• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy |OT| We Got This...Kinda

Shmunter

About to start this bad boy up, hope to enjoy it as much as everyone has.

Went straight to performance mode, the 30fps on raytracing immediately felt very 30…..nope, not after playing 99% of games at 60 this gen.

Edit:performance mode looks completely clean, no shimmer or aliasing, the main offenders of iq. Looks polished.

Last edited:

elliot5

Went straight to performance mode, the 30fps on raytracing immediately felt very 30…..nope, not after playing 99% of games at 60 this gen.
I enjoyed the game in RT mode because its very chill 90% of the time. I actually played it mostly via console streaming to my iPhone because I played it over the holidays at my parents and didnt want to take up the TV lmao. Still had a blast.

I've paid like 40$ on steam for this game 2 weeks after release.
I think it was WELL WORTH it and it's one of best games I've played in recent memory but I still can't help to feel scammed a bit... which is stupid because I would want to own it anyway.
But if I knew it is coming to gamepass, I would probably get it on ps5 to "really own" it. Now I just have access to it in 2 digital stores. It's redundant
It's nice when all of our problems are first world problems

I've paid like 40$ on steam for this game 2 weeks after release.
I think it was WELL WORTH it and it's one of best games I've played in recent memory but I still can't help to feel scammed a bit... which is stupid because I would want to own it anyway.
But if I knew it is coming to gamepass, I would probably get it on ps5 to "really own" it. Now I just have access to it in 2 digital stores. It's redundant
I paid 40 dollars and got 6 months of game pass.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Edit:performance mode looks completely clean, no shimmer or aliasing, the main offenders of iq. Looks polished.

This is one game where I wouldn't vote against the higher resolution / RT mode immediately.

The visuals are imaginative and I felt like a higher resolution did them more justice.

Plus characters hair look REAL FUZZY in the Performance mode, especially Mom and another notable female character you'll run into a bit later into the game.

MMaRsu

Banned
Gonna have to check it out because when I started it last night, it looked really god and the characters didnt inmediatly annoy me.

So lets give this a play this weekend

Thanks Gamepass!

Shmunter

This is one game where I wouldn't vote against the higher resolution / RT mode immediately.

The visuals are imaginative and I felt like a higher resolution did them more justice.

Plus characters hair look REAL FUZZY in the Performance mode, especially Mom and another notable female character you'll run into a bit later into the game.
I find such imperfections are much easier to overlook than a crisp framerate

mxbison

How long is it for a normal playthrough? I only have 3 of weeks of GamePass left and want to somehow squeeze in this and Hitman 3 between Elden Ring...

elliot5

How long is it for a normal playthrough? I only have 3 of weeks of GamePass left and want to somehow squeeze in this and Hitman 3 between Elden Ring...
Hmm i want to say it’s about a 14 hour game. Xbox stats say 17.45 hours for me but some of that may have been idle time.

MScarpa

gotggame-gotgthegame.gif
Dude I also can't get into Elden Ring. I'm not a fan of of the souls game but since it was so highly praised i got it anyways. Too hard and meh so thanks a lot GAF. Glad I'm not the only one. Game is overrated IMO.

Who said it's a problem?
Who said these are all my problems?
Why would I be at fault for living in First world county... of POLAND. Most first country ever for sure....
Poland is certainly a first world country. But I was just messin with ya anyway. Didn't mean any offense by it. Was just making a silly comment. I hope that you've been lucky enough to avoid the real problems of the world. I have been and I'm grateful for it. Again, Ill say it and I mean it. It's nice to have only first world problems. I don't take that for granted and I hope you're in the same situation. Cheers.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Poland is certainly a first world country. But I was just messin with ya anyway. Didn't mean any offense by it. Was just making a silly comment. I hope that you've been lucky enough to avoid the real problems of the world. I have been and I'm grateful for it. Again, Ill say it and I mean it. It's nice to have only first world problems. I don't take that for granted and I hope you're in the same situation. Cheers.
all good man. I shouldn't be so sensitive

all good man. I shouldn't be so sensitive
I need to realize that my "lighthearted sarcasm" doesn't come across so well via text. It's a thing I'm working on. Hope you're all staying strong and safe in Poland. Crazy world. We in the States have your back if Putin dares mess with you guys. An attack on one is an attack on all. NATO power!

