• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Spider Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12, 2022 (also Miles Morales Fall 2022)

yamaci17

It should be clear this has nothing to do with the topic and your projecting extremely hard, maybe take your own advice and find peace by simply avoiding threads concerning games being ported to pc since you have no interest in the topic?

Also it's obvious you have nothing to add being you have no real knowledge of the differences that come with said ports beyond spouting the same nonsense every console exclusive gamer says in these threads, it doesn't make you look good, only sad, close to honestly pathetic being you do this over...and over...and over.
Yup, I've noticed that PC users do not start this debacle. offenders are usually the console owners. and when the discussion spirals out of control, they claim that you're a PC salesman that tries to provoke you to get a PC, which is hugely incorrect

practically, their mentality:

"We want to talk shit about PC whenever a PC is concerned in a topic and we do not want rebuttals from you. If you do rebuttals towards us, you're a PC fanboy that wants people to get a PC instead of a console. Have a good day."

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
PC gaming: exists

Console fanboys:

FB124-D9-E-2254-4-FBF-A6-CC-33-A23015135-A.gif
excuse me ?
It is 100% other way around most of time :p

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Pc gamers aren't the ones sawing their hardware in half over multiplatform ports tho.
Or making alongated posts crying about x CEO over multiplatform ports.
Or literally crying on camera over multiplatform ports.
That's because pc players dont have anything like that to cry over.
They do call consoles plastic boxes and do anything to stay away from admitting that they spent 3k $ for a pc that does the same thing 2 years later :p
That's of course generalization. I do not want to have this conversation. I am that person too

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
That's because pc players dont have anything like that to cry over.
Saw shitons of initially pc only games getting ports over the years tho.

They do call consoles plastic boxes and do anything to stay away from admitting that they spent 3k $ for a pc that does the same thing 2 years later :p
That's of course generalization. I do not want to have this conversation. I am that person too
Rather than generalization feels more like you're projecting. Maybe its time you hang your M&K? First thing i decided when i realized consoles were just dead weigh and not worth the trouble for me was stop buying consoles, since you like complaining about pc so much i've 0 idea why you don't just do the same.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Money is not a problem for me, dude. I just don’t see the point, it’s not a good ROI to me. PC versions have barely any relevant difference whatsoever from console versions. Waste of money as I said.
But go on trying to validate your purchase.
Lol what? Rt alone kills console versions. Metro Exodus and control are miles ahead on PC. If rumors are true that returnal is coming to PC with rt, there goes another one. That's without counting 4k, dlss, 144+ fps, Gsync, ultrawide, mods, 4k textures, etc.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Saw shitons of initially pc only games getting ports over the years tho.

Rather than generalization feels more like you're projecting. Maybe its time you hang your M&K? First thing i decided when i realized consoles were just dead weigh and not worth the trouble for me was stop buying consoles, since you like complaining about pc so much i've 0 idea why you don't just do the same.
ehhh maybe I should... But I always had the pc. I am just realizing it was not my main platform for some time.
It's hard to have 4k120 desktop from a laptop though. So obviously I needed 3080 for that hdmi 2.1 :D
I do enjoy the riches of PC some. Not as much as I used to.

List of games I finished this year(I started keeping a list in 2017) and last year. It's so little, I am always embarrassed how little I play nowadays and how much time I waste on yt and twitch :(
-2022:
Metro Exodus Ehanced edition pc
God of War ps5
Vampire Survivors pc
Horizon Forbidden West ps5
Elden Ring ps5
Uncharted 4 Remastered ps5
Duke Nukem Forever 2001 beta ?! pc

-2021:
Astrobot Playroom ps5
Demons Souls ps5
The Evil Within 2 pc
Ratchet and Clank 2016 ps5
Syberia pc
Syberia 2 pc
Return of the Obra Dinn pc
Resident Evil Village pc
Uncharted 4 ps5
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart ps5
It Takes Two (coop) pc
Lego Builder's Journey RTX pc
A Way Out (coop) pc
Final Fantasy VII Remake ps5
Final Fantasy XV Royal pc
12 Minutes pc
Saints Row the Third Remastered pc
Returnal ps5
Superliminal pc
Exo One pc
The Forgotten City pc
Guardians of the Galaxy pc
Before Your Eyes pc
Halo Infinite pc
I've added platforms, so let's sum it up for past year and a half:
That's 31 games finished/replayed.
11 on ps5
20 on pc

Of course most of these games on pc, I could get on PlayStation. I just played them in gamepass or got cheap on steam and so on.
But looks like I still get a bit use of a pc :p

Guilty_AI

Gold Member
ehhh maybe I should... But I always had the pc. I am just realizing it was not my main platform for some time.
It's hard to have 4k120 desktop from a laptop though. So obviously I needed 3080 for that hdmi 2.1 :D
I do enjoy the riches of PC some. Not as much as I used to.

