• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect 3 |OT| Space Jesus Returns (tag all spoilers)

bigace33

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YEAAAAAAHH, Finally! can't wait to get out of work, aaarrrgh.

IMG_20120309_122525.jpg
Congrats my friend. Enjoy the bonus mini game of disc swapping on your 360 version. lol no, seriously, I wish I still had a 360 because I prefer this game with a 360 gamepad. I can't even play it on Insanity(the way it's meant to be played) because of the stupid KB/M.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Yes, so let's avoid every other game the developer makes for the rest of time. A reasonable response. Nope, not an overreaction at all.

This is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not like Bioware has been amazing for the last couple years before this.

Congrats my friend. Enjoy the bonus mini game of disc swapping on your 360 version. lol no, seriously, I wish I still had a 360 because I prefer this game with a 360 gamepad. I can't even play it on Insanity(the way it's meant to be played) because of the stupid KB/M.

The KBM is more accurate than the controller, and you can have 8 powers on the hotbar instead of just three. How is the controller better? o_O

Mifune

Mehmber
Maybe its the cumulative effects and not this particulr issue? I know myself that ME3 will be my last Bioware game, and I haven't even started playing it yet.

Wow, Dragon Age 2 must have been really awful to have pissed everyone off so badly. Luckily I skipped it.

Deadstar

I'm just waiting for the face import fix. I'm not going to play with a different character when I've played as my Sheppard for 2 full games. Going to try multiplayer until they fix it.

Kem0sabe

Yes, so let's avoid every other game the developer makes for the rest of time. A reasonable response. Nope, not an overreaction at all.

I guess it´s down to personal experience, for me... it was down to having played ME2, then DA2, then SW:TOR, all games that really ended up disappointing me.

How many times do you have to eat at a shitty restaurant before you realize you don´t like the food they are serving?

Ultimately, ME3 is enjoyable simply as the conclusion of the trilogy, but is it worth the 60 euros i paid? No, not even close.

So there you have it.

Mifune

Mehmber
So you guys enjoy the game but are never playing a Bioware game again.

Oh lordy. Sounds like petulant children to me.

Truant

Overall, I'm disappointed. Felt super shallow and the ending is awful. Combat is great, but there's not much variety to it.

It's annoying but probably about as annoying as being invaded by Reapers. I think it captured it pretty effectively.

I'd take 15 Mass Effect 1 style Mako/uninhabited planet missions where they threw in some Shep Squad vs. Reaper action over most of these sidequests and all of the "Toy Normandy running from Toy Reaper Ships" stuff.

You know when you're outside enjoying yourself and it's a great summer day, but there's that one fly that just keeps messing with you flying in your face, and in your ear? This game is filled with those flies. Just buzzin' all over the gotdamn place.

bigace33

This is the straw that broke the camel's back. It's not like Bioware has been amazing for the last couple years before this.

The KBM is more accurate than the controller, and you can have 8 powers on the hotbar instead of just three. How is the controller better? o_O
The KB/M really is great, but in frantic action when I have to move in many different directions I'm more comfortable with the fumblesticks. I'm just not fast enough with the Keyboard. Don't get me wrong, the controls are great for PC.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Has anyone else had all the items from Sirta Supplies just disappear, when I opened it on my first visit it had everything, but now it just has Medi-Gel upgrades.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So you guys enjoy the game but are never playing a Bioware game again.

Oh lordy. Sounds like petulant children to me.

Do you work for Bioware or something?

The KB/M really is great, but in frantic action when I have to move in many different directions I'm more comfortable with the fumblesticks. I'm just not fast enough with the Keyboard. Don't get me wrong, the controls are great for PC.

That's fair. My roommate seems to have the same problem. I don't really get it, since I grew up playing shooters on PC, but I sympathize.

Has anyone else had all the items from Sirta Supplies just disappear, when I opened it on my first visit it had everything, but now it just has Medi-Gel upgrades.

This happened to me, too.

GorillaJu

What game could possibly be worth 60 euro if this isn't? So much has gone into it. The sheer magnitude of everything involved is incredible. I can't think of a game in recent memory that I played and thought "I'm glad there are huge blockbuster games with big budgets," but ME3 has me thinking that way.

