• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

OK FINE I'LL PLAY MASS EFFECT 3....GOD.

(i played the first two, but for some reason, was not too excited about this.)

so...how's the PS3 version?

Lirlond

So I finished the game last night.

I chose the middle option, synthesis, and the ending was really vague, but also kind of uplifting, everyone seemed happy, and the after credits scene was nice "Tell me more about the Shepard"(does this change?). I'm pretty sure I got the best ending, since my bar was full, but did my squad die? I wish they could have had something to tell us what happened.

I really don't want to play through again right away, but can anyone who choose destruction or control pm me (or post here, whatever) with the ending details?

Overall I liked the game, it felt really solid, everything was nice and fleshed out. The only gripe I have is that the two gay characters shove the fact in your face the first time you meet. As if it's the only important part about their character. Felt like they were pandering.

Jintor

Ahhhhh post Tuchunka Citadel

Noooooooooo I can't deal with losing this many people ;___;

/edit
Ahhhh they even killed the returning character in the refugee area off off-screen ;___;

GorillaJu

Some of the characters, not all, but some, are written so incredibly well I'm actually going to miss them.

Mid-game spoilers, nothing serious
The little date with Garrus at the top of the Presidium is great banter. "Raise your hand if you've never died, before." "Touché"

I like being able to choose the renegade dialog options without feeling like it's going to fuck up my game. I'm about 60/40 Para/Ren and have the whole rep bar filled mid-game. It's been great so far.

Derrick01

Banned
Alright time to finish this today. It's easy to tell when you're getting close. You stop getting sidequests, people stop having new things to say and there's pretty much nothing to do except the main story. It sucks they didn't balance well and give you things to do near the end but oh well can't complain about the lack of content.

GorillaJu

Is there a decent special power you can get for taking down barriers? Does Slam actually do anything decent for that? I have so much god damn tech power and weapon damage that I can't think of anything I need except a way to take out barriers when I play on insanity.

Anyone else getting confused with the side quests? There are a few that I can't figure what to do next.

Also confused by the journal. It's hard for me to tell if I am doing a side quest or a main quest. In the previous games I would try to complete as many side quests as possible before jumping into the main..So far it seems I keep jumping into main quests when I am thinking they are side quests.

GorillaJu

Priority quests are main story quests. If it doesn't say Priority, then you can do it without fear of it expiring the side quest timer.

suracity

I chose the middle option, synthesis, and the ending was really vague, but also kind of uplifting, everyone seemed happy, and the after credits scene was nice "Tell me more about the Shepard"(does this change?). I'm pretty sure I got the best ending, since my bar was full, but did my squad die? I wish they could have had something to tell us what happened.

I really don't want to play through again right away, but can anyone who choose destruction or control pm me (or post here, whatever) with the ending details?

Overall I liked the game, it felt really solid, everything was nice and fleshed out. The only gripe I have is that the two gay characters shove the fact in your face the first time you meet. As if it's the only important part about their character. Felt like they were pandering.

I didn't have the middle option, maybe its because my bar was not full. I was hurry to finish the game once to see the ending. I only had blue/red option at my run and I tried both. Blue is "control" and it seems Shepard merges him/herself to the catalyst becoming half organic half synthetic and gains the control over reapers then command reapers to retreat. Red is "destruction" and simply all synthetic lives are destroyed including geths.

One question:
I heard in the end after Normandy landed on the unknown planet some crews will get out and take a breathe. But there was no one showed up in my run. Is that related to the how full your bar is?

I'm kind of bummed and wondering if I should have rolled a Vanguard. For ME1 and 2 my Shep was a Vanguard but for whatever reason I went with Adept in ME3. All the Adept skills (I started at lvl 30 so lots of points) just seem like they're too similar, even the same colors. It's hard to tell the difference. I'm only a couple hours in. Wondering if I should restart...
Also it seems like my guns do barely any damage. The enemies are huge bullet sponges. Have to use a whole clip to kill a guy. More than that if they have armor or something. I miss the Charge ability from Vanguard.

Kem0sabe

Anyone notice how ridiculously easy it is to get headshots in the game? Normal Cerberus troops are one shot one kill afairs, the ones with the shield are easily one shot killed through their shield slits, the heavily armored ones go down in 2 at most 3 shots.

All this with a handgun + scope... i imagine how it is with the sniper :D

suracity

I have Garrus with me all the time, actually my Fem Shep romanced Garrus and he is my favorite character in ME series, hell maybe my favorite in video games. Liara/Tali/Ash are all charming characters but I don't understand the craziness you guys have toward them, maybe its because I am female. :p

Dany

Banned
I'm kind of bummed and wondering if I should have rolled a Vanguard. For ME1 and 2 my Shep was a Vanguard but for whatever reason I went with Adept in ME3. All the Adept skills (I started at lvl 30 so lots of points) just seem like they're too similar, even the same colors. It's hard to tell the difference. I'm only a couple hours in. Wondering if I should restart...
Also it seems like my guns do barely any damage. The enemies are huge bullet sponges. Have to use a whole clip to kill a guy. More than that if they have armor or something. I miss the Charge ability from Vanguard.