List of games I finished this year(I started keeping a list in 2017) and last year. It's so little, I am always embarrassed how little I play nowadays and how much time I waste on yt and twitch :(
-2022:
Metro Exodus Ehanced edition pc
God of War ps5
Vampire Survivors pc
Horizon Forbidden West ps5
Elden Ring ps5
Uncharted 4 Remastered ps5
Duke Nukem Forever 2001 beta ?! pc

-2021:
Astrobot Playroom ps5
Demons Souls ps5
The Evil Within 2 pc
Ratchet and Clank 2016 ps5
Syberia pc
Syberia 2 pc
Return of the Obra Dinn pc
Resident Evil Village pc
Uncharted 4 ps5
Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart ps5
It Takes Two (coop) pc
Lego Builder's Journey RTX pc
A Way Out (coop) pc
Final Fantasy VII Remake ps5
Final Fantasy XV Royal pc
12 Minutes pc
Saints Row the Third Remastered pc
Returnal ps5
Superliminal pc
Exo One pc
The Forgotten City pc
Guardians of the Galaxy pc
Before Your Eyes pc
Halo Infinite pc
I've added platforms, so let's sum it up for past year and a half:
That's 31 games finished/replayed.
11 on ps5
20 on pc

Of course most of these games on pc, I could get on PlayStation. I just played them in gamepass or got cheap on steam and so on.
But looks like I still get a bit use of a pc :p
Your gaming habits seem to indicate next gen console + middle range PC/Laptop is your best combo. Use console for AAA stuff "without the hassle" and play the more niche games that doesn't appear on consoles (nor usually require anything powerful) on your PC.
Naturally i don't know what can really be done since you already have a powerful pc anyway (maybe sell everything and get a gaming laptop?), not to mention you want 4k120 which i really think its unnecessary for most of these games.

Personally i mainly play old and niche games, with the occasional AAA every now and then.
I also often use mods either for add-on content on some games, to make some old games feel more modern (mainly stuff like adding wide-screen and 1080p resolutions) or to correct/improve certain titles that need improving or tweaks in some areas - like Cyberpunk with balancing mods, or Elden Ring like removing camera auto-centering (before From gave the option to disable it themselves) or the recent Co-op mod.
PC is basically the obvious choice for me.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Your gaming habits seem to indicate next gen console + middle range PC/Laptop is your best combo. Use console for AAA stuff "without the hassle" and play the more niche games that doesn't appear on consoles (nor usually require anything powerful) on your PC.
Naturally i don't know what can really be done since you already have a powerful pc anyway (maybe sell everything and get a gaming laptop?), not to mention you want 4k120 which i really think its unnecessary for most of these games.

Personally i mainly play old and niche games, with the occasional AAA every now and then.
I also often use mods either for add-on content on some games, to make some old games feel more modern (mainly stuff like adding wide-screen and 1080p resolutions) or to correct/improve certain titles that need improving or tweaks in some areas - like Cyberpunk with balancing mods, or Elden Ring like removing camera auto-centering (before From gave the option to disable it themselves) or the recent Co-op mod.
PC is basically the obvious choice for me.
yeah I like playing old games and replaying stuff.
The solution is to just not upgrade my pc for this gen. I should be golden.
I might change a case or something visual but if I game on pc, I want it to be pretty good. And desktop must be at 4k120 !
And good call about coop. PC is great for coop and I highly HIGHLY recommend all EDF games on pc. We finished them all on pc one night after another and then I got out 360 and we finished edf 2017 in coop and glorious 7fps.
Coop gaming for straight 2 months by two 30yo guys is the best thing ever.

