• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mat Piscatella: Horizon: Forbidden West was one of the US market's top 10 best-selling games during the week ending March 23rd

Boss Mog

How is the franchise in trouble? It's one of Sony's top performing franchises when did it fall into trouble?
It's in trouble because the story in FW is complete nonsense, the characters are almost all forgettable, FW in general is very woke, the gameplay didn't evolve much at all from ZD. Like I said the only thing I really enjoyed in FW aside from graphics was Sylens and with Lance Reddick gone I'm not sure the franchise is worth it to me anymore and friends I've talked to agree.

It's the same with other Sony franchises (TLOU, Spider-man, God of War). They release a new IP , people love it, then they release the sequel which has a bad story, is super woke, shows no gameplay evolution, just better graphics and that sequel still sells well based on the original but a signficant chunk of gamers aren't happy about it and aren't looking to get the 3rd game, you know, fool them once and all...

Top Bottom