• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel to re-evaluate phases 5 and 6 after knowingly having a poor quality phase 4

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
If they can nail the x-men i think that'll be the shot in the arm it needs. They need to get them involved yesterday though and stop dragging this shit out.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If they can nail the x-men i think that'll be the shot in the arm it needs. They need to get them involved yesterday though and stop dragging this shit out.
People have already seen X-Men.

What they're actually missing is truly exciting directors. Only reason X-Men was great was because Bryan Singer made some incredible action scenes in X2, and the casting was spot on for many of them.

Short of getting Chad Stahelski or whatever, I don't see X-Men doing a whole lot honestly. People have seen all this shit before.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
People have already seen X-Men.

What they're actually missing is truly exciting directors. Only reason X-Men was great was because Bryan Singer made some incredible action scenes in X2, and the casting was spot on for many of them.

Short of getting Chad Stahelski or whatever, I don't see X-Men doing a whole lot honestly. People have seen all this shit before.
They've seen the xmen but they haven't seen them interact with any of these characters in this world. An Avengers vs X-men movie for example could have been awesome. Wolverine interacting with Captain America in ww2 would have been awesome to see. Wolverine vs Hulk etc.

Billbofet

I love X-Men and love FF even more. I look forward to them being rolled in, but I think it's too late if I'm being honest - hope I'm wrong.
I would prefer a hiatus of all these 3rd tier characters and then come out with X and FF characters separate from all the trash they have put out lately.
And not that I want these to be gritty versions of X and F, but if it's more of the MCU humor where it's all yuck yucks and smarmy humor, I think it does a disservice to the characters - like what they did to Thor is unforgivable.

Adeptus

I liked MCU for years, but I don't think that there is way to make it as big, as it was. Even if quality will be better than recently, it is just "material fatigue".

AmuroChan

They've seen the xmen but they haven't seen them interact with any of these characters in this world. An Avengers vs X-men movie for example could have been awesome. Wolverine interacting with Captain America in ww2 would have been awesome to see. Wolverine vs Hulk etc.

We saw a little bit of that with Prof X in Multiverse of Madness and that was largely pretty meh. Wolverine we'll see in Deadpool 3 next year.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
We saw a little bit of that with Prof X in Multiverse of Madness and that was largely pretty meh. Wolverine we'll see in Deadpool 3 next year.

Imagine winning a mind game against the most powerful mutant when it comes to mind. God that movie was so trash holy fuck. Marvel does not need better ideas, they need better writers, but that will never happen.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

That won't be the MCU wolverine. Unless of course they go with X23 instead.

Yes understood. There will be a new Wolverine at some point in the MCU, but Deadpool 3 is part of the MCU and Jackman's Wolverine will be one version (albeit brief) of Wolverine within the MCU. Now that the multiverse has been introduced, you're going to get multiple versions of different characters in the MCU anyway.

Doom85

I think Norton trashed his chances to return as Hulk with how difficult he is to work with(he's notorious for rewriting his lines or argueing for scene changes to what he thinks is better).

Yeah, if you see the movie Birdman (with Michael Keaton), I think Norton’s character was meant to be an exaggerated version of how he can be on set and such.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
I want them to persist and crash and burn in the most spectacular fashion.

That's the only way we'll see a definitive end to that trash.
I don’t want that. I want them to return to making good movies. The properties are really good with lots of great stories. They can do it, they just need to focus on the right things.

Billbofet

Their swamp-ass tv shows have damaged the brand too much by adding homework in order to get the most out of the spiraling-downward-in-quality movies. It's all just becoming a blob of the same shit.
For example, The Marvels genuinely looks like it should be a Disney+ show as it has a made for tv sheen to it. The movies and shows are almost at parity.

Top Bottom