Look at the thread you’re in posting in right now. If you are a console only gamer this shouldn’t concern you at all. Instead we have the same 5-6 people shitting all over the thread that do it in every PC thread. It’s sad and embarrassing.
I swear it's the same handfuls of people. I don't get why they don't just accept the facts. If you want a great price point hardware to enter into the next gen space, get a console. No one is stopping you. If you want to have unlimited combinations of settings, hardware, peripherals, etc, you'll probably spend a bit more, but if that's what you want, get a PC. Not even the sky is the limit.

But to claim a console and PC play the games, the same...? Far from it. And there's nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks. It's like trying to race an Audi supercar and a Toyota Camry.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I swear it's the same handfuls of people. I don't get why they don't just accept the facts. If you want a great price point hardware to enter into the next gen space, get a console. No one is stopping you. If you want to have unlimited combinations of settings, hardware, peripherals, etc, you'll probably spend a bit more, but if that's what you want, get a PC. Not even the sky is the limit.

But to claim a console and PC play the games, the same...? Far from it. And there's nothing wrong with that, different strokes for different folks. It's like trying to race an Audi supercar and a Toyota Camry.
The Toyota Camry pulls up with a 2JZ and a laptop inside the car...

and-we-say-bye-bye-donald-trump.gif

to the Audi.

Last edited:

Xander3116

I have a PS5 and a decent PC, already owned the game on PS4 and then again on PS5 and will absolutely buy again on PC, i can't wait!

ACESHIGH

Banned
Well to be fair I have noticed a trend and not all console gamers get so defensive or are so annoying when any discussion about PC gaming pops up.

Green fans are humble for the most part, Red fans are well aware their company is outside of any sort of arms race against pc, so they just shut up and game. But I don't know what the heck is going on with many fans of the blue team. Sample wise, its always these guys that deviate all discussion in every PC gaming specific thread. I remember one a few months ago when a guy built his first rig and he was just happy and wanted to talk about it. 5 posts after, the usual "5 hours per day to install drivers" "MIT degree minimum to install games" " 6000 USD minimum to run lotus notes" arguments pop up.

As I stated in a different thread. You guys should be in the acceptance phase now. Spiderman is releasing on pc. Many more games to come. Sony needs PC gamers money to keep funding AAA games. AAA games you will play, even before PC gamers. It will be a virtuous cycle brought to you by PCMR. You don't spend enough money on PSN (because you like to buy and sell physical games or share accounts, guess what, sony gets no money from that) so PCMR will have to once again save the day.

BTW the next Steam sale is in 2 weeks. Once the bean counters show Jimbo the numbers I am sure he is going to double down.

mckmas8808

Banned
Well to be fair I have noticed a trend and not all console gamers get so defensive or are so annoying when any discussion about PC gaming pops up.

Green fans are humble for the most part, Red fans are well aware their company is outside of any sort of arms race against pc, so they just shut up and game. But I don't know what the heck is going on with many fans of the blue team. Sample wise, its always these guys that deviate all discussion in every PC gaming specific thread. I remember one a few months ago when a guy built his first rig and he was just happy and wanted to talk about it. 5 posts after, the usual "5 hours per day to install drivers" "MIT degree minimum to install games" " 6000 USD minimum to run lotus notes" arguments pop up.

As I stated in a different thread. You guys should be in the acceptance phase now. Spiderman is releasing on pc. Many more games to come. Sony needs PC gamers money to keep funding AAA games. AAA games you will play, even before PC gamers. It will be a virtuous cycle brought to you by PCMR. You don't spend enough money on PSN (because you like to buy and sell physical games or share accounts, guess what, sony gets no money from that) so PCMR will have to once again save the day.

BTW the next Steam sale is in 2 weeks. Once the bean counters show Jimbo the numbers I am sure he is going to double down.

The bolded is a sign that you are a console warrior.

ACESHIGH

Banned
The bolded is a sign that you are a console warrior.

I don't own any console. Just stating facts from lots and lots of threads I have seen in forums over the years. If there's a company that in the last decade wanted to compete directly against PC gaming its Sony. First with their "Supercharged PC architecture" and then They even stated that the PS4 Pro was released "To prevent users from leaving the PS ecosystem to PC" And lots of their fans have the same mindset sadly.