I consider this on the same tier as Batman for this generation - not normally the type of game I like, but I'm glad it's there

Demon Ice

Banned
I downloaded the standard edition of the game on Origin, do I still need to buy the DLC through Bioware's own store? I found a link for the From Ashes DLC on Origin but the "Buy Now" button does nothing.

Edit: And it just started working. Ignore me, sorry.

Vamphuntr

Overall, I'm disappointed. Felt super shallow and the ending is awful. Combat is great, but there's not much variety to it.

I think the game does have the best gameplay of all 3 but overall all of the missions are basically the same aren't they? You get stuck in rooms/area where waves of monsters appear from doors and ceilings and you have to kill everything to proceed to the next room with similar waves.

Yeah, this is becoming more and more of a problem for me. Did a mission on the Citadel last night and the journal info was absolutely detrimental to me actually finishing it. The only info I had was "look for clues in the Embassy area," even though like 90% of that quests wasn't even in that area. Bleh.

Ok, assuming this is the
Hanar indoctrination
sidequest...where the bloody hell do you even go? A friend and I were complaining about this thing last night as we went all over hell, hither and yon trying to figure this shit out.

My path was
1)
Spectre room. Turn on tracking on console
2)
Activate console outside of Hanar room on embassy floor. Can see Hanar through glass.
3)
Dock converted into living quarters: Console right outside of elevator on the left.

And that's as far as we both independently got, and neither could figure out the next step. If you did figure it out, some help would be awesome.

thetrin

I think the game does have the best gameplay of all 3 but overall all of the missions are basically the same aren't they? You get stuck in rooms/area where waves of monsters appear from doors and ceilings and you have to kill everything to proceed to the next room with similar waves.

It's a bit disappointing that this is the case. I like the story mission a lot, but the N7 missions are glorified wave based horde mode.

Ok, assuming this is the
Hanar indoctrination
sidequest...where the bloody hell do you even go? A friend and I were complaining about this thing last night as we went all over hell, hither and yon trying to figure this shit out.

My path was
1)
2)
Activate console outside of Hanar room on embassy floor. Can see Hanar through glass.
3)
Dock converted into living quarters: Console right outside of elevator on the left.

And that's as far as we both independently got, and neither could figure out the next step. If you did figure it out, some help would be awesome.

There's a terminal in the hallway leading to the Hospital. Scan that, and then head back to the Embassies.
You should be able to figure it out from there.

Just awful. I don't want the game to hold my hand, but god dammit, I don't have a photographic memory. I don't always remember how far I've gotten in a quest, especially if I take a break to cook dinner or make myself a drink.

I have to literally sit there, glued to the PC, until I finish a side quest, because the journal refuses to do it's primary function: TRACK MY FUCKING PROGRESS.

The whole "Hmmm...I just found these schematics, I have no idea what these are for, time to write a totally unhelpful journal entry" schtick is beyond aggravating.

"You found some schematics somewhere. Go find someone who can use them" is positively the WORST quest text I have ever seen. What schematics? Where do I look? Where did I find this? I can't even look at what I got after the first time you pick it up, because the game has no god damn inventory. It just goes into some magic lockbox I'm not able to look inside.

It's sad to admit, but most of my time trying to complete quests like the one I slogged through last night basically just consists of me running around an area, hoping

Ok, assuming this is the
Hanar indoctrination

My path was
1)
2)
3)

Yep, that's the quest. Looking at all the steps involved in completing it, it should have taken me like 10 minutes.Instead, it took me 50 (I timed it). So annoying.
Head to the end of the refugee area for the next terminal and activate it. Then, activate the one by the elevator, again. Then, go back to the Embassy area and meet the Salarian outside the "Office Suites" area. That should be the end of it.

Mass Effect has always been a bad game produced really really well.

bigace33

What game could possibly be worth 60 euro if this isn't? So much has gone into it. The sheer magnitude of everything involved is incredible. I can't think of a game in recent memory that I played and thought "I'm glad there are huge blockbuster games with big budgets," but ME3 has me thinking that way.

I consider this on the same tier as Batman for this generation - not normally the type of game I like, but I'm glad it's there
Tell me about it. I think we are just spoiled in this day and age. This series had to be a massive undertaking by Bioware. Sure it's flawed, but this is the gaming series that most of us have dreamed of having. When it is all said and done, we'll look back on this series as gem.

