• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider-man 2 |OT| - The 19" inches of Venom you're Kraven for

Kuwitzzer

I’m 5 hours in and I’m honestly a bit surprised at how in-your-face and consistent the liberal pandering is. I’m not even saying that’s a bad thing, but the game is very political, much moreso than the first one.

What is bad about clearly ideological storytelling though is that it becomes very predictable and treads ground that has already been covered by the ideology. Hopefully that doesn’t play out and I get more invested with the story.
That sounds really tiresome, SIE needs to go back to being Japanese.

Last edited:
I’m 5 hours in and I’m honestly a bit surprised at how in-your-face and consistent the liberal pandering is. I’m not even saying that’s a bad thing, but the game is very political, much moreso than the first one.

What is bad about clearly ideological storytelling though is that it becomes very predictable and treads ground that has already been covered by the ideology. Hopefully that doesn’t play out and I get more invested with the story.

Eh, it's pretty minor from what I've seen. Mostly revolves around interacting with diverse people.

How is it political?

Jayjayhd34

jILwBGV.jpg

Nankatsu

Lol just had a damn funny glitch on Coney Island. My Spider-man was wearing the cowboy hat and glasses I collected on the prize boot. It was glimpse of the Spider-cop suit we never got.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Lol just had a damn funny glitch on Coney Island. My Spider-man was wearing the cowboy hat and glasses I collected on the prize boot. It's was glimpse of the Spider-cop suit we never got.

I'm doing this section now. How long is Peter with MJ? There's absolutely zero chemistry between them. Nada.

Edit: okay, there's a kiss. WOW!

Last edited:

decisions

Can someone educate me about that scene where Miles is speaking out loud and using sign language at the same time? Do people actually do this? I'm honestly curious. I thought when speaking sign language, your mouth movements/facial expressions are essential (https://www.handspeak.com/learn/95/#:~:text=Mouth movement or mouthing is,as part of their production.).

Eh, it's pretty minor from what I've seen. Mostly revolves around interacting with diverse people.

How is it political?

I honestly feel like every plot point is underscored by some kind of liberal talking point with no character present to offer counterbalance. Villains don't need to face the law they can still have a normal life if they just ask for help, all gun ranges/stores should be removed, meritocracy is bad and is only used to get people fired who don't deserve it, etc. Am I reading too much into it? Maybe, and it remains to be seen if I feel like this stuff is even present in the larger themes of the story. But this is just the honest impression I got from playing organically. I didn't even know about some of the other stuff I just read on this forum like the inclusion of un-gendered language in the Spanish dub.

Last edited:

TheTurboFD

Can someone explain why tf Aunt May’s mortgage is still damn near 500k? No wonder Peter has a hard time paying it, $4,419 a month mortgage payment? Let that house burn bro she had it for decades and still owe so much tf was she doing.

Edit: Aaaaaaand I just learned she mortgaged it to keep FEAST afloat. So she definitely is dumb.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why tf Aunt May’s mortgage is still damn near 500k? No wonder Peter has a hard time paying it, $4,419 a month mortgage payment? Let that house burn bro she had it for decades and still owe so much tf was she doing.

Edit: Aaaaaaand I just learned she mortgaged it to keep FEAST afloat. So she definitely is dumb.

When I picked up that paper, all I could think of was ah shit.... i'm going to be paying my mortgage until I'm at least 60; thanks for the reality check Insominac.

Last edited:

SCB3

As a Spiderman fan I'm not a huge fan of Kravens plan more the
Killing off Popular Villains
I guess its kinda needed to make him a big threat though

Ronin_7

you think a game deserves game of the year because of transversal and graphics ? ffs

does it excell at story , level design , how is the pacing , is the ending satisfying ? , how meaningfull are the side activities ? , how interactive is the open world
Do you think I've no life and no 50H weekly full time job?

I only played BG3 10 hours and it's my GoTy, i don't need more, i know how much I like/hate a game in the first hour at max with rate exceptions.

Spider Man 2 is GoTy contender, no discussion and will be there I'm 99.9% sure.

I'm fine with gay side mission.
It's just almost all the side missions fill with those light-hearted and wholesome shits.. Feel like I am being forced to learn moral lessons like in elementary school kid.

Last edited:

Laieon

Last edited:

Macaron

Banned

Am I missing something? Or are you conflating side mission with gay guy = liberal politics?