Now they realized its useless to compete so I applaud them for realizing.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

You see the blue fans acting up because Green fans have no exclusives to defend.
Besides, I personally think blue team is also attacked the most because of ps popularity

PaintTinJr

Has it been proven anywhere that PlayStation needs that money? I'm sure the money is nice, but still small potato I would assume.

I suspect what is really at play is that PlayStation is just laying the foundations for moving into the PC market with its existing 120m customers, and this is about establishing that they are the highest production quality dev/publisher in the console space and the PC space. If that isn't their angle then I would say this foundation work is still more likely to be about giving PSVR2 two homes as a chance to stay-alive far more than caring about traditional PC only gamers' money for their 4year old exclusive ports.

I mean no one needs to be a bona fide soothsayer to see that gaming hardware of consoles, PC, smartphone, tablets, TV and cloud streaming are all converging rapidly to a point where a PS6 might be like a SteamOS/Steam Machine, you can buy pre-built or build from supported hardware.. or the PS6 might just be a control method that can work locally or cloud based on any of those convergent devices. Failing to prepare PlayStation's users to migrate with them as that technological convergence happens would probably end PlayStation and Sony, so they've likely got much bigger plans than a few hundred million in profits from each old game they port.

Topher

Gold Member

Fair enough. What consoles do you own?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Has it been proven anywhere that PlayStation needs that money? I'm sure the money is nice, but still small potato I would assume.

I suspect what is really at play is that PlayStation is just laying the foundations for moving into the PC market with its existing 120m customers, and this is about establishing that they are the highest production quality dev/publisher in the console space and the PC space. If that isn't their angle then I would say this foundation work is still more likely to be about giving PSVR2 two homes as a chance to stay-alive far more than caring about traditional PC only gamers' money for their 4year old exclusive ports.

I mean no one needs to be a bona fide soothsayer to see that gaming hardware of consoles, PC, smartphone, tablets, TV and cloud streaming are all converging rapidly to a point where a PS6 might be like a SteamOS/Steam Machine, you can buy pre-built or build from supported hardware.. or the PS6 might just be a control method that can work locally or cloud based on any of those convergent devices. Failing to prepare PlayStation's users to migrate with them as that technological convergence happens would probably end PlayStation and Sony, so they've likely got much bigger plans than a few hundred million in profits from each old game they port.
Hundred million in profits? Not even close.

Jim Ryan had fancy slides showing how much revenue was generated by Horizon, Days Gone and GOW ports since launch and it is literally $60 million for Horizon, $23 million for Days Gone and $26 million for GOW. GOW despite all the big 2 million+ Steam Spy numbers sold only 900k copies and generated a mere $26 million in revenue for Sony. Profits are likely around $10-15 million after development and marketing costs. Steam's 30% cut is really cutting into Sony's profits here, but there clearly isnt much money to be made here. Game sharing on Steam must be whats inflating the Steam Spy numbers. We saw the same thing with Elden Rings where Steam Spy showed 15 million users, but the game sold just 14 million across all platforms with PS being the lead platform at least in NA.

Sony made $80 million selling Days Gone, GOW and HZD in the last year. Thats pennies compared to what they generate in their console business which was $25 billion in 2020. We dont have last year's numbers but if Covid bump is taken away they are likley around $20 billion. $80 million vs $20 billion? Pennies really. What it does do is help them inflate the profits even if its just by 2-3% which in turn helps execs justify their own profits. It's all about their own end of year bonuses.

Next year they said they will make $300 million from PC revenue. Again, it's literally 1% of their overall revenue, but since most of it is going to be sheer profit thanks to the low cost of porting these games they are going to do it.

What's odd to me is that PSVR2 isnt PC compatible. Maybe they are waiting to avoid the backlash but this thing HAS to be PC compatible since day one and BC with all VR games on PC. I am guessing the cost of supporting PC games is too high and they just dont want to do it, but VR needs a bigger audience than just PS5 and this is one instance where I would be perfectly fine with Jimbo leveraging the PC audience since VR is still a niche product that needs the biggest audience possible. Not doing that is bizarre and just shows that they have no idea what they are doing.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
What's odd to me is that PSVR2 isnt PC compatible. Maybe they are waiting to avoid the backlash but this thing HAS to be PC compatible since day one and BC with all VR games on PC. I am guessing the cost of supporting PC games is too high and they just dont want to do it, but VR needs a bigger audience than just PS5 and this is one instance where I would be perfectly fine with Jimbo leveraging the PC audience since VR is still a niche product that needs the biggest audience possible. Not doing that is bizarre and just shows that they have no idea what they are doing.
It's got to be PC compatible for sake of opportunity. It's already not with PS4. And since Sony is going gung ho on PC, might as well add VR to it too. By the time PSVR2 releases, PS5 might have 25 million consoles sold. Maybe 30M tops (depending when it releases). Even if supply is ample and every eager PS5 gamer can buy it you might get a couple million buyers tops as early adopters. Who knows, maybe 10% buy it.

