• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 - PS5 Leak

VulcanRaven

Sounds good. Winter environments sound great but it could get boring after some time. I hope there are other seasons too. I like this part:

• The black suit is switched on with a simple button press, then switched off again.
  • Speaker had this to say: "Taking major inspiration from Web of Shadows, we knew that the symbiote system in this game needed to be as fluid and fun as possible". So for anyone who predicted a Web of Shadows style system, you guessed correctly, and I'm glad you did.
  • "But that's not all we have to show you-", the speaker said. The suit selection screen is opened once more, and most of the suits are greyed out. However, the advanced suit and the webbed suit (raimi suit) are available.
  • The advanced suit is selected, and then the black suit is switched on. "Every suit has their own symbiote version-", the speaker said.
  • The webbed suit is then selected, and my contact said that it took him back to 2007, when Spider-Man 3 was released. It looked beautiful.

Every suit has their own symbiote version. I hope that is true.

Last edited:

RPS37

Was hoping for a picture or potato video, not a wall of text that I wouldn’t read even if it wasn’t clearly fake.

Javthusiast

Banned
grain-of-salt-300x282.jpg

xool

Spiderman was the best exclusive PS4 game this gen imo. Fuck Peter Parker though.

• Peter walking through New York as himself. Snow is accumulating on his jacket. Footprints in the snow are present, both by the player as well as citizens walking around.
  • Three different weather types are shown: Light rain, Light snow, heavy snow.
  • Speaker says there are about 7 dynamic weather types in-game.

Yep that's a Sony game.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
They just had a story/tech showreel and discussion meeting over Zoom, and my contact has shared everything the main "Speaker" discussed and what was shown. I made sure they took notes of the important bits.

has shared = singular
made sure they took = plural
contradiction

Knowing the audience they could be using the gender neutral singular they... ok yeah... not really serious, but...

xool

I hope there is Peter Parker gameplay. That is big part of Spider-Man. I hope we can go inside his home in this game.
His scientific incompetence turned nice Dr. Octopus into a monster. But everyone forgets that. Then this little prick has the temerity to lecture him about being "bad man" when he defeats him.

Not a fan.

mortal

No corroborating source or means of identify the source as credible. Why even share it? Do people just not care about credibility anymore when reporting or sharing "leaks"?

Any idiot can generate a false rumor, especially when you can post one anonymously to a reddit full of "rumors" and "leaks" .

Nankatsu

Snow? That's exactly what they did with Arkham City - also the second title of the Arkham series.

Seems a bit unoriginal if you ask me.

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Snow? That's exactly what they did with Arkham City - also the second title of the Arkham series.

Seems a bit unoriginal if you ask me.
People would complain if the city looked exactly the same. The change of season is a good thing. We haven't seen winter in a open-world Spider-Man game yet.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
I don't bother reading these long thought out bullshit leaks. Just like I didn't partake much in the spec/rumor thread. 99% of em are all bullshit in the end.

Ristifer

People would complain if the city looked exactly the same. The change of season is a good thing. We haven't seen winter in a open-world Spider-Man game yet.
I agree with this. But I hope they would make it truly next-gen, and have the weather actually change. Doesn't always need to be snowing. It can melt for a while and change, but then snow randomly or whatever.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
A lot of elements make me think this could be true, but at the same time it look like what a fanboy would want.

Time will tell but "Every suit has their own symbiote version-" this is awesome

Vawn

Banned
So the same people slamming Microsoft for milking their core franchises let Sony off the hook for making sequel after sequel.

Yeah, I've lost count how many Spider-Man games Insomniac has made so far.

Oh wait. Yeah. One.

And those complaining about Halo, Gears, Forza aren't saying there are too many Halo, Gears, Forza games - it's that there isn't enough games that AREN'T Halo, Gears, Forza. There's a big difference.

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
So the same people slamming Microsoft for milking their core franchises let Sony off the hook for making sequel after sequel.

Microsoft are free to make as many halo or forza game as many as they want

Let the people decide if they still want the game or not

And this is the second spiderman game

Too early for you to judge this game as milked franchise

Last edited:

Dodkrake

Banned
They just had a story/tech showreel and discussion meeting over Zoom, and my contact has shared everything the main "Speaker" discussed and what was shown. I made sure they took notes of the important bits.

has shared = singular
contradiction

People often use "they" to refer to genderless actor. Not to say the leak is legit, but wanted to point that out.

lets hope they make the side quests right this time, the first game's side quests were all fetch quests with no fun activities
Yup. I did a few side quests here and there until I realized how samey every one was.

The meat and potatoes of the game (other than the MJ and Miles stuff) was great so if they can beef up the quality of the side content I would be hyped.

trikster40

has shared = singular
contradiction

that’s not a contradiction, you would use“they” there if you don’t want to specify a gender.

a friend gave me a present. I gave it back to them.

Top Bottom