• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MARVEL vs. CAPCOM Fighting Collection: Arcade Classics Announced | Nintendo Direct 2024.6.18

PeteBull

You pulled this stat outta your ass.
Go check any sales data threads, i pulled it from there :p

Edit:
There u go, uk may monthly charts, hellblade debut aka MS blockbuster new game- not even in top10, all data is there for us to see :)

Last edited:

Mokus

I think I will buy the physical versions on the PS5 (PS4) and the Switch too. Maybe also on Steam when it's on sale.

Last edited:

Needlecrash

I never would have imagined this collection be a reality. Getting all vs titles with rollback netcode too is a MASSIVE surprise. Especially with MvC2. Most know it's a licensing NIGHTMARE with Disney. Since they own all Marvel properties (minus Spider Man since it's joint owned by Sony) I guess....why not at this point?

I'll be triple dipping for this for sure since a physical release is confirmed for both Switch and PS4 versions.

Real talk. I NEVER would have imagined MvC2 getting re-released too. Still mind blown about it too.

Also, I have to thank Max for this too. He's been advocating the re-release for MvC2 for years now and since he's got such a MASSIVE pull for his audience, I think Capcom possibly took notice and said "There's a demand. Let's fulfill it."

I have another theory. EVO is a month away. This COULD have been announced during that time but it didn't. Maybe something new is in the pipeline....??

Last edited:
Seriously, what is our best guess as to why this is not coming to Xbox? It this a purely financial decision by Capcom? Or is someone paying them to keep it from Xbox? I don't get this. What are the chances it's releasing on there at a later point in time? I thought in modern engines you simply press a button to export your project to a different platform? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Something tells me it will get a digital-only 2025 release. Why it's not part of the launch release systems is anyone's guess. But I can't imagine any of the other platform holders paying to keep it off Xbox, unless they went all the way and paid for overall exclusivity( which would be horrible and rightfully set the internet ablaze).

cireza

Still have all the available titles on Saturn. Love COTA, awesome game and unbelievable port back then, far from arcade perfect of course, but still a huge achievement. Backgrounds were fantastic in COTA and MSH.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
All this time I forgot I had MvC Origins and MvC2 on PS3 already. This is far more convenient and I don’t have to pull out my Saturn for the rest of the games. Marvel is weird. I pull out an old iPad to play the X-Men arcade game and MvC2 on iOS from time to time.

I’m glad it’s not a dysfunctional mess.

FlyyGOD

Go check any sales data threads, i pulled it from there :p

Edit:
There u go, uk may monthly charts, hellblade debut aka MS blockbuster new game- not even in top10, all data is there for us to see :)
Where's the stat saying gamepass affects sales?

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
Are these just gonna be crappy rom dumps like the SF 30th Anniversary Collection?
I mean that game doesnt even allow 3x kicks/punches on one button.
SF 30th did SFIII so dirty - especially in comparison to SFIII Online edition of the PS360 days.
All these recent Capcom collections have been bare minimum low effort.
It wasn't a great collection, but helicopter Ken SFII' and the first console port of native widescreen SFIII: Second Impact are so good...
wolf of wall street omg GIF

Last edited:

pepodmc_

Why even put the Punisher in that collection? Is it really better than Final Fight and Streets of Rage?
it was never released aside arcades. Only a downgraded megadrive port.
And yeah, its better than final fight.
i mean, final fight is a CLASSIC, but the punisher is a lot better gameplay wise.

Streets of rage its from sega. I would say that bare knuckle 3 and the punisher are on the same league gameplay wise.

Last edited:

NeverYouMind

Gold Member
i mean, final fight is a CLASSIC, but the punisher is a lot better gameplay wise.
It really is not. Every character in Final Fight plays different. Punisher just has copy 'n paste Nick Fury. It has better pick-up weapons, but the bosses are lamer and the stages are shorter and more generic.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I will roast the shit out of all of you in MvC 2 with my Omega Red / Psylocke / Jill Valentine team. (Assuming I still have muscle memory and reflexes from 20 years ago.)

sachos

HELL YEAH! One of the best fighting games ever is finally free! Plus all its older brothers. Now we need a Capcom vs SNK collection and we are all set!

RaduN

Curious about The Punisher. Emulation, as far as i know, is not perfect in neither mame nor FBneo for this game (most/all cps1 games have some kind of timing issues).
So basically if they use mame or FBneo, they are obligated to share with the comunity, any new code they might add to the source (if any).

rkofan87

Gold Member
Seriously, what is our best guess as to why this is not coming to Xbox? It this a purely financial decision by Capcom? Or is someone paying them to keep it from Xbox? I don't get this. What are the chances it's releasing on there at a later point in time? I thought in modern engines you simply press a button to export your project to a different platform? :messenger_tears_of_joy:
its about mt same thing happen with gaa set.

poodaddy

Gold Member
Any talk of a release date? I know they said this year, but it seems pretty ready to go. I hope it's within the next month or two.

PeteBull

Where's the stat saying gamepass affects sales?
Its combo of low xbox sales(series s+x is currently below xbox one launch alligned)+ gamepass conditioning players to never pay for games anymore+ day1 on pc so 0 exclusives, result is- basically no1 on xbox buys games anymore, ppl who did moved to pc or sit on gamepass, cant be helped bro, there is a reason ms is publushing games on other platforms, they simply need dat profitability.

radewagon

My god. Finally we can play the Punisher on consoles. A game that has been locked away for decades.

