• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12, 2022 (also Miles Morales Fall 2022)

Wohc

Banned

Damn, he could have sent a message much cheaper like other fanboys did:
ZP22548.jpg

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Your kind of missing something on.the cost side, what if you have a beefy pc already for pc games or Microsoft exclusives, or work? Isn't the cost the 0% vs your listed 400%? In fact wouldn't it be cheaper since the games are less on pc?
I don't understand.
So You are saying it is cheaper on pc because I have gaming pc for 2500$ just laying around ?
I have it bought strictly for gaming. But it's just a beefy yt machine in my case :p

Shmunter

Saves few seconds starting a play session because consoles are "more convenient". Spends hours playing lesser version of a game.
Console versions are way better than pc versions with all the shader compilation stststttuter etc. just admit you have buyers remorse on you’re shitty pc. 😘

That’s what you sound like in reverse, how do you like that mirror peasant?

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Console versions are way better than pc versions with all the shader compilation stststttuter etc. just admit you have buyers remorse on you’re shitty pc. 😘

That’s what you sound like in reverse, how do you like that mirror peasant?

You're right. I'm sick and tired of the fucking constant, every day DRIVER UPDATES. Also, the damn graphical setting menu. I spend more time there than in game because I CAN'T DECIDE ON ANIT-ALIASING solution. PC sucks dyck.

PS Excel is my favourite game.

:messenger_grinning_sweat:

Shmunter

Is
You're right. I'm sick and tired of the fucking constant, every day DRIVER UPDATES. Also, the damn graphical setting menu. I spend more time there than in game because I CAN'T DECIDE ON ANIT-ALIASING solution. PC sucks dyck.

PS Excel is my favourite game.

:messenger_grinning_sweat:
So it’s true each time a driver updates, games need to recompile shaders? 😂

Neofire

I have no idea. In all my PC gaming I've seen shaders compiling loading screen once... in Horizon Zero Dawn before patch. Luckily it was fixed. Sony supports their games on PC more than they do on consoles for some reason. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Sad but true, they are definitely beginning to neglect their own platforms.

kuncol02

Banned
Try Playing FFXV with an Overclocked card go ahead I'll wait right here while your cpu RAM piles up and won't dump hard crashing your game every 10 to 20 minutes.
Overclocking means that it's outside of designed stable parameters of work. Surprise that means it can be unstable. Can I overclock my console to make it work little bit faster in comparison to base consoles?

Here's an even simpler one go ahead and connect a PS5 controller to your pc and go play Darksiders III or Metro Enhanced.... again ill wait right here.
Windows gamepad support is designed with x360 and xone controllers in mind. Surprise controllers made by MS competition are not supported in some games. Who would though about that? Can I play on PS5 with my XOne controller? Or even with Dual Shock 4?

What you expect things to work on PC when you can't do them on consoles?

yamaci17

Once PC-only gamers get a taste of Spider-man, a lot of them wont want to wait for the eventual Spider-man 2 port
nope, not me

i got a tase of god of war back in 2020 on ps4, never was motivated to get a ps4 or ps5 for the ragnarok
got a taste of god of war in february on PC, at 4k 60 fps with reflex and without the the usual sluggish console vsync input lag, actually motivated to WAIT for ragnarok to drop on PC. after experiencing gow/hzd on pc with unlocked framerates, no vsync, full vrr, i have no incentive to play them on PS5. i have tons of variety on PC and usually do not follow news media so I don't care if everyone and their mothers played the game or not

you know, i first played the 2013 last of us in 2020, and i had no about what was happening. (funny, a hellbent person that wants to play that game on day one would have to resort to 640p-720p 27-30 fps with an enormous input lag. anyone who happens to play it for the first time on ps4 get to enjoy it at 1080p/60 fps like me. same can be said for ps5/ps4, where most people experienced gow/hzd/spiderman at 1080p/30 fps but first timers on ps5 enjoyed them at 1440p/60 fps. if you think from a ps5 user's experience perspective, PC actually got that experience only 1.5-2 years after PS5 users :) )

imagine not getting a spoiler for 7 yrs. that's what happens your gaming friends/gaming environment is built with PC only people. pretty normal, no? aside from potentially getting spoiler-hit, i see no disadvantages, PERSONALLY, not being able to play a game on its initial launch. i couldn't care less. actually, playing games after they mature with stability and feature updates seem more feasible to me.