PSVR1 only sold 5M across 120M consoles (4% adoption).

SlimySnake

It's got to be PC compatible for sake of opportunity. It's already not with PS4. And since Sony is going gung ho on PC, might as well add VR to it too. By the time PSVR2 releases, PS5 might have 25 million consoles sold. Maybe 30M tops (depending when it releases). Even if supply is ample and every eager PS5 gamer can buy it you might get a couple million buyers tops as early adopters. Who knows, maybe 10% buy it.

PSVR1 only sold 5M across 120M consoles (4% adoption).
It made little sense for psvr1 to be ps4 only back in last gen when they were all about closed platforms and walled gardens, but in today’s Sony, it makes no sense whatever. I hate not being able to play or even watch pc vr content (yes porn) on my ps vr. It has been collecting dust for the last two years while pc has enjoyed big half life and re4 releases.

I’m struggling to come up with reasons behind this and it’s annoying me at how little they thought this through.

You see the blue fans acting up because Green fans have no exclusives to defend.
Besides, I personally think blue team is also attacked the most because of ps popularity
Remember when Xbox fans thought they had Starfield in 2022? I remember, so humble... they called it the GoTY without even seeing a second of it.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It made little sense for psvr1 to be ps4 only back in last gen when they were all about closed platforms and walled gardens, but in today’s Sony, it makes no sense whatever. I hate not being able to play or even watch pc vr content (yes porn) on my ps vr. It has been collecting dust for the last two years while pc has enjoyed big half life and re4 releases.

I’m struggling to come up with reasons behind this and it’s annoying me at how little they thought this through.
Also, peripheral gadgets are profitable. So releasing PSVR2 for gamers that are PC focused, theyll make money on the hardware and games. I dont think VR headsets from any maker are breakeven kinds of products.

SlimySnake

Also, peripheral gadgets are profitable. So releasing PSVR2 for gamers that are PC focused, theyll make money on the hardware and games. I dont think VR headsets from any maker are breakeven kinds of products.
It's probably just to avoid backlash. They do natively support DualSense on PC now. You can even update the controller firmware on PC. I think they will eventually release PC firmware, but my guess is devs will have to manually add support for it which would be a half assed way of doing it.

I am pretty surprised that they didnt even bother getting Half Life VR from Gabe and RE4 VR from Oculus. I get that they are exclusives but Sony should have enough cash to buy a port or two for launch.

mckmas8808

Banned
I don't own any console. Just stating facts from lots and lots of threads I have seen in forums over the years. If there's a company that in the last decade wanted to compete directly against PC gaming its Sony. First with their "Supercharged PC architecture" and then They even stated that the PS4 Pro was released "To prevent users from leaving the PS ecosystem to PC" And lots of their fans have the same mindset sadly.

Now they realized its useless to compete so I applaud them for realizing.

So you are a PC-Warrior then. Given the bolded, it's pretty clear. Their plan isn't what you think it is. I'm not sure how people seem to so not understand what Sony is doing here. They aren't trying to do the same thing that MS is doing. And that's very clear.

They embraced PC gamers many years ago.

mckmas8808

Banned

I think Sony said they were making a profit on every PSVR headset sold. Not at launch, but some time after that.

Solarstrike

Gold Member
Since the PC is in pretty much every single household in the world, it should be excluded from being called a console and instead, be known as a necessity. Therefore it is a requirement that all highly regarded console games be ported to it without delay.

Last edited:

OZ9000

Banned
This thread is so fucking retarded. Why are people arguing over which platform a game comes to? Both PCs and consoles have their pros and cons, but more options for everyone = better.

Who gives a shit if PS game comes out for the PC?

Simple maths:
Gaming = fun
More games for everyone = more people have fun

Top Bottom