• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation UK Tells Gamers To "Treat Yourselves To 19-Inches Of Venom"

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 is getting a collector's edition. That's not terribly surprising, is it? However, how PlayStation UK has chosen to advertise it definitely is, as it welcomes gamers to open themselves up to "19-inches of Venom". Ouch.
This refers to a 19-inch collector's edition statue, one that looks like it wouldn't be particularly enjoyable in the way that the PlayStation Twitter account implies. It even gives you a few inches of Spider-Man (Spider-Men?), as the statue depicts both Peter and Miles fighting Venom. Again, ouch.

"Treat yourself to 19-inches of Venom and more with the Marvel's Spider-Man 2 Collector's Edition," confidently reads the tweet. Whoever wrote it is having a lot of fun at the office today.

This very quickly drew two kinds of responses. Some are replying with different variations of "19-inches of WHAT?". Whereas other, more outgoing types seem to take it as a challenge. To those people, I admire your bravery, but really, imagine having to explain this one to A&E. You just know they've heard every "I accidentally sat on it" excuse in the book, it won't work. They'll know what you did.
Treating yourself to 19-inches of Venom is also pretty bloody expensive. In the UK, it will set you back £219.99. Like, there are definitely cheaper ways to spend your Saturday night. Just rent the Venom movies or something, they're kinda horny if you read between the lines.

jhjfss

Comic Con Cosplay GIF

Robb

Gold Member
I’d probably have loved to if they actually included the game itself. They can include a statue but are too cheap to print a disc? What’s even the point of the steelbook.

Last edited:

Montauk

Lol so there is a Starfield inspired Bad Dragon ‘Constellation’ range now, no joke.

Last edited:
Top Bottom