Z_Y

Sorry if this has already been brought up (big thread).

But...was anybody else not able to import your physical appearance from ME2? It gave me some error claiming that it couldn't recreate my character's looks.

I was pretty bummed out about it as I've had this guy through 2 playthroughs of ME1 and 40+ hours of ME2. :-/

I tried my best to recreate my Shep manually but I accidentally gave him a bird beak nose and weak jaw. Totally killing the mood during cutscenes. =(

GSR

But...was anybody else not able to import your physical appearance from ME2? It gave me some error claiming that it couldn't recreate my character's looks.

I was pretty bummed out about it as I've had this guy through 2 playthroughs of ME1 and 40+ hours of ME2. :-/

I tried my best to recreate my Shep manually but I accidentally gave him a bird beak nose and weak jaw. Totally killing the mood during cutscenes. =(

Characters carried forward from ME1 can't have their faces imported.

I find I disagree with most of GAF on so many games, especially the ME series, and I love that.

Oh man I'm so ready for the ending. Body is ready to enjoy it.

GorillaJu

Use your ME1 file to import into ME2, then copy down the face code and use that to modify his face in ME3

Guesong

Don't judge until you beat the game. ~20 minutes was all it took to ruin 35 hours of goodwill for me.

Seconded. Though I think we should keep that kind of talk in the Spoiler thread, as to not influence the expectations and perceptions of those who have not finished it yet.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
This happened to me, too.

Strange, must be a bug, a bit lame though, there looked like there was a bunch of cool stuff for your room and now I can't have any, lame!

Ok, assuming this is the
Hanar indoctrination

My path was
1)
2)
3)

From memory you will need to go to the opposite end of that area in 3, and then back to 3, then back to 2.
But if you look on your maps it will highlight certain people and things you can interact with, look for a blue "Terminal"

GorillaJu

I find I disagree with most of GAF on so many games, especially the ME series, and I love that.

Oh man I'm so ready for the ending. Body is ready to enjoy it.

Hah same. I'm almost always in disagreement with the majority on what the best stories are. My favorite? Metal Gear Solid 2 :p

Dresden

Seconded. Though I think we should keep that kind of talk in the Spoiler thread, as to not influence the expectations and perceptions of those who have not finished it yet.

Yeah, that would be, well, considerate. Although having been spoiled on it somewhat I do think that shit is, well, really fucking
dumb

No matter what happens I'll always have that Garrus convo.

Derrick01

Banned
is it worse than ME2's ending?

I don't want to comment here because even tiny hints can give so much away. I'll be in the spoiler thread in a few minutes. I'm trying to gather my thoughts first, not that there hasn't been like 10 pages in that thread already lol

Vamphuntr

It's a bit disappointing that this is the case. I like the story mission a lot, but the N7 missions are glorified wave based horde mode.

Unfortunately a lot of the side story missions also boil down to this and some of the last story missions are basically defend this area until you can proceed to the next point.

Mass Effect has always been a bad game produced really really well.

Oh I agree but this wave thing is new I think. In ME 2 collectors often called reinforcements but here many missions involve waves of monsters spawning out of nowhere.

And I definitely agree that the ending is worse than ME2. Much worse. You should see the BSN right now haha.

thetrin

Hah same. I'm almost always in disagreement with the majority on what the best stories are. My favorite? Metal Gear Solid 2 :p

A surprising amount of people would agree with you on that, including myself.

Strange, must be a bug, a bit lame though, there looked like there was a bunch of cool stuff for your room and now I can't have any, lame!

From memory you will need to go to the opposite end of that area in 3, and then back to 3, then back to 2.
But if you look on your maps it will highlight certain people and things you can interact with, look for a blue "Terminal"

I would say that this is usually true, but at least in my run of that quest, my map was marked with a "terminal" that I couldn't even interact with.

Did you hate ME2's ending? I was fine with it. ME3's ending might not live up to my expectations, but I doubt I will despise it like many here.

2's ending was bland. Lackluster. Anti-climatic. A little bit silly.

3's ending is so bad it's offensive and it's the only due to the sheer quality of the rest of the game I don't hate Bioware for it. I would say it's maybe the worst game ending I've ever experienced -- at least for a franchise I'm invested in.

Top Bottom