Robb

Gold Member
Played through the first chapter. I guess it captures the GotG movies fairly well but I just can’t stand the constant jabbering between the characters. The ‘activate the music player’-thing during combat was also super cheesy.

Not for me I guess, glad I got to try it out though.

mxbison

Played chapter 1 and my first impression is really good, much better than expected.

Graphics are great and I like the characters better than the movie version. Not sure about the combat yet.

I'm playing this on PC with gamepass now, but what I find annoying is the pop ups on my screen when I pick something up. Everytime I walk it gets distorted and they don't seem to go away until a cutscene starts. Anyone have this same issue? I'm playing on widescreen so maybe that's the issue.
I fixed the issue. I was using DS4windows, but when not using it everything works without problems. Good game but there is too much cutscenes instead of action at the moment.

jimmypython

I played a chapter and half on XSX…i liked everything minus the combat. It‘s like playing the movie!

Unfortunately, I suffered major motion sickness even at the performance mode. Really like to play more but I physically can’t :(

Last edited:

manfestival

Absolutely having a blast playing this game. The graphics are great, dialogue is actually funny(even more important being the Guardians of the Galaxy), and it is fun! Only downside is that it took a bit for the combat to open up but now it feels hectic instead of fluid. Shooting also feels just pathetic. Story is very solid though. Could just play the game for the character interactions alone since that feels like half the game.

Currently about to start chapter 8(I think)

splattered

Tempted to pick this up also at $29 in the spring sale but i dunno if it's worth picking up or not. Gets lots of good reviews but ive watched some videos on it and it seems "ok" to me (Like Godfall i guess?)

elliot5

Tempted to pick this up also at $29 in the spring sale but i dunno if it's worth picking up or not. Gets lots of good reviews but ive watched some videos on it and it seems "ok" to me (Like Godfall i guess?)
I think it’s worth it but you could always just Game Pass it

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

If you have any platform with game pass, it's available there.

Otherwise, I would personally say it's well worth $29 as someone who bought it for full price at launch. I had a great time.

I hate the combat on ps5 but I think if it was 60 fps it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not playing this at 1080p though. At 30 fps the combat, which is already lackluster, is so janky and frustrating. The dialogue can become infuriating in the middle of combat when characters are yelling at you for being to slow to revive someone or take down someone's shield. You literally can't do certain things fast enough due to 30 fps + jank.

Eh ..buy compared to the fidelity modes it looks bad. No excuse for this game not to have a 1440p mode. Same with Dying Light 2.

Gamespawn

I hate the combat on ps5 but I think if it was 60 fps it wouldn't be so bad. I'm not playing this at 1080p though. At 30 fps the combat, which is already lackluster, is so janky and frustrating. The dialogue can become infuriating in the middle of combat when characters are yelling at you for being to slow to revive someone or take down someone's shield. You literally can't do certain things fast enough due to 30 fps + jank.
It’s not 1080p on ps5 though. 1440p I think is what they said. Perfectly playable. I play in RT mode though.

schuey7

So I had purchased this game around release and only got around to playing it after it came to gamepass but I still loved it and don't have any regrets about buying it.
The version of the Gotg in the game is, I think , even superior to the MCU and I'm disappointed that there is no expansion slated for this.
I was craving for a good single player game and this really hit the spot.

The humour really is well done and most if not all jokes land properly.

Hope this continues to attract more gamers and sales and eventually we get to return to this version of the Gotg in the future in some way.

schuey7

Played it on RT mode btw on my series x and other than a few slowdowns which were fixed after quiting the quick resume and restarting it was quite smooth. The RT adds to the beauty of this game and I've collected a whole lot of screenshots during my time playing the game

Nankatsu

Gold Member
These guys throw me an album to listen right at the begining?

I was thinking of playing the game, but the album is so good that I'm sitting here hearing it.

Damn, what a start!

Top Bottom