Capcom must do Alien Vs Predator next. It would be a crime against humanity otherwise.
There was a Genesis port of Punisher, actually. Not the best, but it's cool that it exists.

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Hope we can get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom. Maybe remastered, the textures are a bit on the low res side even for Wii. And/or a sequel. Also why in all these years no fans have made a replacement/mod for Morrigan in the later games, even with AI or whatever shit, anything to get closer to the rest cast.

Last edited:

FlyyGOD

Its combo of low xbox sales(series s+x is currently below xbox one launch alligned)+ gamepass conditioning players to never pay for games anymore+ day1 on pc so 0 exclusives, result is- basically no1 on xbox buys games anymore, ppl who did moved to pc or sit on gamepass, cant be helped bro, there is a reason ms is publushing games on other platforms, they simply need dat profitability.
Where is the proof? I don't want your opinion on what you think gamepass is doing to sales.Also since ps5 doesn't have a gamepass what is Sony excuse for game projections not meeting expectations?

Last edited:

Lambogenie

One thing that is clear....

is how far Bengus has "fallen". Dude used to be legit amazing. Now he phones in most of his work, it's crazy. He's just not the same.

Dr_Salt

One thing that is clear....

is how far Bengus has "fallen". Dude used to be legit amazing. Now he phones in most of his work, it's crazy. He's just not the same.
Bengus didn't draw that key art it was someone else. I do have to agree that his work on SFV5 is pretty bad compared to his previous work.

Last edited:

pepodmc_

It really is not. Every character in Final Fight plays different. Punisher just has copy 'n paste Nick Fury. It has better pick-up weapons, but the bosses are lamer and the stages are shorter and more generic.
but in the punisher even if the two characters play the same has a lot more moves than on final fight, even more in the japanese version.
more moves than the three final fight characters combined but in one character. Plus the weapon system is a lot better.

I think that final fight bosses are lamer, but its my point of view.

Yeah the stages are shorter, thats true

RaduN

but in the punisher even if the two characters play the same has a lot more moves than on final fight, even more in the japanese version.
more moves than the three final fight characters combined but in one character. Plus the weapon system is a lot better.

I think that final fight bosses are lamer, but its my point of view.

Yeah the stages are shorter, thats true
The Punisher is the better game.

PeteBull

Where is the proof? I don't want your opinion on what you think gamepass is doing to sales.Also since ps5 doesn't have a gamepass what is Sony excuse for game projections not meeting expectations?
Again, check sales data, u can do it on GAF or other parts of the net, xbox series is selling terribly awful, currently below xbox one, that sold badly itself, but on top games sales are even worse, including major blockbuster AAA microsoft releases like recent hellblade2( again we got official data for that).

And remember official xbox higher ups tend to lie tru their teeth, look at this:
aaron-greenberg-hi-fi-rush-tweet.JPG

Then the reality comes:

And we talking microsoft here, not some tiny company, if they closed tango gameworks it could mean only 1 thing- 0 potential for future sales aka making profit :p

ManaByte

Rage Bait Youtuber
The existence of this is absurd, illogical and a blessing. The history behind MvC says it would never exist, yet here we are. I guess communications have opened again. Holy shit...

Disney owns Fox now, so they allow X-Men merchandise again.

When Fox owned the film rights to X-Men, Marvel wouldn't allow X-Men merchandise which is why there were no mutants in MvC infinite.

FlyyGOD

Again, check sales data, u can do it on GAF or other parts of the net, xbox series is selling terribly awful, currently below xbox one, that sold badly itself, but on top games sales are even worse, including major blockbuster AAA microsoft releases like recent hellblade2( again we got official data for that).

And remember official xbox higher ups tend to lie tru their teeth, look at this:

Then the reality comes:

And we talking microsoft here, not some tiny company, if they closed tango gameworks it could mean only 1 thing- 0 potential for future sales aka making profit :p
Once again where does it show gamepass affecting sales data like you said?

PS4 version plays on PS5 and Capcom did the same for other smaller releases (Capcom Fighting Game Collection, Ghost Trick, GNGR, Phoenix Wright Collection, Great Ace Attorney Chronicles, Apollo Justice Trilogy).
I download PS4 games straight to PS5 from the PS store, it is so convenient.

FlyyGOD

Then the reality comes:

Both Ghostwire Tokyo and Hi-Fi Rush flopped on ps5. I guess that was gamepass fault also? Tango gameworks wasn't profitable so it was close and the developers were absorbed into other parts of Microsoft.

PeteBull

Both Ghostwire Tokyo and Hi-Fi Rush flopped on ps5. I guess that was gamepass fault also? Tango gameworks wasn't profitable so it was close and the developers were absorbed into other parts of Microsoft.
Still saviour phil closed the studio, now lets see what happens with hellblade studio, back in the old days we were getting sales-bragging tweets, later around xbox one generation it turned into engagement-bragging tweets, nowadays incase of hellblade 2 and other games not even that :p

Remember those good old days of no gamepass when xbox consoles and games on them sold gangbusters?

All gone by now, unfortunately, its bad for competition but what u gonna do, ms presents much weaker product which cant compete, so sales bomb hard :(

Top Bottom