• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12, 2022 (also Miles Morales Fall 2022)

Nickolaidas

This thread is so fucking retarded. Why are people arguing over which platform a game comes to? Both PCs and consoles have their pros and cons, but more options for everyone = better.

Who gives a shit if PS game comes out for the PC?

Simple maths:
Gaming = fun
More games for everyone = more people have fun
Nononono ... we NEED to gatekeep our games to specific ecosystems - how will we be able to brag about it afterwards and validate our purchase / commitment to said ecosystem? Are you crazy?

OZ9000

Banned
Nononono ... we NEED to gatekeep our games to specific ecosystems - how will we be able to brag about it afterwards and validate our purchase / commitment to said ecosystem? Are you crazy?
I'm looking forward to the day I can sign in Playstation Network party chat using my PC.

I don't ever want to own a console again. I'm happy upgrading my PC for the next 40 years.

jigglet

Banned
This thread is so fucking retarded. Why are people arguing over which platform a game comes to? Both PCs and consoles have their pros and cons, but more options for everyone = better.

Simple maths:
Gaming = fun

We all know what it's like to be a fanboy. We were all once poor kids who had to make a choice and rationalise that in any way we could.

The real question is: are any of these people grown adults who can afford anything but still choose to be fanboys? This is what I find most curious.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member

Simple maths:
Gaming = fun
Sounds reasonable to me.

But you get ecosystem warriors because they think being part of a 50 million or 100 million member club with the exact same console makes them feel unique and chummy.

Well, if 80 million other people have it, I must be doing something right in life. After I play some games, I'll also gorge myself on McDonalds because they are the biggest fast food chain too.

The dumb thing is all these PC ports still come out for their plastic box on day one, so it's not like they are packing up and switching making games for another platform, which makes zero difference to their game.

It'd be like someone buying stuff at a local burger joint for years. Enjoys the store. The store owner wants to make more money and open up another store in another town. You'd think the customer would be happy the owner is doing great and now there's a second location in case he's in that town. Or perhaps he's just indifferent and doesn't care. Instead, the guy is pissed because people in another town get the chance to eat the same greasy burger he has for 4 years.

Weird mentality.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Sounds reasonable to me.

But you get ecosystem warriors because they think being part of a 50 million or 100 million member club with the exact same console makes them feel unique and chummy.

Well, if 80 million other people have it, I must be doing something right in life. After I play some games, I'll also gorge myself on McDonalds because they are the biggest fast food chain too.

The dumb thing is all these PC ports still come out for their plastic box on day one, so it's not like they are packing up and switching making games for another platform, which makes zero difference to their game.

It'd be like someone buying stuff at a local burger joint for years. Enjoys the store. The store owner wants to make more money and open up another store in another town. You'd think the customer would be happy the owner is doing great and now there's a second location in case he's in that town. Or perhaps he's just indifferent and doesn't care. Instead, the guy is pissed because people in another town get the chance to eat the same greasy burger he has for 4 years.

Weird mentality.
It’s not so weird. And no amount of pretending will ever overcome our tribal lizard brain. Be it sport teams, car’s, brands or gaming consoles. Everyone will have their preference and barrack for it if they are vested in it, and that means there needs to be something to barrack for. Exclusivity, point of difference, etc. Remove those, you’re directly attacking the very thing.

Ford vs Ferrari
Nvidia Vs AMD
LG Vs Samsung
Sony Vs MS

Everyone will fit somewhere and the list as long as you want it.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It’s not so weird. And no amount of pretending will ever overcome our tribal lizard brain. Be it sport teams, car’s, brands or gaming consoles. Everyone will have their preference and barrack for it if they are vested in it, and that means there needs to be something to barrack for. Exclusivity, point of difference, etc. Remove those, you’re directly attacking the very thing.

Ford vs Ferrari
Nvidia Vs AMD
LG Vs Samsung
Sony Vs MS

Everyone will fit somewhere and the list as long as you want it.
The key difference is the brands you listed which can lead to fights has more to do with which brand is better, cooler, higher performance.

It's not about where does it sell. I don't think too many owners on your brand list care if someone else gets the opportunity to own the same brand as them.

In your list the most exclusive and prestigious brand is Ferrari. No doubt right off the bat that's an outlier due to costs (what are they? A million dollars?), so you're not going to get many people buying one, but does a Ferrari owner living in Italy care that Ferrari opens a dealership in another country where there's an untapped market?

Last edited:

Shmunter

The key difference is the brands you listed which can lead to fights has more to do with which brand is better, cooler, higher performance.

It's not about where does it sell. I don't think too many owners on your brand list care if someone else gets the opportunity to own the same brand as them.

In your list the most exclusive and prestigious brand is Ferrari. No doubt right off the bat that's an outlier due to costs (what are they? A million dollars?), so you're not going to get many people buying one, but does a Ferrari owner living in Italy care that Ferrari opens a dealership in another country where there's an untapped market?
Sorry, it’s all the very same thing. Replace Ford vs Ferrari with BMW Vs Mercedes. Or M Vs AMG. Like I said, the list is practically infinite with groups and subgroups etc.

Realeasing exclusives outside of a brands eco system can be sacrilege especially for Sony who’s brand is synonymous with 1st party exclusivity. It’s quite self evident by the reactions it has sprouted no?

Like I said, there is no such thing as this being weird, if nobody blinked an eye I would say that was weird.

OZ9000

Banned
Sounds reasonable to me.

Weird mentality.
The tribalism in gaming is bizarre.

And to get emotional over a corporation is really pathetic. Sony does NOT have your personal interests at heart and all they want to extract maximum profit from you.

To be honest I am surprised why we have so many Sony fanboys. Their policies this generation have been awful.

As far as value for money is concerned, they're at the bottom of the pile.

So, after being top 5 on Steam's best sellers list since pre-orders opened, Spider-Man is already the best selling game in there, 5 days before its official release.
Sounds like another multimillion sellerhit is in Sony's hands.

Not bad from a game that sold more than 20M copies before the game was even 2 years old and before the remastered version was released on PS5.

This is going to be Sony's first game to surpass 30M copies sold almost for sure.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

So, after being top 5 on Steam's best sellers list since pre-orders opened, Spider-Man is already the best selling game in there, 5 days before its official release.
Sounds like another multimillion sellerhit is in Sony's hands.

Not bad from a game that sold more than 20M copies before the game was even 2 years old and before the remastered version was released on PS5.

This is going to be Sony's first game to surpass 30M copies sold almost for sure.
It won't sell more than GOW. Much less than horizon. I hope am very wrong.

Top Bottom