Notice the difference? Singularity creates a wormhole, pull lifts and pulls guys, warp damages enemies.

You should be able to combo skills such as singularity followed by warp or pull followed by warp to damage enemies. Make sure you're not caring a lot of weapons. Most of adept is knowing how to combo multiple enemies at once.

Got this today for £20 at Blockbuster but cant play it yet cause just about near the end of Mass effect 2 PS3 and really want to carry my save over!!

Jintor

Damnit, there's a particular place in the world geometry standing right behind Joker where Shepard just completely refuses to move.

suzu

Damnit, there's a particular place in the world geometry standing right behind Joker where Shepard just completely refuses to move.

It's annoying! I've gotten stuck there once and another time in EDI's area too. I tend to hit quicksave before I go to the bridge now. lol.

It's annoying! I've gotten stuck there once and another time in EDI's area too. I tend to hit quicksave before I go to the bridge now. lol.

tumblr_m03cav1eNN1qfmlp3.jpg

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finished the (late game side quest)
Monastery mission
. Enjoyed it. Gorgeous skybox/vista, good premise, and a nice, if predictable, cameo. Wasn't too hot on the very final pay off, but it was a great mission.

kai3345

Banned
Just had a broment with Garrus on the Citadel.

<3 this game

Finished the (late game side quest)
Monastery mission
. Enjoyed it. Gorgeous skybox/vista, good premise, and a nice, if predictable, cameo. Wasn't too hot on the very final pay off, but it was a great mission.

Wait is that seriously late game? I just did that and im only 9 hours in. How long is this game?

Also fixed your spoiler lol

Tacitus_

the energy wave has a different color and different squadmates show up after the crash

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Wait is that seriously late game? I just did that and im only 9 hours in. How long is this game?

Also fixed your spoiler lol

I dunno. I'm at 24 hours :p, so I assumed so. I don't actually know how long I have left.

And thanks.

Trey

Is there anyone out there who disliked ME3/EA going in and still dislike the game and/or company? I know a few had a change of heart, but I'm curious if there is anyone who genuinely dislikes the game.

CAW

One question:
I heard in the end after Normandy landed on the unknown planet some crews will get out and take a breathe. But there was no one showed up in my run. Is that related to the how full your bar is?

I had all three options available to me and selected the control option. When the Normandy crashed landed on that planet, Joker got out with Liara. Then as the camera panned away, EDI got out of the ship.

I watched the other two endings on Youtub and they're pretty similar. The destruction option has Joker getting out of the ship with Liara again, and then Garus behind her. And then the Synthetics ending I watched had Joker getting out with EDI, but this time EDI put her arm around Joker and they walked a bit towards the horizon. And then Liara came out and the camera panned out.

I was a bit disappointed that the mass relays get destroyed with all three decisions. One of the reasons I went with control is so that life as everyone knows it, wouldn't change, minus of course the reapers. However the relays are destroyed so what does that mean? Basically back to square one, right? I mean without that technology, all the races can't travel as far and since so many of the races were at Earth fighting, I guess that means they're now trapped there?

The citadel closed as well, at least for my 'control ending' so I guess no more living there either?

Really confused with the ending in terms of how life goes on afterwards. I mean, I guess that means anyone on the Normandy is pretty much trapped on this new planet as they were in a relay stream when shit went down. Speaking of that, why were they in a relay warp?? It wasn't long since EDI was guiding missiles from the Normandy so you'd think they would have been some where near Earth. Ugh, so many unanswered questions.

And apparently that scene after the credits isn't the 'real ending'. In order to get that you need like 5000 EMS or something? And apparently you can only get this much EMS by grinding multiplayer or doing a new game plus? I can't even find the 'true ending' online yet, on Youtube. The scene I got after the credits was some old guy telling a story of the stars and 'Shepard'?

Damn I'm just not feeling this game. Only played for about 6 hours. It's not the games fault it's that I'm coming off 50+ hours of Skyrim and 60+ hours of KoA: Reckoning. I'm at the point where I don't give a shit what these AI characters have to say in this game or any game. I just want to shoot shit.
I'm just wondering if I should put the game down and come back to it later or blast through it and say goodbye to wrpg's for an extended period of time. Too bad, I really loved the first two. =/

CAW

It sucks that you can't change your gender with new game plus. I don't understand why they couldn't just add that in. So now I'm doing my second play through but just with a fresh import from ME2, not new game plus. Sucks.
I'm just wondering if I should put the game down and come back to it later or blast through it and say goodbye to wrpg's for an extended period of time. Too bad, I really loved the first two. =/
Sounds like you're burned out is all. Take a break for a day or two and then come back, you'll prob appreciate it more and get sucked in.

Is there anyone out there who disliked ME3/EA going in and still dislike the game and/or company? I know a few had a change of heart, but I'm curious if there is anyone who genuinely dislikes the game.

Yes, though I hate it more for what it could have been than what it is. What it is is just a competent shooter set within a stupid choose-your-own-adventure storyline. What it could have been is so much more.

Top Bottom