• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario, Princess Peach & Toad Nintendo 3DS Editions coming (European CN only)

gerudoman

It seems that a couple of days ago Nintendo drew some EU 3DS because their owners still hadn't introduced their adresses. Thanks to it I got a Toad one, it really came out of the blue.

Thanks anonymous friend for deleting your email or sending it to the spam folder! :D

Just what i went for and did not win :( knew i shouldve gone for peach or mario arggh

EDIT: My mate won a mario one, so happy for him so dissapointed for me , the thing is i signed him up while he was in america

You should go splitsies then.
I'd claim the top half, as it has the awesome paint job.

BowieZ

Banned
This arrived today.

6xKAy.jpg

BowieZ

Banned
What country do you live in?
When I gave Nintendo my address the email reply I got said they would be sending the 3DS at the end of May, so I wasn't expecting to get it until the end of June or later going by how long it usually takes to get a Club Nintendo reward from them.
Australia. Got the winning email 3 and a half weeks ago, and they said allow up to 4 weeks delivery. Was expecting it this week but not first thing Monday morning :p

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. Not only the outside, but GLORIOUS WHITE INTERIOR.

Acrylic7

Australia. Got the winning email 3 and a half weeks ago, and they said allow up to 4 weeks delivery. Was expecting it this week but not first thing Monday morning :p

IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL. Not only the outside, but GLORIOUS WHITE INTERIOR.

.... well, are you going to show us?

zroid

Banned
Ugh why did I enter this thread again, it always takes my (NoA-induced) depression meter up a couple notches.

gerudoman

What a coincidende. It seems that there has been a third draw and NoE has sent the winning emails today. So, euro friends without one, keep faith and check your email!

b3b0p

I hate NoA.
I hate Reggie.

We never get this cool stuff over here in the U.S.

Last decent cool system I can remember:

GBA micro Famicom

and previously:

NES GBA SP

My Princess Peach edition arrived today. Unfortunately the mailman left it with neighbours we don't know. They weren't home. One and a half hour later I managed to get the package, but then my wife was on the phone for hours. (I promised it to her, so she got to open it). By the time she got off the phone she was already half asleep and the daylight was long gone.

The package was covered in lots of NOE tape and a large sticker telling me to check if the package had been tampered with and if so, warn the mailman before accepting it, really handy then that the mailman left it with random neighbours. The 3DS box was loose in the package and one corner got damaged a bit, quite surprising that they didn't package a rare item better.

The 3DS looks great, the top has a nice quality finish. The first thing I noticed is that the hinge seems to snap firmly in place, while the hinge of my 3DS is really loose, time to get that fixed. The rubber bumpers also seem a bit larger.

My wife feels it might be too nice looking to use, which is ofcourse a decision to make with a rare item. All in all I am really happy with it and surprised to have won something for a change.

Anyone in the UK received their 3DS yet? I feel like a kid constantly watching for the postman each day, but I just know my luck will be that it'll get "lost" in the post.

OMG Aero

Anyone in the UK received their 3DS yet? I feel like a kid constantly watching for the postman each day, but I just know my luck will be that it'll get "lost" in the post.
The email I got from Nintendo when I submitted my address says "We will be sending out your exclusive Nintendo 3DS system around the end of May." so I wouldn't expect it until June.

dock

I do wonder when my new 3DS will arrive in UK! I hope it's soon!

I still need to decide what to do with my old one. I'm happy to use my new one as my main.

Apparently I would've gotten my Peach 3DS today, but nobody was there to take the parcel, so I'll have to get it from the post office tomorrow. Too bad, one more day of waiting. (Germany here.)

I do wonder when my new 3DS will arrive in UK! I hope it's soon!

I still need to decide what to do with my old one. I'm happy to use my new one as my main.
Think I'm gonna keep my old one for now and then try and move my personal data to the next 3DS revision. I don't want to burn off any of my eshop "lives" so I think Super Mushroom 3DS might just live in its box, sadly. I really hate the whole "5 lives" thing / 3DS transfer.

Chopper

Think I'm gonna keep my old one for now and then try and move my personal data to the next 3DS revision. I don't want to burn off any of my eshop "lives" so I think Super Mushroom 3DS might just live in its box, sadly. I really hate the whole "5 lives" thing / 3DS transfer.
Wat?

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/NOE/en_GB/support/nintendo_3ds_32020_46996.html

From the FAQ:
How many times can I transfer data between Nintendo 3DS systems?

The number of transfers is limited to a total of five for each Nintendo eShop account.

The number of transfers left will be displayed on both systems when carrying out the transfer and when selecting which systems to transfer with. The number of transfers you have left will be reset to 5 if you delete your Account Activity in Nintendo eShop.

Can I make a transfer if either of the systems involved has zero transfers left?

If a system has zero remaining transfers, you cannot transfer to it, or from it. The number of remaining transfers is linked to the Nintendo eShop account on the system: deleting the Nintendo eShop account will reset the number of transfers to 5, but will also completely delete any software titles or applications obtained via Nintendo eShop.
It sucks cos, given the nature of system transfer, it makes it really hard upgrading / part exchanging my current 3DS for a new model to take advantage of the inevitable 3DS upgrade deals as the transfer requires use of the internet, and I doubt stores will allow customers to hang around and piggy back off their internet for whatever amount of time. I can see my LE 3DS being used as a stepping stone but given the whole "5 Lives" thing, it does seem a waste.

Chopper

Well, it's enough to put me off buying any new colours unless I'm absolutely desperate. Lame.

Oh well, my soon-to-be out-of-print launch Ambassador Aqua Blue version is bound to be more valuable than these ugly things in the future anyway...

dock

Wow, that 5 lives system is ridiculous!! D: wtf Nintendo. So your content will effectively slowly expire. :/

Data, that's beautiful! I fear how many of these beautiful toys will live their life untouched.
Yeah. What can I say, it actually took a moment for me before I could bring myself to touch it, because it looked so nice and pristine.

I feel like it should be a rule that if someone gets their 3DS they should post what country they are in so other people know whether to get excited or continue counting the days.
Germany. It got here yesterday, but I could only pick it up from the post office today.

DRZ

If someone interested, I have a Mario one never opened for sale to the best offer. PM me for pictures or details.

Fox1304

It arrived :D
Was afraid since I was contacted by a Nintendo Rep telling me my address was incorrect, whereas it was.
But it got here this morning.

Now I'm the proud owner of a Zelda 3DS and a Peach 3DS.

Will sell one, since I need money for my newly bought apartment, but I'm not sure which one yet. If anybody's interested, feel free to send me a PM.

Anyway, Picture !

Top Bottom