as long as the forced sluggish vsync exists on consoles, i can never choose them for a game. i simply hate being not giving a simple choice. their vrr support is also wonky. even if it did work properly, it needs hdmi 2.1. , I don't like being forced to arbitrary conditions when VRR can perfectly work with xbox/gpus from 2016 with my screen. i need to get the info whether VRR disengages Vsync on consoles or not. (input lag measurements )

Last edited:

Sentenza

Once PC-only gamers get a taste of Spider-man, a lot of them wont want to wait for the eventual Spider-man 2 port
Once I got my taste of Spider-Man I dropped it around the 8-10 hours mark because it was boring and repetitive as hell.
I've rarely seen secondary mission so formulaic and repetitive. I remember reading people saying "It's like a Arkham game, but better". I call bullshit on it.
It felt like your average Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, but controlling Spidey instead of Ezio.

I'm still considering if rebuying it on PC and playing it at 165hz would make a difference, but then again that's the same reasoning that led me to buy Horizon twice (on PS and PC) and regret it both times, so I'm still unsure about it.

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Once I got my taste of Spider-Man I dropped it around the 8-10 hours mark because it was boring and repetitive as hell.
8-10 hours? I couldn't stand 1 hour.
Truthfully spideying around the city was fun.... until i got to a mission, boring stuff. Combat was nothing special either.

I guess if one's really really like spiderman in general they may like this game? I can't say i'm much of a super hero fan anymore, or maybe i just had my fill of spider man games when i played Ultimate Spider man 2005 years ago (which played somewhat similar to this one actually, aside from the venom segments)

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I've rarely seen secondary mission so formulaic and repetitive. I remember reading people saying "It's like a Arkham game, but better". I call bullshit on it.
It felt like your average Ubisoft's Assassin's Creed, but controlling Spidey instead of Ezio.

I'm still considering if rebuying it on PC and playing it at 165hz would make a difference, but then again that's the same reasoning that led me to buy Horizon twice (on PS and PC) and regret it both times, so I'm still unsure about it.

I loved Spider-man and Miles Morales, but I wouldn't say they are better than Arkham overall. I liked the combat more in Spider-man as I really enjoyed the verticality. But the side missions in Arkham games are much much better. Spider-man had a lot of cringe social, environmental crap. Not bad enough for me to quit the game, but the contrast is obvious where Arkham revolved more around Batman's detective background in solving murders and then there is added dimension that Riddler brought to the game. The main story in Spider-man, however, is really good and the gameplay really is fantastic, imo.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service

I got the platinum on the first one. Bailed on Miles Morales within 3 hours.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Saves few seconds starting a play session because consoles are "more convenient". Spends hours playing lesser version of a game.
lol you think thats all there is? a few secs? :messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat::messenger_grinning_sweat: lesser version? nothing ot do with all the windows/drivers/updates/hacker issues .. just a few secs... is that like the 0.0006 difference in DF videos being " horendously inferior!" ??

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
How would you sum up a version that runs at lower framerate, resolution and graphical settings? Superior? Are you okay? :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Are you? Maybe you should look at the mirror instead of trying to validate your thousand dollar purchase to not feel buyers remorse playing a version that has barely any relevant difference from the console versions.

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Are you? Maybe you should look at the mirror instead of trying to validate your thousand dollar purchase to not feel buyers remorse playing a version that has barely and relevant difference from the console versions.

Again, the money argument. On an enthusiast forum. How sad. If I want to validate my purchase all I have to do is play let's say Forza Horizon 5 on Series X and then on PC or Horizon Zero Dawn on PS5 and then on PC. Money well spend!

:messenger_heart:

Swift_Star

Banned
Again, the money argument. On an enthusiast forum. How sad. If I want to validate my purchase all I have to do is play let's say Forza Horizon 5 on Series X and then on PC or Horizon Zero Dawn on PS5 and then on PC. Money well spend!

:messenger_heart:
Money is not a problem for me, dude. I just don’t see the point, it’s not a good ROI to me. PC versions have barely any relevant difference whatsoever from console versions. Waste of money as I said.
But go on trying to validate your purchase.

ClosBSAS

Ya I don't see the game selling millions on PC...but hey man, if days gone managed to do 1 million, why not spiderman?

Money is not a problem for me, dude. I just don’t see the point, it’s not a good ROI to me. PC versions have barely any relevant difference whatsoever from console versions. Waste of money as I said.
But go on trying to validate your purchase.
You just described every hobby that isn't collecting something rare. None of them have a good ROI

To be fair it was a odd place to announce it
can't wait to see the mods people come up though!
They are PlayStation Studios games. We’ll get many more announcements like these and mobile games going forward. PlayStation is no longer just a box.

