did this use voice command? Are there any details or...?

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
Seeing as MS have a headset with a microphone all ready to go with the 360 and it's in the DS and it's been used loads of times before etc, I very much doubt we need to worry about this being the revolutionary aspect they don't want to reveal as their competitors might copy it. It may be part of it I suppose.

That's mainly in reply to the post fr4nz linked to btw.

Vieo

Meh. Can't blame people for calling fake. There has been nothing but fakes since E3.

StephaneC said:
public (or player) must cry to move on right or left ... maybe revolution functionalities

Maybe that's what Nintendo meant about making games easier to play. The controller can detect when the player is having a hard time with the game (e.g. crying, throwing controller, growling, cursing, etc.). The game then adjusts based on the player's emotions to make the game's difficulty easier.

Thomper

StephaneC said:
no NGCFrance just add watermark on this screen, screens and rumor are not from NGCFrance
Yeah, sorry, read the Games Convention topic a minute later. My fault, apologies, etc.

StephaneC

Vieo said:
Maybe that's what Nintendo meant about making games easier to play. The controller can detect when the player is having a hard time with the game (e.g. crying, throwing controller, growling, cursing, etc.). The game then adjusts based on the player's emotions to make the game's difficulty easier.
yes sure but sorry for "cry" it's "shout" or "yell" ... I wasn't on the games convention

nightez

Banned
Zeo said:
No like Super Mario thats the kind of art direction ppeeps like me grew up with. I really like the heavily stylized look and retro designs like that giant bullet from SMS.

Ranger X

Vieo said:
Even if it's just a demo, for a Mario related game it looks perfect. Mario games have never been about eye-popping stellar graphics.

Nah. When Super Mario Bros came out it was awesome graphics. When SMB3 came out i almost died of awesomeness, Super Mario World was top notch at it's time and Super Mario 64 too. Only Sunshine sucked for it's time.

rainer516

That crazy Japanese Moon Language
Wyzdom said:
Nah. When Super Mario Bros came out it was awesome graphics. When SMB3 came out i almost died of awesomeness, Super Mario World was top notch at it's time and Super Mario 64 too. Only Sunshine sucked for it's time.
You have to understand, for someone like me, Mario Sunshine had the best water and heat effects I'd ever seen. The textures were bad, but the overall design of things was awesome.

Top Bottom