• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy |OT| We Got This...Kinda

crozier

I must be the only one who thought Avengers single player was awful but liked the multiplayer stuff…for awhile. The thought of a wholly single player Marvel game using the same engine as Avengers does not sit well with me.

Definitely waiting for the reviews.

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
I support single player games and this does look pretty neat so far.
Will buy day 0.

ManaByte

Easy Allies had highly positive impressions
Look Marvel GIF

ManaByte

I must be the only one who thought Avengers single player was awful but liked the multiplayer stuff…for awhile. The thought of a wholly single player Marvel game using the same engine as Avengers does not sit well with me.

This has absolutely nothing to do with Avengers. It’s a completely different developer and completely different type of gameplay.

Lone Wolf

**EDIT**

SQQUUUUUEEEEEEEEEEEE

Apparently it IS the soundtrack...

No way that is the game soundtrack....shit is 🔥

Spotify says: "The official Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy video game playlist. Classic 1980s tracks that inspired our heroes, an epic game score, and original Star-Lord band music. Game launces October 26, 2021."

This would be reason enough alone to buy this game if this was all actually in the game.
The soundtrack alone makes me want this game.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I preordered a copy for PS5. The soundtrack sounds great. I have a feeling it’ll be a fun experience. All the previews said they couldn’t wait to play more. For a linear world, that could mean the game is going to be a lot of fun. I’m also glad we aren’t getting a direct to movie plot too.

kiphalfton

If you buy this at GameStop, it's part of their "guaranteed to love" program. So you buy it, and if you don't like it you can trade it in for trade credit, for the full purchase amount, within 2 days of purchasing it. No you don't get cash back, but that's about as good as it gets and GameStop is doing this with a lot of the games that are coming out, so you don't love this game, buy another game with the trade credit on release day, and rinse and repeat if you don't like that game.

Terms:
Play this game risk-free.
If you don't like it, return it within 48 hours of launch to receive full retail value in trade credit.
When purchased at Gamestop.

See below pic for all games that fall's under this program (look for the :messenger_heart: in the upper-right corner of each game's cover art picture )

ioEtdq5.png

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Love it. Got it earlier on ps5 and played I guess to nearly the end of chapter 4 yesterday. The music if it isn't licensed one is a bit generic that's all I can say so far about what I don't like.

ManaByte

Love it. Got it earlier on ps5 and played I guess to nearly the end of chapter 4 yesterday. The music if it isn't licensed one is a bit generic that's all I can say so far about what I don't like.

Notice how there's no loading like Ratchet (unless you die an load a checkpoint)?

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Well I have my Birthday next month so passed it on as a suggested gift, it just looks like a fun time overall. Not going to lie saw a trailer with Cosmo in it and really wanted it from there.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Compared to the launch state of the Avengers game, I think they went the right direction with this title. Still, not a fan of the almost MCU models, but the gameplay looks good.

Models design design goal: “come on it is the MCU, but not the MCU, but it is the MCU, but not really, maybe…”

ancient aliens yes GIF

Last edited:

ManaByte

BTW they're not issuing takedowns over the quality of the game. It's to keep spoilers from spreading before release.

Reviewers are under embargo and there are certain story beats even they aren't supposed to mention. There's one character you'd never expect to pop up in a GotG story and the moment when you realize you're going to see them was a "NO FUCKING WAY" moment that should never be spoiled by some clout-chasing kid on YouTube who wants to spoil it with a massive clickbait thumbnail and 10+ minute video before the game is even out.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

It isn't using the same engine. Companies have multiple engines for their myriad IP's (look at UBISOFT and how many engines they've got).

Salz01

BTW they're not issuing takedowns over the quality of the game. It's to keep spoilers from spreading before release.

Reviewers are under embargo and there are certain story beats even they aren't supposed to mention. There's one character you'd never expect to pop up in a GotG story and the moment when you realize you're going to see them was a "NO FUCKING WAY" moment that should never be spoiled by some clout-chasing kid on YouTube who wants to spoil it with a massive clickbait thumbnail and 10+ minute video before the game is even out.
Forget even the story beats, I can totally see why they want to take down full game streams before it’s even released.

ManaByte

I got the game today .... and i have to say wow... the marketing department of the reveal messed up. this game is amazing and so much fun, the details, the atmosphere, the dialogue.... this is a game made by passionate comic fans (unlike avengers)

Lets Go Marvel GIF by Eidos-Montréal

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I am interested, but I am also weary. MOstly of the combat as it looks really... unfun.

Writing, most of the character designs, choices - all look great, but the combat is what keeps putting me off. Wish this had a demo or something that I could try out first.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
I see that CDKeys has it for $45 and you get a discount on top of that. Does anybody have experience with "pre-ordering" from CDKeys? It says they usually get you the key on the day of release. I wouldn't want to wait an extra day or 2.

SyberWolf

I see that CDKeys has it for $45 and you get a discount on top of that. Does anybody have experience with "pre-ordering" from CDKeys? It says they usually get you the key on the day of release. I wouldn't want to wait an extra day or 2.
i always get my keys from greenmangaming. they usually deliver the key when pre-load is live. i payed $48 with gold XP thingy on my account because i buy a lot from them. i think they also sell xbox keys with 3% discount for those who want the game on xbox.

Last edited:

BatSu

If I buy the physical version of ps4, can I upgrade to ps5 or won't I be able to until the official launch day ?

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Using my $10 (INR750) epic games coupon on this. Anyway the game had reasonable local pricing (2999INR before coupon, ~40USD which becomes ~30USD after the coupon).
Looks great.

ManaByte

One great thing about this game is that many people will be exposed to the comic book versions of Drax and Gamora for the first time, which are much more interesting and deeper versions of the characters than the jokes they were turned into with the MCU films.

Luipadre

Any impressions? Hows the performance mode looks on currgen? Hows the HDR? game lenght? I hope we'll hear a lot of licensed music during gameplay, im not talking about listening it on your ship

Certinty

I’m only 20 minutes into this and I’ve already laughed so much more than during any other game this year. The dialogue and interactions between the Guardians is exactly how a dysfunctional family should be and I absolutely love it!

ManaByte

I’m only 20 minutes into this and I’ve already laughed so much more than during any other game this year. The dialogue and interactions between the Guardians is exactly how a dysfunctional family should be and I absolutely love it!

Yea there's a quite a few times where I laughed my ass off. The writing is fantastic.

Top Bottom