RoboFu

One of the green rats
Ya I don't see the game selling millions on PC...but hey man, if days gone managed to do 1 million, why not spiderman?
You would be surprised, if a game catches traction in somewhere like Korea it can sell tons.

Swift_Star

Banned
You just described every hobby that isn't collecting something rare. None of them have a good ROI
Lol I get to play the same games as pc gamers play with minor differences. It’s pretty clear that the ROI of pc gaming is not worth it since the pc settings are not 2 to 3x better than console settings but to get those settings you have to pay 2 to 3x more for it or even more. Really bad investment imo. People are free to pay for that if they want to but I’m not doing it.

yamaci17

Lol I get to play the same games as pc gamers play with minor differences. It’s pretty clear that the ROI of pc gaming is not worth it since the pc settings are not 2 to 3x better than console settings but to get those settings you have to pay 2 to 3x more for it or even more. Really bad investment imo. People are free to pay for that if they want to but I’m not doing it.
thanks for ur input. let me not catch you criticising any kind of gpu not being able to push arbitrary FPSes at ultra/max settings despite not having enough firepower to push that much artificial setting, then ! :messenger_grinning: console optimized settings 4ever for best fps for buck

Swift_Star

Banned
thanks for ur input. let me not catch you criticising any kind of gpu not being able to push arbitrary FPSes at ultra/max settings despite not having enough firepower to push that much artificial setting, then ! :messenger_grinning: console optimized settings 4ever for best fps for buck
I’m not going to do it because I don’t care about this at all.
Barely relevant differences... You are emabarassing yourself.
Yes, barely relevant differences. It is what it is.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Now you guys can see why console warriors never compare specs, performance and fidelity vs PC gamers.

They have no problem comparing against other consoles but when against a good PC they’ll bring up other stuff like list wars or costs.

But when against another console they’ll battle to the last pixel and fraction of a frame rate.

It’s like Honda Accord and Toyota Camry users battling it out. They hope a Lexus or Audi owner never enters the room.

Not worth it to you sure. My PC is quite budget since I used some free time to get the best deals but I can run these new games at double the framerate and to me that is more then worth the price difference.
Example i play apex at 200 fps 1440p. Can I do anything close to that on console?

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
Lol I get to play the same games as pc gamers play with minor differences.
menalaus-laugh.gif

Everyone has their preferences and tastes and i ain't gonna criticize people for picking whats best for them but... same games? Minor differences? Nop. Really easy to pick apart those who have fully dwelved into the world of pc gaming from those who didn't.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

Banned
I don't understand.
So You are saying it is cheaper on pc because I have gaming pc for 2500$ just laying around ?
I have it bought strictly for gaming. But it's just a beefy yt machine in my case :p

Saying that in many cases there is no increased cost at all to play sony pc games, since they are already set up for it.

Swift_Star

Banned
Not worth it to you sure. My PC is quite budget since I used some free time to get the best deals but I can run these new games at double the framerate and to me that is more then worth the price difference.
Example i play apex at 200 fps 1440p. Can I do anything close to that on console?
It should be clear that is not worth it to me.
About the bolded: good for you, it doesn’t matter to me and to lots of console gamers. Completely irrelevant tbh. It should be obvious that if this was a priority for us, we would buy a pc.
menalaus-laugh.gif

Everyone has their preferences and tastes and i ain't gonna criticize people for picking whats best for them but... same games? Minor differences? Nop. Really easy to pick apart those who have fully dwelved into the world of pc gaming from those who didn't.
not going to alter my enjoyment at all, so… minor differences. It’s time you all make your peace with all that.

It should be clear that is not worth it to me.
About the bolded: good for you, it doesn’t matter to me and to lots of console gamers. Completely irrelevant tbh. It should be obvious that if this was a priority for us, we would buy a pc.

not going to alter my enjoyment at all, so… minor differences. It’s time you all make your peace with all that.
Can you preface with imo then? You speak it as fact.

DeaDPo0L84

It should be clear that is not worth it to me...It’s time you all make your peace with all that.
It should be clear this has nothing to do with the topic and your projecting extremely hard, maybe take your own advice and find peace by simply avoiding threads concerning games being ported to pc since you have no interest in the topic?

Also it's obvious you have nothing to add being you have no real knowledge of the differences that come with said ports beyond spouting the same nonsense every console exclusive gamer says in these threads, it doesn't make you look good, only sad, close to honestly pathetic being you do this over...and over...and over.

Top Bottom