I'm fine with gay side mission.
It's just almost all the side missions fill with those light-hearted and wholesome shits.. Feel like I am being forced to learn moral lessons like in elementary school kid.
Its a Spiderman game not Max Payne.

Laieon

is it the same BLM that supports baby-killing (or worse) Hamas terrorists? Or a different one?

Hi, I just did the homework for you.

BLM is fairly divided (because it's a movement and not a single organization). That comment was from a "BLM Grassroots" supporter, and BLM Grassrotos has local chapters across the US; but none in the US and the vast majority in the south. You're not going to, but the best way to look at BLM is the same way someone would look at "Christianity" - it's doctrinally diverse and various denominations/chapters believe in one overarching idea, but at the same time have individual practices, beliefs, opinions, etc. Baptists and Eastern Orthodox are both "christians", but aren't going to have the same beliefs or practices.

So yes, in game we can logically come to the conclusion that was was painted by someone belonging to a different chapter of BLM considering there is no BLM grassroots chapter in NYC.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Hi, I just did the homework for you.

BLM is fairly divided (because it's a movement and not a single organization). That comment was from a "BLM Grassroots" supporter, and BLM Grassrotos has local chapters across the US; but none in the US and the vast majority in the south. You're not going to, but the best way to look at BLM is the same way someone would look at "Christianity" - it's doctrinally diverse and various denominations/chapters believe in one overarching idea, but at the same time have different practices, beliefs, opinions, etc...

So yes, in game we can logically come to the conclusion that was was painted by someone belonging to a different chapter of BLM.

Thanks, it would be smart to not include it in the game.

Edit: Laieon Laieon I’m not even going to respond with new post, just edit this one. They posted graphic of Hamas terrorists paragliding their way to kill and rape. They’re despicable and disgusting. Mask is slowly slipping off.

Last edited:

MAX PAYMENT

it felt very shoehorned in. But it seems to stop later in the game.

MirageMew2

Am I missing something with Photo Mode or is there no way to remove objective markers and those giant sky lights?

Last edited:

Laieon

Thanks, it would be smart to not include it in the game.

Your own article blatantly says they're more "Pro-Palestinian people" than they are "Pro-Hamas" (like you initially said). Those are not the same thing.

Your claims are false, misleading, recycled rage-bait.

Here's some churches that are Pro-Palestine. Using your logic, would all people calling themselves "Christian" therefore be Pro-Hamas?

Last edited:

MAX PAYMENT

Your own article blatantly says they're more "Pro-Palestinian people" than they are "Pro-Hamas" (like you initially said). Those are not the same thing.

Your claims are false, misleading, recycled rage-bait.

Here's some churches that are Pro-Palestine. Using your logic, would all people calling themselves "Christian" therefore be Pro-Hamas?

this is getting deep for a super hero game thread.

MAX PAYMENT

Not only is it recycled rage bait, but the game takes place in NYC. Were you guys expecting confederate flags and concealed carry citizens in a game in NYC?
I dont think it's unreasonable to expect for modern political bullshit to not be in a popular super hero video game.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Aaaaaaand finished, solid 4/5 game for me. I think they dropped the ball in some areas like how boring they made Wraith... like they NAILED the tease in the prior game with all the ropes with charms... nothing like that in this game, she's also fairly reasonable... which defeats the entire point of that character. The ending of her request naturally sets up something intresting but the road there was just as dull as her costume is boring.

Also Miles final suit design sucks, whoever made the decision for it to show his hair is probably the same person who thought the uncles mix tape beat in the prior game was "fire". It even comes with a hood... which he DOESN'T wear up because he wants to show off his stupid hair so the costume looks equally as stupid.

Encounters feel much less designed to be stealthed, I don't know what's different, but it feels like they gave you the new Web tool to make your own lines as an excuse to give up on designing the combat areas around stealth being an option, I found myself not using it nearly as much as the prior entry.

looking forward to the DLC (going to assume there will be some) which will no doubt focus on multiple side characters revealing their gay at the first opportunity. Would dig a full Venom side game in the vein of Miles though.

Last edited:

MAX PAYMENT

And I don't think its unreasonable to not let one BLM painting in a game that take place in NYC which is super liberal get your panties in a bunch
That's fair. But that kind of polarizing/opinionated stuff should just not be in a video game. Especially ones kids will play.

Top Bottom